Goto Satellite In Osd

mr_chaela

Can we have a (Goto) Satellite command in the OSD, with a separate channel lists for each sat (and of course a favourites list for each sat), perhaps with the ability to change in settings/options the default behaviour of the command to either 1. Last channel displayed, 2. Favourites list (for that sat) or 3. Channel list (for that sat). The Goto list comprising only of satellites that have been tuned but with options to include terrestrial, cable etc.

Such an implementation would be useful for people with multiple cards, ie. sat, terrestrial and cable as well as those with dish motors, and would give the program a usability on par with a combined sat, terrestrial and cable receiver.

At present I have separate folders in the favourites menu for each sat + another for terrestrial, a workable solution, but a bit of a dogs dinner to navigate.

• 2 months later...
I think this will be for the users as confusing as it was for me reading your post. :unsure:

Lars, whilst I appreciate that English is probably your second language, judging from your posts you seem to have mastered it quite well. This observation, plus the fact that a modicum of intellect and logical thinking is necessary to enable one to be a successful programmer makes me wonder how you managed to become so confused about my request. Had you read it properly I am sure that you would have found that it not only makes sense but would be a great enhancement to the program.

With regard to your comment that it would confuse the end user, I fail to understand why. For those that have a single card, multi lnb or non-motorized system it would be something they have no need to concern themselves about. However those, like myself who have a motorized system, would immediately see the benefits and understand.

I cannot help but feel that the Diseqc 1.2 implementation within DVBViewer has been done begrudgingly and that the authors of the program feel it to be a waste of time. I do not understand why, card manufacturers are now waking up to the fact that the consumer wants it, the number of posts on this forum shows the increasing interest. All I am asking for is that DVBViewer has the same (or similar) facilities for a motorized system as does a stand-alone receiver, which the program is designed to replace.

I look forward to your comments. :bye::)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Lars,

I also have a motorized system with Diseq1.2 support. It works fine with a satellite receiver; but

I have not found any dvb-program working correctly with Diseq1.2! The only one is progdvb (only native dvb-driver); but this

dvb-program is so instable, that I do not like it.

In the new version of DVBViewer (>3.6) I found an implementation of Diseq in the scan-dialog,

where to put a raw Diseq command for each tv-station.

I tried to add a raw Diseq command, but it has no effect.

I have a technotrend usb device (S-2400). This uses BDA-driver from technotrend to connect with DVBViewer.

I believe, that BDA-driver does not support Diseq commands, isn't it?

But in future, I think, that BDA-driver may be extended or is already extended for Diseq support. :-)

There is no support of native driver of technotrend of DVBViewer?

All the best

Chris

AFAIK DVBViewer Pro uses a special TechnoTrend interface (ttapi.dll) for the DiSEqC 1.2 and CI stuff as BDA extension. So if (and only if) your device and the driver supports DiSEqC 1.2, it should work. Did you install the additional TechnoTrend support (ttapi.dll) with DVBViewer Pro?

AFAIK DVBViewer Pro uses a special TechnoTrend interface (ttapi.dll) for the DiSEqC 1.2 and CI stuff as BDA extension. So if (and only if) your device and the driver supports DiSEqC 1.2, it should work. Did you install the additional TechnoTrend support (ttapi.dll) with DVBViewer Pro?

Hello Griga,

ok, there is the ttapi.dll in the main directory; but I also use the new TechnoTrend interface ttBdaDrvApi_dll.dll, which is used by the plugin ttremote.dll for

using the original TechnoTrend remote control.

Yes the device S2400 (connected by USB 2.0) supports Diseqc 1.2 standard with native TechnoTrend driver (I tried this - and it works), but it seems that special TechnoTrend interface (ttapi.dll or ttBdaDrvApi_dll.dll) does not.

I also tried the new beta version 3.6.4.25. There I found an extended dialog, where I can select the device in a combobox (bda-device) and there are some buttons to move dish continuesly or some steps left or right. But non of this buttons has any effect on the

motor.

Thank you

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hello DVBViewer-fans,

I tested new version of DVBViewer (3.8) and I find it very well done.

