Recordingservice Beta

Lars_MQ

Hi I'm using recording service version 1.4.7.10 and since I installed it Norton Internet Security keeps winging about MH690.A which is some heuaristic virus checking method apparently...

It specifically doesn't like dvbctrl.exe

Any advice (please no wisecracks about Norton)?

Decrease or deactivate the heuristic scan or exclude dvbctrl.exe from scanning in Norton.

False positives are normal by a heuristic scan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antivirus_software#Heuristics

I have done that, however as it's the only file on the whole PC that requires it..... I think my point is I shouldn't have to. Would be interested if it's just my version of Norton or if everyone else running V64 / DVBViewer Recording Service / Norton IS 2009 has the same issue.

PS Keep up the good work on this service. As a long time MythTV user and huge fan of it's architecture I'm pleased with the direction you are going in here....

I test stream server with my firends and it works fine, but now i can see that some clients are still connect to server.

I think they just forget press "Stop VLC stream server", maybe some auto kick feature is good if there is no network traffic anymore?

Edited by janip
I have done that, however as it's the only file on the whole PC that requires it..... I think my point is I shouldn't have to. Would be interested if it's just my version of Norton or if everyone else running V64 / DVBViewer Recording Service / Norton IS 2009 has the same issue.

Hello JonJonS,

I have tested the trialversion of NIS2009 a few days ago. I can confirm that NIS reports that dvbvctrl.exe is an suspicious file (Suspicious.MH690.A). I've just noticed, that today a new version of the dvbservice has been released. Maybe the new version is ok for NIS. I can't test it anymore, because my trialversion of NIS2009 has expired. Maybe you should test the new file.

Bye

Scrape

For my existing timers, the word 'Cable' has appeared where the post record action should be. I think post record action for all my timers is probably 'nothing'. If I change the action to anything else it appears correctly. If I open the timer to edit, make no changes then save it, the 'Cable' word disappears.

This doesn't happen for new timers I create, just ones that were already there. Not a big one!

--------

Also, something that happened in the last beta and this one is this:

I have a recurring daily tune only timer for EPG updates. One day a week or two back it clashed with something I was recording at the same time so correctly appeared in red. However, it has appeared in red every day since, even though every day since it has not clashed with anything.

--------

And one more thing...

Sometimes when I record short 5 or 10 minute programmes, the recording service gives the show the wrong name - the name of the following programme on the channel is saved in the database although the actual .ts filename of the recording is correct. I use the default padding settings - I think it records for 5 minutes before and 10 minutes after the scheduled end of the programme which means for short programmes like this, the padding is longer than the actual programme. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks for all your work.

• 2 weeks later...

Using Rec service .80 - for the first time ever I added an EPG search entry to search all channels. When I'd added it I went straight to the Tasks menu and ran my preset EPG search task. It found some new entries, both on terrestrial and satellite and from the point of the first new entry it found, it changed all my subsequent timer events to green, even the ones I had previously changed to red.

Upgraded from working .76 to .80 DiSEqC no longer seems to work when changing channels (stays on the current satellite) with Skystar 2. It works fine when DVBViewer uses the card directly.

@uglyned

can you reproduce this? I checked it and it worked like expected.

@jf2020

The current Beta of the DVBViewer? They use the same code for this. Did you check if your channels.dat are identical?

Not that, no. But every time I run the search again it creates a duplicate entry for the terrestrial programme that started the problem in the dirst place.

If you have the duplicate and run the search again, do you get another entry (so you end up with three copies of the program)?

Yes. One for every search I do.

I know there's an initial duplication there which can be ignored - ITV4 exists on satellite and terrestrial so I would expect it to show up once for each of those as they are effectively different channels. But the terrestrial one (shows as ITV4 - satellite shows as ITV4(eng)) keeps adding an entry every time I do a search.

The search is to find 'touring car' on all channels. It's my only all channel search.

Screenshot attached.

Please take a look into the svctimers.xml (-> userdata folder -> subfolder \config). are all the ChannelID values of the entries the same?

@jf2020

The current Beta of the DVBViewer? They use the same code for this. Did you check if your channels.dat are identical?

Yes the current beta (.35) beta of DVBViewer. I have only one channel.dat because I'm using the program folder to store the settings (userMode 0), but I have the same behaviour on an other instance of DVBViewer on another computer that has the same channel.dat.

. are all the ChannelID values of the entries the same?

I think so. A couple of examples added.

<Timer Type="1" Enabled="-1" Priority="50" Date="28.03.2009" Start="13:55:00" End="14:45:00" Action="0">

<Descr>World Touring Car...</Descr>

<Options AdjustPAT="-1" DVBSubs="-1" Teletext="-1"/>

<Format>2</Format>

<Folder>Auto</Folder>

<NameScheme>%date_%time_%station_%event</NameScheme>

<Log Enabled="-1" Extended="-1"/>

<Channel ID="1650008225|ITV4"/>

</Timer>

<Timer Type="1" Enabled="-1" Priority="50" Date="28.03.2009" Start="13:55:00" End="14:45:00" Action="0">

<Descr>World Touring Car...</Descr>

<Options AdjustPAT="-1" DVBSubs="-1" Teletext="-1"/>

<Format>2</Format>

<Folder>Auto</Folder>

<NameScheme>%date_%time_%station_%event</NameScheme>

<Log Enabled="-1" Extended="-1"/>

<Channel ID="1650008225|ITV4"/>

have you compared the hardware.xml and the svchardware.xml (in the subfolder\config)?

