HD from Australia ;)

Program Number: 1 Globecast Australia HD
Descriptor: Maximum Bitrate Descriptor
Maximum bitrate: 4784200 bytes per second
Descriptor: Smoothing Buffer Descriptor
SB Leak Rate: 625 SB Size: 1024
Descriptor: System Clock Descriptor
External Clock Reference: 0 Clock Accuracy Integer: 2 Exponent: 1

Stream Type: 0x02 MPEG-2 Video PID 308 (0x0134)
MPEG Video: Bitrate 35.898 Mbps Resolution 1920 x 1080i
MPEG Video: Framerate 25 fps Aspect Ratio 16:9 Chroma Format 4:2:2
Descriptor: Data Stream Alignment Descriptor
Alignment type: video access unit

Stream Type: 0x04 MPEG-2 Audio PID 256 (0x0100)
MPEG1 Audio: Bitrate 384 Kbps Sample Rate 48 KHz
MPEG1 Audio: Layer II Mode Stereo
Descriptor: ISO639 Language Descriptor
Language: eng
Audio type: undefined

Unfortunly i only can get from 7 west to the 28,2 east... ;) I do only have a multifeed not a "moving dish" with a motor.

Does 36MB/s from Australia look better then 10-20MB/s as we get it here in Europe? Can you get me a little peace of record to see it myself if it's better...?

Edited by MarSch2

The high rate is partially caused by the 4:2:2 chroma format which is normally used for feeds. Whether the quality is much better is difficult to judge cos there's only a limited number of 4:2:2_capable_mpeg2_decoders. I only know elecard/mainconcept for directshow and the vlc. Because of the high rate, I won't upload samples.

Hello Was the Pro7 sound in HD also like

little twinkiy winkie in a drum?

Say the SD Sound was unbeliveable flaw and shitty.

Especially from Hamburg, but also from other places.

Edited by bergh
Hi,

I read that Pro7 hd only transmitted an upsampled SD-Signal.

Where did you read that?

that's correct....

Whats correct? That you read that, too?

The live HD_world_feed in 1080i mpeg2 came from 45E (almost 24h uninterrupted transmission :blush: ). This feed was in 4:2:0 and was already edited. Raw feeds in 1080i 4:2:2 came from Tokyo, Sidney, Shanghai, Hamburg and New Jersey via 43W. Additionally the BBC had an own feed on 24,5W. I guess they'll soon show their recordings. But I've got plenty on my HD. Have to buy 500gig more :)

Raw feeds in 1080i 4:2:2 came from Tokyo, Sidney, Shanghai, Hamburg and New Jersey via 43W.

Have to buy 500gig more :)

Very very nice :-)

I have recorded from Pro7HD. The 4h second Part is 21GB. From the first part in the evening i have recorderd only some clips. Bandwith was about 9Mbit as usual in Pro7HD and SAT.1HD.

That was definitly not upsampled SD.

I didn´t remember "very" bad sound. Ok, some "live"-acts weren´t as good as one would expect. But that´s a problem of the voice itself.

I will have a look on the sound quality this evening when i´m @home.

Edited by azeman

@Derrick

Do U have Katie Melua in HD from the Hamburg concert? She was send only in SD by N24 (1 song) not on Pro7 HD.

I recorded BBC HD on 28,2 east my own but i can play back the recordings any longer, even if the live stream was good to watch, how does that come? I can play back Pro7 HD and other HD material very good.

Edited by MarSch2
The high rate is partially caused by the 4:2:2 chroma format which is normally used for feeds. Whether the quality is much better is difficult to judge cos there's only a limited number of 4:2:2_capable_mpeg2_decoders. I only know elecard/mainconcept for directshow and the vlc. Because of the high rate, I won't upload samples.

It was actually wery low bitrate for a HDTV feed. In proffesional broadcasting at least 50-60Mbit/s MPEG2 4:2:2 is used for HD feeds.

BBC's production guidelines classify even HD feeds with bitrates less than 60Mbit/s as standard definition. From what I have heard the

decoding/reencoding generationloss is far greater (more visible) in HDTV than with SDTV.

The HD feeds for World Cup Football in Germany 2006 was 57Mbit/s MPEG2 video 4:2:2.

I think MPEG2 4:2:2 1920x1080i 50Hz 4:2:2 contributionlinks can use up to 90Mbit/s.

In proffesional broadcasting at least 50-60Mbit/s MPEG2 4:2:2 is used for HD feeds.

..maybe via fiber but not via sat or can you name a feed ?

..maybe via fiber but not via sat or can you name a feed ?

The 90Mbit/s is likely to be fiber because DVB-S2 normally is limited to 85Mbit/s at 30MS/s.

50-60Mbit/s is no problem with DVB-S2.

For World Cup Germany 2006 feeds DVB-S2 was used on 7-east.

The World Cup 2006 feeds on 7-east used :

Video 1080i/50 56217 kbits/s

Modulation DVB-S2, 8PSK

FEC 3/4

Symbolrate 27.7456 Ms/s

audio 1 (stereo) 384 kbits/s

audio 2 (Dolby E) 2304 kbits/s

Most of the HD feeds for Live Earth used symbolrate 28MS/s. If DVB-S2, 8PSK 3/4 had been used

with SR=28MS/s there would have been room for 62.38Mbit/s on the feeds.

Edited by Bobben