But one feature, I still miss in the DVBViewer: steering the antenne with

a Diseqc 1.2-compatible motor. I use BDA-driver from Technotrend with

USB-conncted Hardware (S-2400). I found the dialog for driving the antenne,

but non of the buttons make the motor move. See the attached picture.

Has somebody tried to move an antenne with motor using BDA-driver from

Technotrend?

Thank's in advance

Chris

post-39778-1187016357_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I see that thread was high jacked from original request to motor / 1.2 issues. I support mr_chaela's request here. I have a motorized setup and I find it really difficult to use the channel list, which is in current version of DVBViewer. I do not want to use a mouse to select the channels either.

To make the request more clear, channel list should be displayed as follows.

Satellite A- channel 1 to 66

Satellite B- channel 67-91

Satellite C- Channel 92-125

Satellite D- Channel 126- 273

So when you select Satellitet- only channel 1 to 66 (or whatever channels are stored for that satellite) are selectable. This helps in two ways,

1) You do not have to fiddle with a long list of channels

2) More importantly, if you press channel up/down and if the cahnnel selected is on differnet satellite, motor starts moving, which was unwanted.

Additionally, separate list to show Radio / TV will be more ideal. (I have not spent more time though, but I think it is not available)

• 1 month later...
Hello DVBViewer-fans,

I tested new version of DVBViewer (3.8) and I find it very well done.

But one feature, I still miss in the DVBViewer: steering the antenne with

a Diseqc 1.2-compatible motor. I use BDA-driver from Technotrend with

USB-conncted Hardware (S-2400). I found the dialog for driving the antenne,

but non of the buttons make the motor move. See the attached picture.

Has somebody tried to move an antenne with motor using BDA-driver from

Technotrend?

Thank's in advance

Chris

Hey Chris!

I'Ve got TT-Connect S-2400 too. But as far as I know, it does not support Diseqc 1.2 only 1.0.

Sadly I only got a Diseqc 1.2 Motor thus I have not been able to move the Motor with S-2400.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• 1 month later...

Hello Elv1s,

I know the latest driver (1.0.7.9 - maybe older versions also work fine) from TT is able to move an antenne

using diseqc 1.2 commands with usb hardware S2400. Normally BDA-driver does not support this functionality; it is an

special add-on from TT. The only problem is, that DVBViewer (3.9.1.0) does not support the special add-on functions from

TT with usb hardware S2400. I think, in near future (maybe chrismas 2007 ), DVBViewer will be able to move motor dishes with this

hardware also.

All the best

Chris

• 3 months later...
Hello Elv1s,

I know the latest driver (1.0.7.9 - maybe older versions also work fine) from TT is able to move an antenne

using diseqc 1.2 commands with usb hardware S2400. Normally BDA-driver does not support this functionality; it is an

special add-on from TT. The only problem is, that DVBViewer (3.9.1.0) does not support the special add-on functions from

TT with usb hardware S2400. I think, in near future (maybe chrismas 2007 ), DVBViewer will be able to move motor dishes with this

hardware also.

All the best

Chris

Hey Chris That sounds Cool.

Can you explain with what software you managed to move Diseqc 1.2 Hardware?

I have the latest BDA Driver installed but never managed to move my Diseqc 1.2 Motor with it.

Hello Elv1s,

the problem is, that DVBViewer seems not supporting the S2400 hardware with diseq 1.2 in any released version,

but WatchTVProEx does! But only 1 time it can move the dish. Then you have to restart.

The viewer itself is very unstable and therefore I do not use it any more.

Maybe the new Version 3 of WatchTVProEX ist better?

But I hope - knowing that it is possible moving a dish with S2400 and BDA - that programmers

of DVBViewer, will integrate this feature in near future.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Hi DVBViewer developer's,

now I found out, that new free standard version 5.14.8 of progdvb is able to move

a diseqc 1.2 motor driven antenna by using BDA DVB-S driver. This is working

both with Technotrend S2400 and Pinnacle PCTV400e USB2 boxes.

Are there any reasons, why DVBViewer is not able to do the same?

Is it planned to implement this feature also in DVBViewer?

Thank you

Chris