Recordingservice Beta

Lars_MQ

Well, I must confess, I'm not sure what is happening.

My guess: Because the service runs in a non user account it does use the general setting of windows. The local setting you changed are per user(account) settings, so I'm at a loss here what to do... If I force the use of 24h times in general, I will get for sure complains from am/pm timeformat users :bye:

Well, I must confess, I'm not sure what is happening.

My guess: Because the service runs in a non user account it does use the general setting of windows. The local setting you changed are per user(account) settings, so I'm at a loss here what to do... If I force the use of 24h times in general, I will get for sure complains from am/pm timeformat users ;)

Aha, I tried to change it to Log On with my admin account, but it stills ignored regional settings of that account, also not sure if service could work like that properly, but wanted to try if it fix this issue. Hopefully you can come up with some idea :bye: I'm gonna look if there is a way to change default settings of windows.

Try this:

Start|Settings|Control Panel|Regional and Language Settings|Advanced Tab

On the bottom it has a checkbox:

Apply all settings to the current user account and to the default user profile.

Aha, I tried to change it to Log On with my admin account, but it stills ignored regional settings of that account, also not sure if service could work like that properly, but wanted to try if it fix this issue. Hopefully you can come up with some idea :bye: I'm gonna look if there is a way to change default settings of windows.

OK, it can be changed via HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\International and it works!

Thanks Lars. Do you please have any clue about character encodings?

Thank you so much for this awesome addition to DVBViewer. It works perfectly well for me, but still I would like to see a delete option added to the Taskbar Control. At the moment the only way to delete a running or planned recording is to go through the Webservice.

Thank you for continous development making a good program perfect!

can i change the GMT setting to manual like DVBViewer?

because the time of the epg is not correct, but no problem in DVBViewer.

Thanks.

can i change the GMT setting to manual like DVBViewer?

No it takes the Windows settings, but I'll integrate this into the next version.

One more question,

the record service will stop when i start the DVBViewer

can it be auto start again when i close the DVBViewer?

Thanks.

in DVBViewer take a look in the plugins menu -> Rec. Service. Also read the suplied Readme for the recording service.

Am I totally wrong when I tested auto EPG updater feature, it blocked DVBServer from using the tuner (no automatic turn of epg updater when DVBServer needs tuner for clients). If it is this way, could it be changed and could there be a option for EPG autoupdater feature to wake up computer from sleep and do the updates by schedule (for example at night).

Well I found out that switch NFW (nofilewrite) works fine for me when I put that in description of recordings. That way I can wake up my computer to just one transponder to get epg for (canal nordic). So no need for EPG updater, but if I would like to get EPG from other satellites, It would be nice if EPG updater would work right with DVBServer.

the service contains the epg routine of the DVBViewer, so it does support chinese epg encoding. As for the webinterface: you are on your own. Most likely it can be done be setting the right header parameters in the html templates, but I don't know.

Could it be possible to integrate dvbserver and recording service together. So all recordings would be made by this service in network system. So if unicast client want to record something, client sets timer via DVBViewer, which sends it to the server on lan and then client could just shutdown DVBViewer. Then DVBServer would make all recordings. Also on server computer starting/closing DVBViewer wouldn't interfere with recording service, like it does now. I think this would the most logical way, but it would need simultaneous recording/unicast streaming possibilities, sounds difficult. I think that mediaportal does it this way, but it is just so bloat software (there is no CPU which would run it easily, or if there would, it would crash 10 minutes after starting :) ). Also some linux htpc distros can do this.

Well if we allow only one client, it would be no problem, but that would be not really a server. With many clients it gets really complicated.

In the german forum part is a discussion about it, just take a look here you don't have to know german to see how much it is.

the first post from me describes a normal scenario with 3 people watching, several dvb-cards and several recordings/timers on the server. If you scroll down you see the first try of a concept from tjod, you can't miss it his post must be half a mile long :)...

You see we're working on it, but it may take a while.

I have now used recording service for a few days, haven't found any major bugs. Great for scheduling through internet.

However something is wrong in configuration page: General>>start page>>recordings. Doesn't work, is it some disabled feature? It would be a good feature to see what recordings there are in dvbviewers recordings folder.

