Record Button In Live Tv

charlieram

I Know I've asked a similar question before but would this appeal to you? when record is pressed during live TV can we have the option to record timeslots ie. 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins, 30mins, 1hour or current program (check epg for remaining time on current program) and have it toggle through all options with a 5 second time delay), you could even include a stop record too :rolleyes: and if you really don't want to use the record button what about the red teletext button.

How many people would it take to ask before an idea gets implemented or is it truelly as you say 'not a democrazy' ?

Good idea, I agree, but with a change, we do it with 1 minute steps and 20 seconds wait time, cause there are users who want differnet times or aren't as fast pressing the buttons.

Good idea, I agree, but with a change, we do it with 1 minute steps and 20 seconds wait time, cause there are users who want differnet times or aren't as fast pressing the buttons.

What about 5 second steps with half hour wait just to cover all bases?!?!

seriously though, Do you not think that it could be useful? the times given are only an example,

I really like your software compared to the rest for numerous reasons but this is the thorn for me, Maybe if i'd had an option to try the software before I bought it i may not have been so pushy but i just expected (may be naive of me) a feature like that to be standard

Oh I exspect a feature like: I press record because i want to manually record something till I stop it (or it reaches the pin the options predefined time) and not play a selection marathon. :rolleyes:

if you want your instant timer to stop at a certain time, simply adjust it in the recordingwindow.

if you want your instant timer to stop at a certain time, simply adjust it in the recordingwindow.

have tried that then my lad says i wanted that and this recording, god dad it's not fair

anyway your customer support skills are lacking a certain something :rolleyes:

so why not implement the above feature into the record button? eh?

Edited by charlieram

There was a script for this some time ago.

Check the search function:

startrec.vbs

CODE

sub main(ID)

dim timeritem,helper

if instant = true then

helper = osd.showpopup("Instant.Rec","30min,60min,90min,120min,150min,180min,210min,240min",True)

helper = helper +1

set timeritem = timermanager.item(ID)

timeritem.endtime = dateadd("n",helper*30,now)

end if

end sub

(Copyright by admi-ral)

Edited by uglyrooster

many thanks mate but i did a search for scripts and also startrec.vbs and the only two posts i found are this one and another where you told another user the same, I will have another search but can you point me in the right direction?

Where do i put the code? I made a new startrec.vbs and pasted in code, enabled scripts but all i get when i press record is a blank messagebox with yes/no ,do i need to put the code in the existing startrec.vbs and if so, Where?

• 8 months later...
.. when record is pressed during live TV can we have the option to record timeslots ie. 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins, 30mins, 1hour or current program (check epg for remaining time on current program)

I also need something like this.

Sometimes when recording and watching at the same time, I have to leave my home.

Would be great if I could right click and select to record for the next 15,30,60,120 minutes or something - while I record.

Otherwise I will have to keep recording for HOURS until I return.

Regards

Peter_P8n

Edited by Peter_P8n

What's so wrong / hard about changing the timer, that DVBViewer creats as soon as you start a recording using that red button? Just type in some end time and the recording Stops.

What's so wrong / hard about changing the timer, that DVBViewer creats as soon as you start a recording using that red button? Just type in some end time and the recording Stops.

Ohhh! I didnt notice it creates a timer!

I like it!

Yeah I guess I can use that.

(Its _almost_ as good as my suggestion) ;)

Thx!

Edited by Peter_P8n