(silent) Com Activation Of Dvbviewer

UPollaehne

Hi,

if I use CreateObject to get COM access to DVBViewer (since GetObject failed due to no existing DVBViewer instance) the DVBViewer starts, shows its splash and opens its window.

It is no problem that DVBViewer opens a window although it would be nice to be able to tell DVBViewer that it should start without A/V and minimized.

The issue is that the opening window is in front of all other windows and gets the focus. So the user needs to switch back to the application that tried to access the COM object.

Is it possible to get around this behaviour?

not directly, if you start the DVBViewer with -nosplash the startup loader wont be displayed.

Christian

Thanks for the idea.

So to start DVBViewer nearly invisible I would use "-nosplash -m -c" or does the standby prevent using the COM objects?

Ok, I managed to start DVBViewer with "-c -m -nosplash" and COM works smoothly.

But now I want DVBViewer to restore it's window and tune to a channel.

Setting CurrentChannelNumber works. But how to restore the window?

In the list of TCMDType (which is not reacheable through the Typelib) there is the command CMD_MINIMIZE. But I do not find the CMD_RESTORE (or isn't it that obvious?).

Ok, I managed to start DVBViewer with "-c -m -nosplash" and COM works smoothly.

But now I want DVBViewer to restore it's window and tune to a channel.

Setting CurrentChannelNumber works. But how to restore the window?

In the list of TCMDType (which is not reacheable through the Typelib) there is the command CMD_MINIMIZE. But I do not find the CMD_RESTORE (or isn't it that obvious?).

So to answer my own question:

actions.ini contains all "commands" you can send via SendCommand(). There you will find WindowRestore and OnTop.