Recordingservice Beta

Lars_MQ

I've uploaded a minor update for the recordingservice into the membersarea/beta section. Changes are: integrated enhancements of the hardclasses since last pro release and changes of the plugininterface.

The service comes with 3 plugins.

ATTENTION

=========

If installed, please first stop the service with the system tray control program and then shutdown the tray control program also, otherwise the update will fail.

Installation:

-------------

Extract the contence of the zip file into the DVBViewer Pro folder. On first installation start installsvc.bat to register the service with windows. If you want to delete the service please run first uninstallsvc.bat. You need for both Administrator rights.

The DVBViewer Recordingservice is a native windows service. It enables you to record programmed timers by the DVBViewer Pro without DVBViewer Pro.

The Files:

- installsvc.bat and uninstallsvc.bat:

Installs and deinstalls the service.

- DVBVservice.exe

The service.

The service is able to start the computer from Standby or Hibernate without taskscheduler, in fact you MUST disable the Taskscheduler in the DVBViewer. The computer will be started 3 minutes before the time to let the devices initialize properly.

Recording works also with no user logged in. You have to use Usermode 0 or 2, if you want to use the Service.

All important settings and programming of the DVBViewer Pro will be used also by the service. All settings and programming have to be done by the DVBViewer Pro.

DVBViewer Plugins are NOT supported.

Use it at your own risk!

Plugins:

---------

3 Plugins are in the package. These plugins are special plugins and are NOT for use with DVBViewer. DON'T PUT THEM INTO THE DVBViewer PLUGIN FOLDER! Keep the folder structure used in the zip.

To install the plugins run regplugs.bat. To uninstall them run unregplugs.bat.

The Plugins in detail:

- epgparser.dll

This Plugin does the epg-data parsing of the data stream from your devices. With each recording this plugin is notified and it gets all needed data, parses the EIT and transmits the parsed data to all interested parties (plugins).

- epgstore.dll

Is equivalent to the DVBViewer EPG datastore. It's able to read and write the EPG.dat and it takes the EPG data from the EPG-Parser Plugin and stores it. Other plugins can query this Plugin for EPG data.

-DVBVweb.dll

This is a cut down version of the webserver for DVBViewer. It shows EPG data and helps to create/change/delete timers. You need the epg-store plugin for epg-data.

It is enabled automatically and uses as default Port 80/local host (127.0.0.1). You can use the web configuration to change this.

Password and user default to "admin" and "admin" (without the "). All settings are saved in the setup.xml of the DVBViewers (sections "WebUser" and "WebGeneral"). The language files are identical with the ones of the Webserver for DVBViewer and have to be placed into the "Language" folder of the DVBViewer.

The html-templates are NOT identical and should be left in the default folder ("svcweb").

Version 1.1.3 Beta can be found in the membersarea.

Changes in 1.1.3.0

------------------

- Improved compatibility of the controlplugin with the GE.

- Added svccontrol to manipulate/control Times in the service.

- Fixes for FireDTV in hardware PID filter mode

The svccontrol can be activate via the popupmenu of the systemtray controlprogram.

Please read the above post or the readme for installation instructions.

• 2 months later...

A new Beta of the service in the membersarea.

Only for use with current Beta of the DVBViewer Pro. You will loose your EPG if you use it with the 3.6.1.20!

Changes 1.2.0.0

------------------

- Devicemanagement now uptodate with Pro Beta.

- EPG changes of the Pro Beta integrated.

- EPG-Management integrated into the service. Plugins EPGStore and EPGParser are obsolet now.

- Infofile and Fileinfo for recordings uptodate with Pro Beta.

- Webserver Plugin: Current changes of channelmanagement of the Pro Beta integrated.

Version info on DVBVservice.exe from the DVBVservice1.3.zip stills says 1.2.0.0.

Regarding EPG-Updater. Is it or will it be possible to update EPG via myXMLTV.exe without the need for DVBViewer to be running at the time of import?

Version info on DVBVservice.exe from the DVBVservice1.3.zip stills says 1.2.0.0.

It's the correct file, but I forgot to update the versionnumber. sorry.

Regarding EPG-Updater. Is it or will it be possible to update EPG via myXMLTV.exe without the need for DVBViewer to be running at the time of import?

Yes this will possible in future versions.

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I have been using the recordingservice for a while and think it's very good. A feuture that I want is when I have a recording set for safe if I come home late and the recording have started when I come home. Then when I start DVBViewer, the recordingservice (I think) says that a recording is on and ask if I wan't to end the recording (Yes, No). That I want in this scenario is been able to view the recording from the start. So the dialog should have a three option (Play, Yes, No).

