.ts to DVD

Dinsdale

Hi

I want to make a DVD, that can be used on stand-alone DVD-players, from my recordings made by DVBViewer.

I have searched the internet, but all the solutions I find seems to be rather complicated!

Do any of You have experience and recommendations for this?

It don't need to be freeware, but I would at least want a trial period to see if I can get it to work.

there are some people that seem to like "VideoReDo", I think it should do, what you want...

Other people are using nero, but I don't know which components you'll need to edit the recodrings.

Hello,

yes, VideoReDo is very simple.

You can export into VOB, MPG or for authoring DVDs its better MPV. Then you get a video and a separate audio file.

This two files can made with IfoEdit to a DVD structure and that you can burn with Nero as Video-DVD.

;)

I use the following applications:

-> ProjectX to demux audio/video and to "repair" the stream

-> Cuttermaran to cut out commercials a.s.o.

(-> QuEnc to recode video if it does not fit onto a DVD5)

-> IfoEdit to create IFO and VOB files

-> ImgBurn to finally burn the files onto DVD

All those tools are freeware.

There is a 30 day trial for VideoReDo, I will give that program a chance as I don't want to use 4-5 diff. programs.

Would it be better to save the recording in another format (mpg2)?

Womble is the best one-stop option IMO, better than Videoredo , but more expensive. However, it also does not support subtitles.

My personal preference:

ProjectX to demux. (Free software)

GUI for DVDAuthor to remux and author DVD. (Free)

Burn with Nero Recode. I use the Remake DVD option for cutting out ads. (Not free, but may be part of your DVD burner package)

This method will extract teletext/closed captions and preserve as subtitles in the finished DVD. I also polish up the subtitles with Subtitle Workshop. (Free)