Error 80004002

miika.

I recently bought DVBViewer. I installed it and it found all the channels correctly. When I started

to watch, it plays the sound but I can't see any video. It gives only an error code "80004002".

I've tried to install ffdshow codecs but it didn't work.

Do you need more?

Yes, please read carefully the post linked above and post the file created with the Supporttool...

• 10 months later...

I too am getting this same error message. Namely,

"Cannot render Mediafile/Output Pin Error 0x80004002. No such interface supported."

Radio stations do not report any error

Interestingly, prior to installing DVBViewer, I had tried the TransEdit Tool on its own and this had worked fine, including correctly showing a preview of the channels.

support.zip

well you need some decoders. ffmepg isn't really usefull for dvb. Your dvb-card should come with decoders, so install the software of your dvb-card and you have usefull decoders.

well you need some decoders. ffmepg isn't really usefull for dvb. Your dvb-card should come with decoders, so install the software of your dvb-card and you have usefull decoders.

I've installed the basic drivers for the dvb-card but can't see where within DVBViewer, I change the settings I setup on first install e.g. decoders etc. Can I do this after the event or do I need to re-install?

No additional decoders are visible. Where can I see installed decoders within Vista x64?

How come the card worked correctly with just the TransEdit tool, but now doesn't, if something as fundamental as the decoder was missing?

The main reason I bought DVBViewer was that bit had worked so smoothly and showed channels without complicated tweaking. Now it seems this also requires it!

Ok, I have managed to download an update from the Pinnacle website, which seems to have added some decoders (although their own TV tuner is still no good).

Thanks very much for your help!

the card does work. You can do a channelscan right?

Yes the channel scan works and all appears to be fine. Only slight quirk is that there is an intermittent flicker/distortion on all channels. Have flipped between the (now) available decoders but this doesn't seem to have any effect. Any thoughts?