Also if you are developing timer for automatic epg download? Could there also be a option what folders in channellist it scans. Because I have some folders (satellites) in my channellist which I don't usually watch at all, so downloading epg for those like hotbird 13 would be useless and takes forever, because there are so many transponders. That would also make downloading those webpages so much quicker, because it wouldn't need to show all useless channels on what's today and so on...

this is a bug. the page is not (yet) defined for the service. I forgot to remove it.

You can exclude channels in the DVBViewer channeleditor just exclude the channels/groups/satelites from the dvb-EPG.

Great plugin Lars, just trying it out now. After several years of putting up with below average DVB-T software your programs are a revelation. DVBViewer and the other I use ( VideoRedo Plus ) are truly a delight to use and both so well supported by the programmers and the community. Many thanks!!!!

All settings are saved in the setup.xml of the DVBViewers (sections "WebUser" and "WebGeneral"). The language files are identical with the ones of the Webserver for DVBViewer and have to be placed into the "Language" folder of the DVBViewer.
There are rc_language.lng files in DVBViewer/language folder but I have not succeseeded to change it. How can I change the language ?

open the configpage in the webbrowser, on the right side select the wanted language. Press save and then press the reload button of the browser. That should do the trick.

open the configpage in the webbrowser, on the right side select the wanted language. Press save and then press the reload button of the browser. That should do the trick.
I installed the recording service downloaded from membersarea. I get service control that has not very much to do with the browser. Then I can find

web and SVCWeb folders in my DVBViewer folder, there are config.html files which might be the one you mean but it looks like that. What is going wrong ?

You did use the installer? And you enabled the webinterface in the installer, set the port and the username/password? Then use a webbrowser of your choice and open

http://127.0.0.1:[yourport]

if you are working on the same computer the service runs otherwise replace 127.0.0.1 with the correct IP of the PC running the service.

You did use the installer? And you enabled the webinterface in the installer, set the port and the username/password? Then use a webbrowser of your choice and open

http://127.0.0.1:[yourport]

if you are working on the same computer the service runs otherwise replace 127.0.0.1 with the correct IP of the PC running the service.

Yes I used installer, now it work by using the link you cave (I would never find that by myself).

I have also made a Finnish language version for that but it does not effect anything in service control window, is there any language supprt for that.

(I will send the language file to SF100 for furter use, there was also some parts which was not able to translate)

Thanks for help.

I have problem after I updated DVBVservice1.4.1.7 to DVBVservice1.4.1.15

My scheduller Wakeup computer from Hibernate state (account logoff) in the reccording time.

Windows runnig, recording service starting and don't anythig recording. Any idea what I check?

When I rollback DVBVservice 1.4.1.7, record doing correctly.

jose

support.zip

can i change the time format to 24 hrs instead of 12 hrs ?

also can i change the charest set using in EPG?

because all word is change to like this "­»´ä¦­±á"

for 24h format look here.

the charset can maybe be changed in the webtemplates, but I don't know.

i already using 24hrs, but still display 12hrs, it is correct in "Web Frontend"

i try to edit the webtemplates, "Timer" and "Recording" is ok now

but EPG title still in wrong, seem it split the "2 Byte" character and show like above html format.

i already using 24hrs, but still display 12hrs, it is correct in "Web Frontend"

now you lost me. what is displayed exactly where? ;)

For the EPG/Chinese characters I like to take this to the Web Interface for the DVBViewer, it's basically the same there, but no need for an installer and I think this is easier for you and me. If we get it to work there I will integrate it of course in the recording service also.

now you lost me. what is displayed exactly where? ;)

For the EPG/Chinese characters I like to take this to the Web Interface for the DVBViewer, it's basically the same there, but no need for an installer and I think this is easier for you and me. If we get it to work there I will integrate it of course in the recording service also.

for me

httpservice is 24Hrs

web of record service is 12Hrs

Chinese EPG is fine in EPG page.

for me

httpservice is 24Hrs

web of record service is 12Hrs

Chinese EPG is fine in EPG page.

So, for recording service, can I do some tricks in order to get Chinese display in EPG? Web interface can see Chinese char.!

