Recordingservice Beta

Lars_MQ

Somehow you seem to have an old language file, the display is ok but there are entries missing in the lng file. And because english is the reference language there is of course no fallback to display. Please extract the attached lng file into the language folder in the dvbservice (V1.4.7)/DVBViewer program folder and stop/start the service.

Looks like the recording service isn't seeing the same channel list. I'll investigate.

Make sure the service is installed into the same folder as the currently in use DVBViewer and don't use usermode=1 (in the usermode.ini file in the DVBViewer programm folder). This will never work, because the Service has no knowledge of different user accounts. Best use usermode=2.

My message was actually a cut from another post and I neglected to make it clear that I'm happy with the functioning of the recording service. I just think that it could be more than it currently is.

Yes, I understood it. My reply was not meant in a negative way. :wacko:

I think also it could be a lot more and I working on it. But it is after all a one man project and I'm also heavily involved into the DVBViewer development, the forum and some other small sideprojects here.

So I might not notice some problems or don't see a need to change somethings but as I said, I'm open for improvements. But you (not you personally) have to make my life a little bit easier and suggest a little more than "a little rough around the edges" ;)

OK, I'm rambling now, but I think I made my point :blink:

rc_english.zip

I copied the .lng file into the appropriate folder and it didn't make any difference, sadly.

I've also noticed that the navigation buttons along the top are not always present as shown in the attached images. They are currently present when I view the UI on the server but not on my laptop. The difference is IE6 on the server and IE7 on the laptop. The Configuration page rendering issue affects both.

Activating the recserv plugin did fix the service restarting issue though which is good.

The channel list is still not matching DVBViewer even though they are in the same folder. The INI file contains:

[Mode]

UserMode=2

Root=CMUV\DVBViewer

[Card]

Unicast=1

Multicast=1

Filedevice=0

IPTV=0

post-73203-1230970071_thumb.jpg

post-73203-1230970522_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndrueC

Just open the page via http://192.168.1.1:65535/ don't use direct links.

As for the rest: it seems like a messed up installation. try deinstalling the recording service and on installing it new make sure it does use the correct DVBViewer program folder.

Just open the page via http://192.168.1.1:65535/ don't use direct links.

As for the rest: it seems like a messed up installation. try deinstalling the recording service and on installing it new make sure it does use the correct DVBViewer program folder.

That's the URL I'm using. I just created a shortcut for the home page. Interestingly having just tried it again the button are there now along with the banner along the bottom. It makes it look a lot better, funnily enough. The config page still isn't right though. Most odd.

Edit:Ah ha! Sorta :wacko:

I get the buttons and bottom line if I visit the controller after I've opened this forum. Weird, eh?

Edited by AndrueC

There is no connection at all between the forum and the web interface. :wacko:

It must be some setting of the IE or something like that. I have no clue what the problem might be...

Hi Lars,

Maybe i did not search hard enough but i could not find a lot on the topic:

If i use my tt-3200 with a common interface, cam and canal-digitaal subscription, will the channels i subscribed to be available in the recording service (popcornhour, upnp-AV) ?

I'd like to know before i make the investment. Thanks.

EPG Updater

Hi, I'm still trying to work out exactly how the EPG updaters work so that I can set the recording service up as I'd like it.

As I understand it, there are (for me) two different EPG updaters. There os the one that 'crawls' across all transponders picking up now and next info, placing it in the EPG. Then there is the Freesat EPG updater, which tunes to a specific transponder to download all Freesat channel EPG info.

In the web interface there are two separate EPG sections - EPG Updater Settings and EPG Settings. I had assumed that EPG updater settings referred to the transponder crawler as there is a 'time per transponder' setting in there and that the EPG settings referred to the MHW, or in my case Freesat settings.

Do these settings work totally independently of each other? It's just that when I disabled the 'Use EPG updater' option in the web interface, the Freesat EPG also stopped updating, even though I still had 'receive EPG data' and 'receive MHW EPG data' enabled below.

Also in the configuration program the words are slightly different - under 'Update EPG' the time setting is 'Interval' rather than 'time per transponder' which suggests that it's a slightly different system, although the settings correspond.

So some questions:

Can I stop recording service from crawling across all transponders but keep it updating the Freesat EPG?

What happens with the Freesat EPG update? Say if an EPG update is run on Monday and the next seven days' info are placed in the EPG, what happens on Tuesday? Is the one extra day's listings which have been made available since Monday added to the EPG, or is the whole EPG replaced with the data now available?

Thanks! Just tryign to understand how it all works.

Does the uPNP AV Server stream the TS with DVB Subtitles? If not, could you please add them? (or better, an option to choose if multi audio, txt subs and dvb subs must be streamed just like the recording option)

Thanks in advance.

@uglyned

No there is only one epgupdater. the different epg type are determinated based on the setting from the MHW/Siehfern settings page. The EPG Parsers are tied directly into the hardware class, which means, whenever a channel is tuned (by a timer or by a streaming client) the epg gets processed. Quite elegant I must say o:)

So you can update epg on only one transponder by simply setting up a (daily) timer for a channel on the wanted transponder. And if you activate recordingtype = "tune only" no file is written. Normally a 30 seconds recording should be enough.