Yep This is it! I have DiSEqCCount=1 in hardware.xml and DiSeqCCount=0 in svchardware.xml. I have edited svchardware.xml to put 1 for that entry as well and now it works :)

So the only thing I'm sure is that it was working with .76 (but I don't know what was the value for this entry in the svchardware.xml) and that I upgraded to .80 by only extracting the files from the zip in the installation folder.

@uglyned

OK I give up, I can't figure it out without the real data. :)

Would you please mail me your channels.dat, epg.dat and the searches.xml (config subfolder), so I can trace the problem down? ;)

@jf2020

I'll check, why the Diseqcount value was not set in the svchardware.xml. I fear, I might have overlooked something in the service options program...

Thanks! I look at them first thing in the morning tomorrow. Today would do no good after staring this long at the code. :)

I've just installed the latest recordingservice beta, awesome job Lars. I love the fact DVBServer is integrated and the service is now completely seperated out from DVBViewer meaning I can run a client on the same machine, works a treat and is perfect for my needs. (I can now get rid of the little service I wrote to start DVBServer B))

Just a quick question about the timers in the web control. I'm assuming that since their is an EPG Search function I can create a timer that will basically search the EPG for me and add entries straight to the timer for me and be a recurring search (autosearch one maybe?) I'm just unsure about what kind of timer I should use.

e.g. I use EPG+ just now to make sure I have a "series link" kind of effect, what is the equivalent in the web control?

Thanks

Just a quick question about the timers in the web control. I'm assuming that since their is an EPG Search function I can create a timer that will basically search the EPG for me and add entries straight to the timer for me and be a recurring search (autosearch one maybe?) I'm just unsure about what kind of timer I should use.

e.g. I use EPG+ just now to make sure I have a "series link" kind of effect, what is the equivalent in the web control?

1) Go to the Search EPG and enter the name of the programme you wish to create a series-link for

2) Save this as a Search Preset and tick the box for "Add to Auto-Record Search"

3) Repeat step 1 and 2 for as many programmes that you want to record in series-link style

4) Next, go to the Timer page and select "Autosearch Timer" from the drop-down box and click New Timer.

5) Pick a time that you want the Recording Service to search the search presets. This will be a recurring timer, so you might want it to run every day of the week.

For me it is working really well so far.

Edited by CX23882-19

I wish I could give some useful feedback but on the other hand I'm actually happy that I don't have any functionality-related complaints to list here. The Recording Service has been working so great recently and all I have are these very minor interface-related comments:

Programs Page - channel icon missing

This is a very minor bug, but I thought I'd mention it.

When viewing the "Programs" page, the channel logo next to the "Channel section" box is blank. After changing the channel from that box, the logos appear correctly.

There is a similar issue on the "Recordings" page when viewing program details.

Timeline Page - badly scaled background

Again, very minor.

On the "Timeline" page, the area which contains the channel logos uses /gfx/dvbv_header_bg.gif as its background image. This doesn't scale very well (results in a stripy effect). A solid color background looks better.

Edited by CX23882-19
1) Go to the Search EPG and enter the name of the programme you wish to create a series-link for

2) Save this as a Search Preset and tick the box for "Add to Auto-Record Search"

3) Repeat step 1 and 2 for as many programmes that you want to record in series-link style

4) Next, go to the Timer page and select "Autosearch Timer" from the drop-down box and click New Timer.

5) Pick a time that you want the Recording Service to search the search presets. This will be a recurring timer, so you might want it to run every day of the week.

Thanks, worked a treat. :)

Whoa.

So I can _finally_ put EPG+ to rest and have recording service do it's stuff on the background automagically?

I've been intimidated by the beta "recording link from DVBViewer/epg+ is kaput" line in betas since *.10.. Apparently it's not really necessary to use epg+ anymore at all, at least after you have recording service working properly.

I'll have to take a look ..

Can I suggest a little UI update in the web control.

After the DST change last night all my timers where 1 hour out, they didn't auto-update. I couldn't find a way of deleting them all at once, I had to manually delete them 1 by 1. If we could have a little checkbox next to the timers we could select which ones to delete and this would have saved time. Even a "delete all" button would have been useful.

I tried the "delete selected Recordings" button in the EPG Search but that only deleted my autosearch settings, all the timers remained. Is that a bug? I'm not sure if it is only meant to delete the autosearch setting or all the timers in the autosearch.

I believe that some broadcasters send a "corrected" time before the DST change, but I could be wrong.

