Display simple text - is possible?

Hi

Its possible to display simple text line (without header and boxes - just simply test) in fixed position on screen with COM interface????

I cant find method like this.

Regards

You can use the ShowInfointvpic for showing messages with a timeout. Do you mean something like this?

Hi, i tested this method, but is not this for im looking. ShowInfointvpic display frame, and also i cant change position of text.

Let me explain what i need.

I write new plugin to display subtitles for satelite program from external files (not DVB Subtitles). I already have my plugin, but he use external transparent form (on top) to display subtitles, its working, but when i initial plugin focus is set to my form not DVBViewer. So i thing maybe is method to display text line on fixed position with DVBViewer COM infterface and i no more need to create own form to display line text.

I hope so now you know what im looking.

Regards

I think you should be able to give the focus back to the DVBViewer app manually.. maybe you have to search the window, but it should be possible to give back the focus.

There is no easy way to do what you want. You need to write a OSD-Plugin, generate a osdlabel on the fly, place it and use the overlayed renderlayer (the same layer the DVBViewer internal subtitles use.

I know it sounds complicated, in fact it's quite simple, which language do you use?

Thanks for reply. I write my plugin in Delphi.

Its sound interesing to write OSDPlugin. Can you litle bit explain this.

Moses: i try this but without sucess, i have handle to DVBViewer, i can send key to DVBViewer like VK_DOWN, so i can change channel ;) but i can set focus back to DVBViewer.

Here is my sample code:

winhandle := FindWindow(nil, 'DVBViewer');
   if winhandle = 0 then .................
   else
       begin
         SetForegroundWindow(winhandle);
         SetActiveWindow(winhandle);
         PostMessage(winhandle, WM_ACTIVATE, 0, 0);
//          winprocs.setfocus(winhandle);

• 1 year later...
generate a osdlabel on the fly, place it and use the overlayed renderlayer (the same layer the DVBViewer internal subtitles use.

Hi Lars. I am interested in subtitles output too. I write plug-in for on-line subtitles translation. Сould you give a delphi example of use the overlayed renderlayer implementation? Unfortunately could not find anything similar in the published source codes.

• 2 weeks later...

People help!!!!!!!!! Or tell how to show a OSDwindow without reduction of the videowindow. When I try to create a transparent OSDwindow (or same like ShowInfo), the videowindow decreases.

I make it by function: WindowManager.NewWindow(WINDOW_ID, 'myprograms.xml', self, 0, '', '', '', PLUG_NAME, '', '', '', 0, true, punk);