@A600

No they are normally not send, but it should be no big problem adding the settings. I'll take a look into it. :)

BTW which UPnP client is capable to process this?

Hi and thanks very much for a great app. I especially like the PHC interface!

now for a small question: (and I have tried to search for an answer but with no success)

- would it be possible to somehow clearly mark/tell you that you try to set a timer that conflicts with another one? I think this is marked with red color in DVBViewer if you use that the timers there. But when I use rec serv. i don't see clearly when I have set conflicting timers.

thank you

/thomas, sweden

No they are normally not send, but it should be no big problem adding the settings. I'll take a look into it. :)

Thanks!

BTW which UPnP client is capable to process this?

XBMC can display DVB Subtitles.

Edited by A600

Thanks for the info Lars, I understand now!

Something wierd is happening! One programme I have in my EPG search is duplicating whenever I do another search, although no others are. I don't do anything to them when they appear, apart from disable them, then the next day another one appears.

Is it because it starts at midnight? I can't think of anything else special about it - screenshot attached.

Whenever a channel is tuned (by a timer or by a streaming client) the epg gets processed. Quite elegant I must say :biggrin:

And who am I to argue?!

Some information you may find useful, in order to make it a bit cleverer, is that Freesat EPG data is also broadcast on many other Freesat transponders, but at a slower rate (every 30 minutes rather than every 30 seconds). This means that the Freesat EPG can update from other transponders although the details are different. Some technical info, which I found on another website and don't fully understand, is -

the BAT and SDT data are available on PID 3841 and the EIT data is on PID 3842.

You may be using this already but I thought I would mention it just in case.

You can insert as much data as you want in the MHW options, so you can add several frequencies which contain the FreeSAT EPG.

Something wierd is happening! One programme I have in my EPG search is duplicating whenever I do another search, although no others are.
Are you using also EPG+ plugin ? At least it has "feature" to make douple recordings according EPG search programming.
Are you using also EPG+ plugin ? At least it has "feature" to make douple recordings according EPG search programming.

Thanks IRa - I've used EPG+ before but I don't use DVBViewer itself all that much so am trying to help test and develop recording service. It's almost there.

On the subject of the UPnP service I just thought I'd report that XBMC detects and connects to it fine but Xbox 360 with the latest dash update doesn't see it at all.

xbox 360 doesn't work. I could make it work, but why? It only plays MS formats, no TS no MPEG (tested it myself) via UPnP. So it's of no use.

I can't replicate your autosearch problem. are they dublicated every time (don't delete the duplicates) or does it stop at some point?

xbox 360 doesn't work. I could make it work, but why? It only plays MS formats, no TS no MPEG (tested it myself) via UPnP. So it's of no use.

I can't replicate your autosearch problem. are they replicated every time (don't delete the duplicates) or does it stop at some point?

Fair enough!

It seems to be every time. Even if I haven't disabled it. I've just tried 3 more times and now have the same programme another 3 times, all of them active (ie green icon not red).

Hasn't happened to any other programmes.

I have the recording service set up for access through my firewall, I can give you remote access if you want to see for yourself.

Hi Lars,

Yes, the IDs are the same. In fact, apart from the ID number at the start, the whole lines are exactly the same.

Can I just ask one more question on the EPG update subject?

I'm now looking at setting up the different transponders in the MHW EPG list so that the EPG can update when those channels are tuned. I've checked the Transponders and the data is indeed broadcast. However, there is no section in the configuration for me to enter PIDs - so does it matter that on every other transponder the EPG is broadcast on different PIDs? Is your software expecting EPG data on PIDs 3002 and 3003? Does it matter that the other transponders broadcast it using different PIDs? Will your software cope with that and still inport the EPG.

Sorry - that's more than one question!

I have installed DVB Recording Service Version: 1.4.7.10

Whenever I right-click on the TrayUtil and select 'Configure', any changes I make are lost immediately.

For example, if I select SiehFernMHW and remove all services, (Mediahighway 1, SiehFern Info, etc), except FreeSAT, then click 'OK', then right-click on the TrayUtil and select 'Configure', all the services I just removed are now back in the SiehFernMHW section.

Any ideas?

john

Hiya, Lars. I still haven't been able to get the recording service to offer the same channel list as DVBViewer. There are two apparent differences and I don't know if it's a different list or just processing the same list differently.

The list displayed in the recording service drop down only has one folder 'BSkyB'. In DVBViewer I have the structure:

My Satellite

BSkyB

Unknown

BSkyB

As noted earlier the contents of the drop-down are still not sorted. I've checked and the recording service is in the same folder (c:\program files\DVBViewer\) as DVBViewer itself.

compare the list in the DVBViewer -> channeleditor with the list in the recording service. The channeleditor shows the real sorting of the channellist.

Also make sure you enable show channels without EPG in the webinterface -> configure.