/Patrik

Since there can be several recordings running in the service, this would not be very easy. And the viewer does not know anything about the service or it's state, it is done by the service control plugin and it is designed to work only on startup and shutdown of the viewer.

Is this function (recordingservice) going in the main product?
If you like DVBViewer to do the recordings use DVB Task Scheduler (Members Section) for automatic start up.

Maybe some more options for the service control plugin would be sufficient... I'd like to have something like "Don't borther me, never stop recording and start up". ;)

Ok, that would produce the message "no device available", if the service controls the only device. But since the service got removed from the setup, I think there are not sooo many people that have big troubles with such a message...

Maybe the plugin can even overwrite the message with a hint to the service, but I don't know if that is possible...

Okay, I'm a newbie but I cannot get this thing to work as it should...

This is what happens with Pro & GE -versions:

- I install this plugin as instructed

- I activate this plugin from DVBViewer's plugin -menu

- I open EPG in DVBViewer and pick up some program and click "send to PVR"

- I close the DVBViewer and wait for the program to begin (recservice is up and runnin, I can see it in "services" list)

Result: nothing gets recorded

If I open DVBViewer while the selected program is runnin, DVBViewer starts to record the program from that point.

If I add program to record from Web interface of recservice, it starts to record and it all goes fine.

So basically it feels like the recservice -plugin doesn't notice if I schedule some program from DVBViewer's EPG, why is that?

Edit: I also get an error message which says "Server execution faile." when I click on the DVBCtrl icon with right mouse button and choose "control".

Edited by D-Iivil
Okay, I'm a newbie but I cannot get this thing to work as it should...

This is what happens with Pro & GE -versions:

- I install this plugin as instructed

- I activate this plugin from DVBViewer's plugin -menu

- I open EPG in DVBViewer and pick up some program and click "send to PVR"

- I close the DVBViewer and wait for the program to begin (recservice is up and runnin, I can see it in "services" list)

Result: nothing gets recorded

If I open DVBViewer while the selected program is runnin, DVBViewer starts to record the program from that point.

If I add program to record from Web interface of recservice, it starts to record and it all goes fine.

So basically it feels like the recservice -plugin doesn't notice if I schedule some program from DVBViewer's EPG, why is that?

Edit: I also get an error message which says "Server execution faile." when I click on the DVBCtrl icon with right mouse button and choose "control".

Okay, this is weird. After I slept over the night it started to work ;)

I have now succesfully tested with several recordings.

I have a strange problem after I updated to version 1.3.4 of the recording service. The webinterface is no longer password protected! In the configuration page I can change the password and username and I can see in the setup.xml that the password follows the webinterface, but still it never ask me for it. I have tried on multiple machines (the PW is not stored in a cookie, and if that was the case I would notice after changing the password). Have anybody else noticed this?

BR,

René

support.zip

It's the same for me to.

And another thing is that the webinterface does not work if DVBViewer is running. This I don't know if it also was before or it's by design.

It's the same for me to.

And another thing is that the webinterface does not work if DVBViewer is running. This I don't know if it also was before or it's by design.

I guess this is by design. The recording service is disabled when DVBViewer is running. The two cannot run at the same time.

BR,

René

• 2 weeks later...
I have a strange problem after I updated to version 1.3.4 of the recording service. The webinterface is no longer password protected!

same problem. I think there is no solution right now?

When I stop the service and fire up the viewer, the webserver is protected again (i know, that these are two different programs: httpserver.exe and dvbvweb.dll).

Ok, now shutting down the viewer and power to the service.. no protection..

any suggestions?

Edited by Sinister256
Hello!

I have been using the recordingservice for a while and think it's very good. A feuture that I want is when I have a recording set for safe if I come home late and the recording have started when I come home. Then when I start DVBViewer, the recordingservice (I think) says that a recording is on and ask if I wan't to end the recording (Yes, No). That I want in this scenario is been able to view the recording from the start. So the dialog should have a three option (Play, Yes, No).

/Patrik

I solve it in this way:

On the desktop i have Shortcut to the folder where recordings are placed.

Clik the shortcut

At the bottom in the folder the latest recordings shows up

I just doubleclick the recording i want to see

DVBViewer then continues to record while you see the recording from the begining

But i would like an option that could disable the "Theres an recording, would you like to stop it?"

But i would like an option that could disable the "Theres an recording, would you like to stop it?"

