Missing Dvb Subtitles In Recording

Otukka

I have selected the DVB subtitles to be recorded but they are not recorded on the *.ts file. Subtitles work when I'm watching TV.

What could be wrong? DVBViewer is the latest version. I've tried the videorecord plugin also.

You have to check the box under:

Valinnat->Tallennin->TS-Tallenus->DVB-tekstit

Options->Recorder->TS-Format Options->DVB Subtitle

Christian

PS: And it only works if the output format is .ts

You have to check the box under:

Valinnat->Tallennin->TS-Tallenus->DVB-tekstit

Options->Recorder->TS-Format Options->DVB Subtitle

Christian

PS: And it only works if the output format is .ts

Options->Recorder->TS-Format Options->DVB Subtitle is checked and output is ts. The saved .ts file has only picture and audio streams. No subs.

Edited by Otukka
  • 2 weeks later...

I did some more tests and found out that the problem is tsplayer. The .ts file has the subtitles but tsplayer doesn't recognise them.

Edited by Otukka

Hello,

The .ts file has the subtitles but tsplayer doesn't recognise them.
which version of TSPLayer you use?

since TSPlayer 1.8.0:

- Added: Detection of DVB subtitle streams. The TSPlayer is not able to display DVB subtitles, but processes them when you cut a TS file or extract streams from it.
complete changelog can you find here, TSPlayer 1.8.0

:robot:

I have similar problems. I record .ts files with subtitles, but Media Player Classic and Videolan (VLC) cannot display them. Both detect that there is subtitles (DVB and Teletext), but both cannot display it. Even DVBViewer cannot display his own .ts files with subtitles!!!!.

How I can see if is true that the subtitles have recorded with th .ts stream?

Thanks in advance.

How I can see if is true that the subtitles have recorded with th .ts stream?

with analyzing tools or the hard way with a hex editor ;) You can try the TSReader lite (free) in file mode. It will show all streams with their pids.

But to be really sure you have to look into the corresponding streams. The pure existance of a stream doesn't mean that it contains useful subtitles.