For example, if a program runs from 08:00 to 08:30 every day of the week:

- when you look at the EPG data BEFORE the change, these programmes before run from 08:00 to 08:30 and programmes after appear to run from 07:00 to 07:30

- when you look at the EPG data AFTER the change, these programmes all run from 08:00 to 08:30

This results in a duplicated timer, or a missed timer in case of manual timer settings.

I don't know if DVBViewer tries to correct DST data, or if the broadcasters are sending an incorrect time as above, but this has always been a problem for me and I suspect it's the broadcasters at fault. They seem to assume times based upon nobody changing their PVR's clocks, which becomes an issue with PCs (and probably more intelligent PVRs) because the time is updated automatically.

Right now I have two sets of timers - correct ones which were auto-set this morning, and ones an hour earlier which were set yesterday.

If I was a litle smarter I would have set my autosearch timer to be performed at 3am this morning rather than midnight, but we live and learn. ;)

When I got up I changed my autosearch timer to run straight away and it brought through all the correct timers but with duplicates from an hour before. This is to be expected as the web control doesn't know anything about DST and to it they look like different timers (I wouldn't expect the timer function to validate each existing timer is still valid as it is a very uncommon occurance).

So I think the "simple" fix is to set the autosearch timer to run at 3am, and give the user an option to mass delete timers without destroying their autosearch presets. A checkbox in the table header to indicate all timers and a checkbox in each table row to select individual timers would do the job.

Also since I'm quite a lazy user :) I would like a button that ran my autsearch timer there and then for me rather than me having to go into the timer settings and change it to the current time, save it, let it run then change the timer back. I'd image that is fairly easy, just a new button that calls the autosearch run function.

As a software developer by profession I hate users sometimes as well. :D

hmm, I think I've run into another configuration problem.

I've setup a new shared folder just to be sure and turned off all passwords.

I configured the recorder setting to point to the new folder and moved all my recording in there. I refreshed the web control recordings and all the recordings came through as expected.

I then ran DVBViewer (latest beta) on a client machine and set it up to use the recordingservice. Everything went fine and the recordings on the client DVBViewer got populated but they were pointing to a local folder (c:\recordedtv) not the folder on the server (\\myserver\recordedtv). On the client DVBViewer when I double click a recording to view it, it just disappears from the list BUT it also disappears from the recordingservice list as well when I check the web control. The actual file is still physically on the drive though. I clicked each recording int the DVBViewer client until all were gone. I checked the recordingservice and they were all gone from there as well.

In the recordingservice I clicked "refresh db" and all my recording came back. The DVBViewer client refreshed as well but once again I can't actually play any of them.

So, have I missed out a step somewhere or is this a bug? Recordingservice is 1.4.7.80 and DVBViewer is 4.0.1.35.

Obviously the DVBViewer on the server works fine. I don't think it's a permissions issue as I've removed all passwords.

Bah, sorry my bad, I'm being an idiot. I need to point the recordingservice at the network share directory, not the local directory. I stupidly thought the recordingservice would notice the path was a local one and change it to the network shared one but since you can call your network share anything you like it would have no way of mapping it.

Think today is one of my dumb days. :D

Hi all,

I'd like to ask some questions about webservice.

I'm using recording service 1.4.7.90 (beta) and i'm trying to access the web interface using a pocketpc windows mobile 6.1 and its pocket internet explorer. This browser seems doesn't support the javascript functions extensively used by service's pages: java script:record('timer_new.html?aktion=timer_new&silent=1&time=39905,9253472222&channel=0','yes'); or java script:popup('epg_details.html?aktion=epg_details&time=39905,9253472222&channel=0');

This way seems to be impossible to record from epg or look to program details.

Other issue: using standard web interface (not mobile) with internet explorer 6 on windows xp function "new recording timer" (without epg, new button from timers page) is not visible the channel selection combo box (see hardcopy).

Thanks and compliments for the good work.

post-22127-1238703338_thumb.jpg

Edited by feucar

The second issue can be cured by using the corrected html template from here.

The first issue: did you try the mobile (http://yourIP/mobile/) part? I know this needs also reworking but I'm having nor the time neither the resource (an actual device) to do it at the moment. So anyone who feels the need and has the knowlegde to work on this is welcome ;)

The second issue can be cured by using the corrected html template from here.

The first issue: did you try the mobile (http://yourIP/mobile/) part? I know this needs also reworking but I'm having nor the time neither the resource (an actual device) to do it at the moment. So anyone who feels the need and has the knowlegde to work on this is welcome B)

Thanks for reply.

Second issue: I'll try.

First issue: yes I'm, trying with the "http://yourIP/mobile" part. I've understood your message ;)

Thanks for reply.

Second issue: I'll try.

First issue: yes I'm, trying with the "http://yourIP/mobile" part. I've understood your message ;)

http://yourIP/mobil is right.

Small bug. If i timer superbike (13:00-13:45) and supersport (14:15-15:00) race with epg auto search and set both record 60min more time to end, then i will get one superbike timer.

Edited by janip

Uhm, what? Sorry but I don't understand your post.

Maybe I should call it a day and read it again tomorrow morning. ;)