Yes, I'd like that too... would be an option for the recording service control plugin, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

works great (with my 3650 CI) ;)

here is a (need update ?) translation for french ! rc_Francais.zip

hope it will help ;)

thanks and happy coding.

A feature request :

when there is multibox and a record in the service, the service "blocks" all the device (not just the recording one).

when using web interface for starting the record.

So you cannot launch DVBViewer to show another channel with the other(s) device(s).

good works again.

thanks for all

• 2 weeks later...
same problem. I think there is no solution right now?

When I stop the service and fire up the viewer, the webserver is protected again (i know, that these are two different programs: httpserver.exe and dvbvweb.dll).

Ok, now shutting down the viewer and power to the service.. no protection..

any suggestions?

I have the same problem too.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using the recordingservice 1.3.5 beta, and it seems that it can't wake up my laptop from hibernate state when a recording is supposed to start. I'm not sure if earlier betas had this problem, but at least with some older DVBViewer (with recordingservice embedded) it worked ok.

Is this a common problem or is it just with my Acer laptop ? This is real important feature, because most of the time when I'm not around, my laptop is in hibernate mode.

I'm using the recordingservice 1.3.5 beta, and it seems that it can't wake up my laptop from hibernate state when a recording is supposed to start. I'm not sure if earlier betas had this problem, but at least with some older DVBViewer (with recordingservice embedded) it worked ok.

Is this a common problem or is it just with my Acer laptop ? This is real important feature, because most of the time when I'm not around, my laptop is in hibernate mode.

Are you using Windows Vista?

I've got almost the same problem, but my PC wakes up once at least. But after hibernating for the second time, it won't be woken up by another scheduled task. But it will happen only if the Recording Service hibernates the PC. If I hibernate "manually", everything will be alright.

Edited by Ciscosurfer
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Since upgrading to the latest version of both DVBViewer and the recordingservice I have been unable to record anything unless DVBViewer is running. The recordingservice starts running when I close the Viewer but no timer info is visible when looking at DVBVctrl program. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Ideally if somone could put together an idiots guide to install and setup of this plugin.

Cheers,

Jon.

Are you using Windows Vista?

I've got almost the same problem, but my PC wakes up once at least. But after hibernating for the second time, it won't be woken up by another scheduled task. But it will happen only if the Recording Service hibernates the PC. If I hibernate "manually", everything will be alright.

No, I have XP Home Edition. I need to test this, but I'm quite sure that my problem exists even when XP has done the hibernation (not DVBViewer).

No, I have XP Home Edition. I need to test this, but I'm quite sure that my problem exists even when XP has done the hibernation (not DVBViewer).

Nice to know. When I posted this in the German forum, I didn't get an answer. It's hard enough to get any kind of support if you speak about Vista and DVBViewer, because Vista and especially its UAC is soooooo very bad in some people's point of view...

I presume there is a bug in version 1.3.5 of the recording service leading to this behaviour (no wake up after hibernation initiated by the recording service). Unfortunately, I don't get any response to my comments.

DVBViewer works in Vista, and you'll get support if you run into problems. Recording Service is another application which is provided "as is" for free from Lars, developed in his spare time. You won't get much support for it in XP either.

Anyway Vista still has bugs, especially when it comes to "waking up", that's why the task scheduler (another free application that comes along with DVBViewer) has implemented a work arround for vista that creates two windows tasks for each timer, because vista wakes up for a task, but doesn't run the task (you can test that with manualy created tasks). Most probably it's a similar problem with the recording service... but still, there is no right for support of this application, because it is provided "as is".

Anyway Vista still has bugs, especially when it comes to "waking up", that's why the task scheduler (another free application that comes along with DVBViewer) has implemented a work arround for vista that creates two windows tasks for each timer, because vista wakes up for a task, but doesn't run the task (you can test that with manualy created tasks). Most probably it's a similar problem with the recording service... but still, there is no right for support of this application, because it is provided "as is".

No, it isn't a similar problem with the recording service, because all versions of this service worked very well in Vista despite of 1.3.5. The problem I described first appeared with this version. So this cannot be a problem of Vista, can it?

I recognize that the recording service is provided for free. But I'm sorry I am no programmer and I cannot look into the sourcecode nor could I understand it. This is why I write about my problems in a forum like this one. And in one year or two lots of people want to have support for Vista, so why laughing at people who are using Vista? You won't get around this in the future.

And there MUST have been a change in the recording service. Another thing: With v1.3.5 the "Control" window works in Vista. This wasn't the case before. But before, Vista was claimed to be faulty. Now the control window works alright. Is Vista still faulty now? Or what has happened? I didn't get an answer to this by now.