RE: Freesat EPG on transponders other than 11427

I've tested and it appears that the Recording service doesn't pick up EPG records from other transponders. I added 4 or 5 to the list and then set some auto tune timers for 1 hour in the timer list but nothing was added.

The only differences I'm aware of:

Transponder 11427 transmits at a symbol rate of 27500000 while the other transponders transmit at 22000000

11427 uses PIDs 3002 and 3003 to transmit EPG data - other transponders use PIDs 3841 and 3842

11427 transmits EPG at a faster rate - 30 seconds is enough to generate a full EPG on 11427 but other transponders need 30 minutes to get the full list.

Hope this helps!

PIDs 3002 and 3003 to transmit EPG data - other transponders use PIDs 3841 and 3842

Ah ok, ofcourse they all have to use the same PIDs. So this will not work. Sorry I didn't notice this.

Thanks Lars ... I guess you know what's going to come next ...

If you find yourself looking at that part of the code, and if it's easy to add, could you maybe include this in a future update? It would also be valuable in the DVBViewer application, maybe more so, as it would mean that the EPG would update while watching 'normal' channels like BBC1, ITV. At the moment, in DVBViewer, the EPG will only update by tuning to an obscure or rarely broadcasting channel. It's a bit of a restriction to people with just one tuner.

Should I move this to suggestions?

compare the list in the DVBViewer -> channeleditor with the list in the recording service. The channeleditor shows the real sorting of the channellist.
Ah! Well that isn't sorted. Sorting several hundred channels by hand removing duplicates (assuming I can work out which of the various regional ones I don't want) by dragging nodes in a tree is a nightmare. It becomes ridiculous when the order can be destroyed by performing a channel scan. I've already posted a suggestion for that in the main suggestions forum.

If that's the list that the recording service is using then can we (pretty please :biggrin: ) have the service sort the list? Oh and if you get to chat with whoever is responsible for the Channel Editor perhaps you could ask them to implement sorting as well. If I was writing it I'd have the option to pass every channel list through a sorter.

Ah! Well that isn't sorted. Sorting several hundred channels by hand removing duplicates (assuming I can work out which of the various regional ones I don't want) by dragging nodes in a tree is a nightmare. It becomes ridiculous when the order can be destroyed by performing a channel scan. I've already posted a suggestion for that in the main suggestions forum.
there is a workaround to this. with the program 'Channellist Editor' (available in the customer area), you can create new channellists similar to how you create a favorite list in DVBViewer. you load an existing list (from a scan) on your left and drag channels to your new list on the right.

@Lars_MQ: What XBMC platform are you using? (Windows, Linux, Xbox...) because I only got the stream played with the Xbox version and mplayer. If I use the Windows one or the Xbox with the dvdplayer core, XBMC won't play the stream.

Edited by A600

The current windows version 8.10 'Atlantis'. But it has problems with the dvbsubs. They work for some time and then stop. I checked the streams against vlc and there the subs work without stopping.

The current windows version 8.10 'Atlantis'. But it has problems with the dvbsubs. They work for some time and then stop. I checked the streams against vlc and there the subs work without stopping.

Yes, that version worked. I was using my own compile of the latest SVN so I'll open a ticket on the XBMC trac to report the bug.

I am using Windows XP Professional SP3 logged-in with administrator rights with DVB Recording Service v1.4.7.10 with DVBViewer v4.0.

I have previously used older versions of the recording service and all worked fine but for some reason it is now playing-up. Whenever I right-click on the TrayUtil and select 'Configure', any changes I make are lost immediately.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the RS several times, to no avail, in that this curious problem lives-on.

I haven't yet tried reinstalling both the RS and viewer and starting from scratch as I was hoping to find the answer here.

Could someone please take a look at this and hopefully tell me where I am going wrong?

Thanks.

john

please try the following: stop the service, rename the service.xml in the userdata folder - subfolder \config and start the service. gets the file created? If yes, try the configure app agasin, if not, please check the rights of the folder(s).

please try the following: stop the service, rename the service.xml in the userdata folder - subfolder \config and start the service. gets the file created? If yes, try the configure app agasin, if not, please check the rights of the folder(s).
Hi Lars

Thanks for that.

Interestingly, I have two 'userdata folders'; one at:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DVBViewer

which has sub-folders: database, Images, and Remotes

and another at:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer

which has sub-folders: config, Database, Images, Language, Plugins, Remotes, and Transponders

I have renamed service.xml in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\config as you describe above and restarted the service. A new service.xml is created which then saves the alterations I make to the configuration via the Trayutil.

Thanks for that.

Question: Should I have the two 'userdata folders' I list above.?

john

Well default is ...\CMUV\DVBViewer. You can see in the usermode.ini (DVBViewer program folder) entry "root" which one is the currently used. The other one might be from an previous installation or from whatever :( just check the dates of the files, maybe they give you a clue ;)

Hi, sorry if the following is already known. If there is a solution i sure would like someone to point it out to me:

When the service is shut down there is a problem and the service remains in the 'stopping' state.

This is in XPSP2. Each time when this occurs the following entry in event-viewer is created:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( DVBVRecorder ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Recording service stop.

Eppo