Webserver for DVBViewer Pro

It's not only good for web streaming to anonymous people. I use the webserver to watch TV on my laptop over WLAN. This is not possible with the DVB Server because of the high data stream. The Webserver encodes the stream and I can watch over WLAN without stutter and breaks.

It even works accessing the stream on your LAN with the public IP address. But purely on your LAN you can get

an optimal bitrate running. Although, I have had HDTV streaming via the DVB Server over the wireless LAN. From personal experience WLANs perform poorly when the devices have old drivers/firmware or the drivers are never updated. intel devices tend to perform very well and always have up to date drivers, Linksys are also quite reliable especially the ones sold in bundles work together seamlessly. But once you have a working network I wouldn't upgrade to the latest model for the sake of it. Getting a reliable WLAN can sometimes be like winning the lottery.

I wonder how good the HTTP server would work if the streams where encoded in MPEG-4? I guess it would need a considerable amount of processing power on the host.

It's not only good for web streaming to anonymous people. I use the webserver to watch TV on my laptop over WLAN. This is not possible with the DVB Server because of the high data stream. The Webserver encodes the stream and I can watch over WLAN without stutter and breaks.
Edited by kardzali
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive installed the release version of webserver and registred the ASFstreaming component.

The webserver serves up pages ok, but when I stream using WMV8, the resulting video is unviewable (horizontal striped effect) in media player activex control or VLC player. It did work once or twice but I cant tell whats wrong - anyone got any ideas?

As an alternative I can use netstreaming in DBVViewer with VLC to transcode and VLC to playback on another client. Id rather get the Webserver working properly as its a much cleaner solution.

Ive installed the release version of webserver and registred the ASFstreaming component.

The webserver serves up pages ok, but when I stream using WMV8, the resulting video is unviewable (horizontal striped effect) in media player activex control or VLC player. It did work once or twice but I cant tell whats wrong - anyone got any ideas?

As an alternative I can use netstreaming in DBVViewer with VLC to transcode and VLC to playback on another client. Id rather get the Webserver working properly as its a much cleaner solution.

By trial and error I managed to get the streaming working. Once I set the video decoder choice in the streaming config page to a specific decoder (the Hauppauge one), I was able to get the streaming working ok. Previously it was set to Auto and the specific choices I have are {MainConcept MPEG Video Decoder, Ulead MPEG Decoder, Ulead DVD Video Decoder 2 and InterVideo NonCSS Video Decoder for Hauppauge}. I dont understand why each of these decoders work normally with DVBViewer, but that only the last one works with the Webserver.

Guest Lars_MQ
I dont understand why each of these decoders work normally with DVBViewer, but that only the last one works with the Webserver.

Only MS knows >_< We only use the MS (asf)components.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Does a solution exist to disable the authentication phase for the client connection to the server ?

It could be a good option :blink:

I need it.

I gonna use the server via a web client in a set-top-box. It'll be difficult to enter login and password via set-top-box remote :bounce:

BR,

Jim

A new Release of the Webserver for DVBViewer Pro in the Membersarea.

Changes since the last Release:

-----

- Setting the password to empty disables the password check. Use at your own risk!

Good Job !

My set top Box project can continue ;-)

BR,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have problem with streaming configuration. Works fine but i cant see anything with browser when i choose streaming configuration tab, how to fix that? Need change paths or something?

post-36530-1179256637_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jezze