Recordingservice Beta

Lars_MQ

I am a Newbie and have only started using this add on today. I think it's great. I like the way the EPG can be searched and the links to the imdb. The best and quickest version of this feature I have found. Thanks for a great program.

i have fix the network drive problem y change the path to \\######\###### instead of x:\######

But i found another problem .it is the recordingservice cant record multi subtitle and audio channel

how can i fix t?

As far as I can tell, it gets it's configuration settings from the main program. Just a suggestion as I am new to this but have you ticked the boxes in 'options/recorder/format options' in DVBViewer? Also are you recording in .ts format?

I am a Newbie and have only started using this add on today. I think it's great. I like the way the EPG can be searched and the links to the imdb. The best and quickest version of this feature I have found. Thanks for a great program.

As far as I can tell, it gets it's configuration settings from the main program. Just a suggestion as I am new to this but have you ticked the boxes in 'options/recorder/format options' in DVBViewer? Also are you recording in .ts format?

Yes it is ts and i have tick all the setting

i have try to record in the main program and it can record multi subtitle and audio channel.

But the recordingervice cant idont know why = = :bounce:

The "Web Interface" of shortcut is not work, only a small window is appeared and closed later.

I am using vista 32bit and firefox as default browser.

I found if I created a backdate schedule job via web interface, for example: At 9:00pm, create a job at 8:30pm, then the recording service will held up and the web interface will held up also.

The "Web Interface" of shortcut is not work, only a small window is appeared and closed later.

I am using vista 32bit and firefox as default browser.

I found the problem. It is because the vista UAC is enabled, so it blocked to call the browser.

That's strange. It is a simple shellexecute, the same is used in the DVBViewer for the epg internet search.

I don't know why. I am not a programming master.

But now I disabled the UAC of vista, all feature of recording service is work fine.

Since I enabled UAC of vista, I need to authorize to run the DVBViewer, I think that it is the problem to execute the job related to DVBViewer.

dfid it display before correctly?

Edit:

Please ignore my question. I found the reason. All other channellists should display properly.

Hi

I have a problem where the Recordingservice webserver keeps reverting back to the default port 80. I've changed it several times in the web configuration and it works for a while but eventually ends back at 80.

I've tried looking for the setup.xml file where these settings are saved, but I cant seem to find this file at all. Has the storing of these settings changed?

Any help most appreciated.

Do you use DVBViewer at the same time? Then the setting can be overridden by the DVBViewer when it ends.

It was a stupid idea from the beginning :robot: and I will change several things over the next versions, so you can have seperate hardware.xml and setup files.

Can Recording Service provide a way to execute a customize program after resume from Hibernate?

It is because my usb HDTV stick need to be called by devcon.exe to restart, then to prevent the DVBViewer can't found the hardware.

Do you use DVBViewer at the same time? Then the setting can be overridden by the DVBViewer when it ends.

It was a stupid idea from the beginning :angry: and I will change several things over the next versions, so you can have seperate hardware.xml and setup files.

Thanks for clearing that bit up Lars. At least I know now whats causing it to revert back to port 80, but Im at a loss as to why. Is the recording service not meant to be used this way?

In the beginning it was meant to be used as a substitute for the DVBViewer, so you don't waste resources if you only want to record in the background. So you run one or the other.

But it evolved somehow to a little bit more than that.

Normally there is a plugin which disables the service if the DVBViewer is started or warns that a recording is running in the service and starts the service again when the viewer closes. Did you disable it?

Oh no, the plugin works just fine and I know I cant login when the viewer is running since the service is disabled, so I also have the web interface server running just for these instances. So is it when the viewer closes and the recording service re-commences that the port is reset to 80? Could the recording service and the web interface server be conflicting? I certainly havent had any problems with the web interface server port reverting back to default.

Of course, if both applications are set to run on the same port, they won't work. The webinterface of the DVBViewer doesn't close automatically with DVBViewer, so the port is still in use and can't be used by the recording service. Better use different ports for them.

Of course, if both applications are set to run on the same port, they won't work. The webinterface of the DVBViewer doesn't close automatically with DVBViewer, so the port is still in use and can't be used by the recording service. Better use different ports for them.

I know, thats the reason why I discovered the problem in the first place :)

The recording service keeps reverting to the default port that the web service is using, causing both services to not work.

I've just installed the recorder service and have a couple of problems/questions.

1. Should I be able to add recodings from the DVBV Service controller window, as I can't select any channels?
  2. Is there a quick way to only get it to show Favorite Channels in the Web Interface
  3. I can't select BBC HD (AC3,Eng), it only shows BBC HD (NAR), in DVBViewer BBC HD (AC3,eng) only shows once I expand (+) BBC HD (NAR) in the channel list editor

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ronski

I have a small problem with recording multiple programs from multiple firedtv tuners.

Situation:

- DVBViewer 3.9.40, DVBVservice 1.4.3.0

- 2 FireDTV tuners + cams installed.

- Add 2 recordtimers (2 different streams) in DVBViewer

- DVBViewer records them fine.

- Exit DVBViewer

- Recording service takes over but records only 1 of the 2.

Recording service does list both timers, but runs one.. like it doens't see the second FireDTV.

