I'd like to see...

Simon82

Hello

There are channel that in some moment of the day are crypted.. I hate the latency that DVBViewer get to understand that the channel is not possibile to be seen. It remain black using a lot of cpu usage and at the end it return with the same black screen. I'd like to see immediatly that the channel is not present to be show. ;)

Thanx a lot

Fulvio

Guest Oliver

Is "fast channel switching" activated? Here I have no delay "tuning" an encrypted channel. I've just tested it: From RTL to an encrypted channel without audio and video and back in just about two seconds.

Bye, Oliver

Is "fast channel switching" activated? Here I have no delay "tuning" an encrypted channel. I've just tested it: From RTL to an encrypted channel without audio and video and back in just about two seconds.

Bye, Oliver

I think is switched on.. when I set Italia 1 (for example) at evening when it's encrypted, he get 7-8 seconds or more to give me the possibility to switch another channel.. ;)

Do you use Marfi's renderer or the Skystar 4.2x? With the latter one something like that could happen.

Bye, Oliver

I use Skystar 4.2x.. because his video quality is a lot better than Marfi. ;)

Guest Oliver
I use Skystar 4.2x.. because his video quality is a lot better than Marfi.

I'm sorry? There is no difference, since Marfi's "renderer" is in fact just a source-filter like the SkyStar 4.2x (renderer is a misleading term and will probably be replaced in future releases). The quality is dependant on the MPG2-decoder solely. Maybe you're using a different decoder with Marfi's source-filter.

Bye, Oliver

And 2 ideas... for Marfi Filters Directshow I'd like to know a button to add/force the use of a selected directshow filter, not only the presets there are and that are not forced to use. Sometimes you set one and it use another.. ;)

I use Skystar 4.2x.. because his video quality is a lot better than Marfi.

I'm sorry? There is no difference, since Marfi's "renderer" is in fact just a source-filter like the SkyStar 4.2x (renderer is a misleading term and will probably be replaced in future releases). The quality is dependant on the MPG2-decoder solely. Maybe you're using a different decoder with Marfi's source-filter.

Bye, Oliver

I'd like to be implemented the ATI MPEG2 Decoder acceleration... with hardware motion compensation e IDCT.. ;):lol::(

And some video filter like "noise removal".. something like that to improve quality. B)

Guest Oliver
And some video filter like "noise removal".. something like that to improve quality.

Such a filter already exists: The ffdshow-filter. link. You must activate "raw video" for use with the DVBViewer. You can read more about it here in the forum (search function).

I'd like to be implemented the ATI MPEG2 Decoder acceleration... with hardware motion compensation e IDCT..

As far as I know that's a modified Cyberlink decoder. You should be able to use the hardware acceleration (but that has nothing to do with the DVBViewer).

Bye, Oliver

And the way to use a certainly decoder filters that is not on the list that show DVBViewer, do it exist? B)

For example.. if I want to use the Cinemaster directshow filter, how can I set it? I'd like to see a button that could add the filter to the list I see under Marfi Directshow filter.. :lol:

Guest Oliver
For example.. if I want to use the Cinemaster directshow filter, how can I set it?

That's easy. You have to put in the CLSID of the decoder, for example {212DC710-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C} for the nVidia-decoder.

Bye, Oliver

For example.. if I want to use the Cinemaster directshow filter, how can I set it?

That's easy. You have to put in the CLSID of the decoder, for example {212DC710-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C} for the nVidia-decoder.

Bye, Oliver

Arghhh.. but I don't see that string in the list that appear... I don't see in a "configurable string" to insert the CLSID..

Guest Oliver

No, of course not. You can find the string with GraphEdit. Goto "Graph" select "Insert Filters", then "DirectShow filters". There look for the desired filter and left-click it. Then the information including the CLSID is displayed. This value must be put into the field in the DVBViewer.

Bye, Oliver

No, of course not. You can find the string with GraphEdit. Goto "Graph" select "Insert Filters", then "DirectShow filters". There look for the desired filter and left-click it. Then the information including the CLSID is displayed. This value must be put into the field in the DVBViewer.

Bye, Oliver

Thanx a lot.. B)

The CLSID must be paste directly on a field inside that Video/Audio menu? or there's just one that can be "overwrited" (for example Nvidia decoder that become Cinemaster decoder).

In terms of quality usind WM9 renderer can I have a improvement in video? I've seen it takes 10% of cpu usage.. :lol:

A parts the trasparency.. :D

Guest Oliver

Well, you can mark an entry and paste the new value over it. You can also first delete the field and than paste or type in the CLSID-value.

Usually the VMR-mode needs more CPU-time than the overlay-mode. The picture quality should be identical, although the overall motion is a bit softer. Only with VMR you can use the "real" transparency mode for OSD messages.

Bye, Oliver

Well, you can mark an entry and paste the new value over it. You can also first delete the field and than paste or type in the CLSID-value.

Usually the VMR-mode needs more CPU-time than the overlay-mode. The picture quality should be identical, although the overall motion is a bit softer. Only with VMR you can use the "real" transparency mode for OSD messages.

Bye, Oliver

Understood.. B)

And the Automatically Video Detecting setting, how should be used?

Guest Oliver

I have it enabled, though I've never noticed a difference when disabled. But "audio auto detection" should be disabled, otherwise you'll have a still picture. B)

Bye, Oliver

I have it enabled, though I've never noticed a difference when disabled. But "audio auto detection" should be disabled, otherwise you'll have a still picture. :D

Bye, Oliver

Thanx. B)

Many questions soon.. :lol: