Net stream plugin problem wifi

my config its DVBViewer on vista conected by cable to wifi router wl-500w (802.11n) macbook pro connected to rotuter by wifi (802.11n) with vlc player

when i use multicast its start working but picture on vlc player freze and network start have problems !!! unicast not work for me dont know why.... any help plz

The router is the cause he can't handle the multicast stuff obviously, try setting up unicast. You have to configure your firewalls accordingly and set up the ips correctly.

The router is the cause he can't handle the multicast stuff obviously, try setting up unicast. You have to configure your firewalls accordingly and set up the ips correctly.

plz can you help me how to setup unicast and firewall (pc with DVBViewer its ip 192.168.1.5 ) (macbook with vlc player its ip 192.168.1.2) wifi router 192.168.1.1 thnx m

just setup DVBViewer to use the right interface (that would be 0.0.0.0 for all interfaces or 192.168.1.5 for only lan) and remember the port (default is 2345 if I remember correctly). If you have a firewall installed on the PC configure it to allow DVBViewer to open that port.

On the macbook start VLC player, press crtl+n (open networkstream), select RSTP and type in: rtsp://192.168.1.5:2345 (if 2345 is the correct port)... if you have a firewall installed on the macbook configure it to let VLC connect to the network.

(I hope that is correct, was not able to test it right now... but should work like that)

Edited by Moses