I'm probably missing something completly obvisious.. but just find what.

Anybody any idea??

Edited by amontillado

The entries in the hardware.xml are wrong.

start -> programs -> DVBViewer program group -> userdata folder. In this explorer window rename the hardware.xml to hardware2.xml. Then start the DVBViewer and check your hardware settings.

In the hardware.xml file then entries:

<entry name="InstID">FireDTV BDA Tuner DVBC 0</entry>

<entry name="DeviceNr">1</entry>

of the fireDTV devices must be different. (one device 0 and 1 and the other 1 and 2).

I wonder what happened there ;)

I've just installed the recorder service and have a couple of problems/questions.
  1. Should I be able to add recodings from the DVBV Service controller window, as I can't select any channels?
  2. Is there a quick way to only get it to show Favorite Channels in the Web Interface
  3. I can't select BBC HD (AC3,Eng), it only shows BBC HD (NAR), in DVBViewer BBC HD (AC3,eng) only shows once I expand (+) BBC HD (NAR) in the channel list editor

Thanks in advance.

Any ideas on my problems/questions please?

start -> programs -> DVBViewer program group -> userdata folder. In this explorer window rename the hardware.xml to hardware2.xml. Then start the DVBViewer and check your hardware settings.

of the fireDTV devices must be different. (one device 0 and 1 and the other 1 and 2).

I wonder what happened there :bye:

Thanks for your quick response!!

I have no clue what happened. I did install the 2nd firedtv after I allready used DVBViewer with only the 1st installed but that shouldnt be a problem.

I'll change the hardware.xml as you recommended and report back afterwards (in a week or so.. first a short holliday ;) )

Damn it, I thought I got all the calls removed causing this. :bye:

I've uploaded a hotfix to the membersarea, just download it again.

Sorry about this! ;)

I am a very pleased user with the recording service. I use it on my Windows 2003 server with a FireDTV-T box as a large PVR for my family. It works very well and I am looking forward to the enhancements that you have mentioned in the release notes.

With the latest version that I installed and downloaded yesterday I do see a small glitch in the channel logo handling that was not there in the earlier versions.

It appears if there is a space in the channel name the logo will not be displayed. Please see the picture to show the behaviour. In the picture I've also inserted how the logos are named on disk in my setup. I've tried to make it work with both a space and an underscore in the logo name.

I've attached the JPG to this message.

Other then this version 1.4.4.0 works great for me. I have a popcorn ( and two Tvix boxes ) so I am also experimenting with that new feature.

post-31629-1217842903_thumb.jpg

It appears if there is a space in the channel name the logo will not be displayed.
Also if there is a "+" in name it is not shown. (OSD and EPGPlus shows them alright. )

I wonder what happened there :)

A new hardware.xml sort of solved it.

It now records on both firedtv device in the recording service, however..

When I record 2 show's a the same time it just stops recording after a while, in both DVBViewer and the recordingservice. no problems when recording just 1)

Looking at the svcdebug.log i noticed the remark "FireDTVResetCA The semaphore timeout period has expired", found some references to usb time-outs and networkadapters. Tried most of the suggestions (like reinstalling driver, turning of firewall, etc) but it hasn't helped.

Any suggestions ?

• 2 weeks later...

# Fix: Every DVB-Server for the Popcorn Hour now gets an unique name, so you can have several DVB Servers in the sources display.

Hi Lars,

I'm still a little confused with the turn Popcornhour support, routing the support through the recording service, has made. My questions:

- Can i still use a pc client at the same time as i watch with PH using the same source ?

- How do i organise the above setup with multiple dvb-servers on the same server computer and what are the benefits ?

- Is it necsessary to exit DVBViewer for the recording service to run?

I will like to start with saying Recordingservice is awesome!

Lars_MQ you are doing a excellent work. Thank you!

But I have one problem.

When I record two programs after each other. The last recordning do not work. The file is 0 bytes.

It is when the first program ends at the same minute as the last program begin.

It is the same every time when I should record two programs after each other.

The svcdebug.log in the support.zip is exactly when the problem come up.

I have tried recording with *.ts but still the same.

support.zip

Hi,

Thanx Lars for development of the recording service.

I use it every now and then to stream to my Nokia E71 running Coreplayer.

A question:

When starting streaming-server from web interface it creates a temp-file in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp

This file can get quite big after a couple of hours streaming.

Is there a way to change preferences for this files location? (to another harddrive)

What application creates the file?

/appis

Edited by appis

No, it is not working yet because this will be quite different from the DVBViewer favorites.

You can define favorite lists, each one is like a personal/specialized channellist and you can switch with the press of a button between them. The basics are already in place, but there are some problems to be solved before it will be included... When they are included, you will have no direct access to the channellist anymore (except in the farourite list editor).

There has a problem that when I add a schedule job from 6:25am - 6:33am at 6:27am from web interface, the recording scheduler will be freeze and can't access the web interface, and don't stop after 6:33am. If I stopped the service, the service can't be restart again until I restart the machine.

A question, does the recording service support Unicast device? If so I can't see it in the hardware in the web interface. I have moved my tv card to another computer and use dvb server and now the record does not work. There is no hardware.