I have problem after I updated DVBVservice1.4.1.7 to DVBVservice1.4.1.15

My scheduller Wakeup computer from Hibernate state (account logoff) in the reccording time.

Windows runnig, recording service starting and don't anythig recording. Any idea what I check?

When I rollback DVBVservice 1.4.1.7, record doing correctly.

jose

I have exactly the same problem with 1.4.1.20. After I wakeup my PC from hibernation, the service doesn't start any recordings. They all appear in the Control window ok, and I have to bounce the service to get it to work. This is on a Vista machine.

To get around it, I have a batch job that runs when the PC comes out of Hibernation that restarts the service.

I can't reproduce this. Maybe you could:

1. delete the svcdebug.log in the userdata folder.

2. reproduce the problem. Try to match the times in the svcdebug.log with your action, so I know when shutdown occurred and when a standby/restart should have taken place. Just a short time - action list.

3. post both here.

I can't reproduce this. Maybe you could:

1. delete the svcdebug.log in the userdata folder.

2. reproduce the problem. Try to match the times in the svcdebug.log with your action, so I know when shutdown occurred and when a standby/restart should have taken place. Just a short time - action list.

3. post both here.

Ok, so reproduced this as follows:

1. at 10:11 on 26/6 I put the PC into Hibernation. Log shows "26.06.2008 10:11:50 thread service ended" at this time

2. 10:15 woke up PC. Service icon in system tray says service is idle

3. 10:20 Added a timer using command line tool dvbv_tvg (indirectly from Digiguide). Timer set to start at 10:27. Control interface shows timer added ok.

4. 10:21 Added another timer for a different channel in the same way to start at 10:22

5. 10:22 - timer does not start - icon still orange and showing service is idle.

6. 10:27 - second timer does not start - tray icon still the same.

The only entries on the log during this are "start comserv" and "shutdown comserv" which correspond to the time I started the Control interface to check the timers.

It looks to me like the service shuts down on hibernation, but never restarts properly, although in Windows Service Manager it says it's running.

Thanks for looking at this.

svcdebug.log

"thread ended" means the service is completely shutdown like in turned off. Something that is not supposed to happen and does not happen for at least nearly all other users.

So the question is, what's different with your installation. Is there something in your windows eventlog, that could give a clue?

"thread ended" means the service is completely shutdown like in turned off. Something that is not supposed to happen and does not happen for at least nearly all other users.

So the question is, what's different with your installation. Is there something in your windows eventlog, that could give a clue?

I can't see anything out of the ordinary. When I initiate sleep I get the following events in the System Log:

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service entered the paused state.

The service temporarily stopped publishing because of a power event.

The system is entering sleep.

The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{5500A2B6-F4C4-4649-9C40-B8CC900AC571} because a master browser was stopped.

The system detected that network adapter Network Bridge was disconnected from the network and its network configuration has been released. If the network adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has malfunctioned. Try updating the driver for the network adapter.

The App log has nothing for that period.

I should mention this is using Vista's Hybrid-Sleep mode, so is not "ordinary" sleep or hibernation as on XP. Could it be your code does not cater for this (sorry, I'm not a programmer so don't know what happens when services are told by the operating system that it is going into a power-saving mode)?

Thanks

I should mention this is using Vista's Hybrid-Sleep mode, so is not "ordinary" sleep or hibernation as on XP.

This could be the point. Well at least the system wakes up as planned.

Now I have to investigate what MS did this time with this hybrid mode :)

This could be the point. Well at least the system wakes up as planned.

Now I have to investigate what MS did this time with this hybrid mode ;)

This did work fine on a previous version of the service (sorry, can't remember which). I've tried going back to 1.4.1.1 (the only other version I still have a copy of), and the service then starts recordings ok after Hybrid-sleep - but then never ends them :D Actually, it stops writing to the recorded file, but the tray icon indicates it's still recording, and it never starts any subsequent timers. But I don't want to confuse the issue...... :)

I am Hong Kong member, the last version is stills can't display the Chinese EPG correctly.

This problem is fixed in the current version of DVBViewer. Would you please fix it in next version?