I'm writing (and lots of others here in this forum, too) in order to give help to improve the products that are given to us all. I'm just waiting for anyone who picks it up.

And yes, Vista HAS bugs, but it's not responsible for any bugs appearing somewhere somehow.

Of course it can... the problem with taskscheduler was introduced by some security updates for vista... I, too, don't know what the problem with the recording service is or if it exists for everybody (but I don't think so, because only you reported it for vista, till now). I'll try that later.

If you still have a previous version of the recording service, you can try that one.

You can be sure that the dev's read many posts in this boards and have a look at the source, if they are not sure if it's a bug. They even introduce many wishes without notice (for example the working control window).

Hi there, I have a similar problem with Recording Service 1.3.5 and DVBV 3.9.1.0 on XP MCE. In this case the Recording service is sometimes not running and therefore recordings are missed (quite obvious). However, I don't understand why recording service sometimes stops. I can see from Windows Task Manager that DVBVservice.exe is not running after missed recording and also verify it from Control Panel's "services". If I then manually start the service again from Control Panel it works again. I use Hibernator or manual press of power butten to set the system to standby.

So problem is that sometimes after reboot of standby, recording service is stopped due unknown reason. This is annoying as recordings are missed. Any ideas why?

I've tried setting the service to "automatic" and "manual", service stopping occurs in both way, maybe more frequent on automatic. I know that I could use task scheduler but recording service is better for my usage. Workaround could be to write a small .bat which would start the service from command line and run it everytime system returns from standby. Do you know if this is possible?

EDIT: workaround found: Hibernation trigger calls for resume.bat always when system resumes from standby. resume.bat includes

net start "DVBViewer Recording service"

so this bat will start the recording service just in case. I've also included resume.bat to windows startup folder so service is started also on each boot. This should now work

Edited by alps
  • 4 weeks later...

Tried installing service version 1.4.0.1.321C02 with DVBV3.9.2 but i'm getting an error message: Application could not be initialized (0xc0000005).

The program runs neither with parameter "/install" nor without.

The OS is a newly installed Windows 2000 with all servicepacks and patches.

DVBV runs without problems.

Aydan

• 2 months later...

Could I add a feature request to this excellent little prog? Would it be possible to implement the same sort of COM interface into this as in DVBViewer itself, or at least a subset of it with the ability to add recordings? I'm trying to automate recording from Digiguide (an excellent online TV guide), but want to be able to do it totally silently. There is a plugin for Digiguide called DABDIG which will add a recording into the main DVBViewer using COM, but of course this isn't silent, and needs to have DVBViewer running to work. If the Recording Service had some sort of external interface to add recordings it would be perfect. It could even be a command-line interface, not necessarily COM.

Thanks for a great little add-on.

Try the TVGenial/Commandline tool. It does what you want.

Thanks! That's exactly what I need. I missed it before as there doesn't appear to be any English documentation for it so I had no idea what it did (my German is non-existent, I'm afraid). Anyway, I've figured out how it works, so will now try and get it working from Digiguide.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I wanted to ask what time format am I supposed to see in EPG web interface part of this great service. Currently EPG time info shows 12h AM/PM format h:mm tt, while EPG contains 24h H:mm (also have this set in Regional settings of OS), is there a way to customize this or is it a bug somewhere on my part? AM/PM characters breaks line sometime, and I suspect this is not something I'm supposed to get. It's a little bit confusing :bye:

Also I cannot get few unicode characters display properly in web interface, they are showing fine in actual DVBViewer on the other hand. I'm using English Vista and I had to set system locale to Czech Republic to get them working in DVBViewer app.

Tried different Character Enodings in my browser but it didn't help.

Thanks.

The time/date format is the default timeformat as set in the windows options.

That's what I thought so, but still I have a different formats while viewing What's on Now (and everything else EPG related, which is in AM/PM) and when adding a timer, which is in 24H format. I have OS set for 24H format, so it's quite interesting why does this happen. I'll try to post some screens when I'm in home.

this is how it looks like comparing HTTPServer.exe and DVBVservice.exe:

dvbvwebit6.th.jpg

Unfortunately, copying web files from HTTP Server to SVCweb dir doesn't fix this problem.

Timer Time format is right in both interfaces:

dvbvwebtimerokoa6.th.jpg

Also here is a picture showing problem with Characters encoding i described above:

dvbvepger5.th.jpg

No characters encodings set in browser can fix it (windows-1250 should show desired characters)

Thanks, JK.