A simple EPG guide?

Hi all,

I have just recently invested in a Technotrend Budget S2=3200 Satelite card for my HTPC tpgether with DVBViewer.

So fat so good, having installed said software aned can access sky free to view channels.

However I would like to be able to use teh EPG to record programmes. But I cannot make sense of the EPG systems that seem to exist for DVBViewer.

Can anyone please enlighten me on how it is best to maintain a useful, coherent EPG system to allow me to record programmes as and whn I wish to?

Any suggestions or links to guides most appreciated.

what exactly do you whish to do?

There are different tools, that tune all channels and update the EPG Data, for example the EPG Manager or an vbs script.

You can try EPG Plus that allows to define key words and search the whole EPG Data for this words and record the shows and so on...

what exactly do you whish to do?

There are different tools, that tune all channels and update the EPG Data, for example the EPG Manager or an vbs script.

You can try EPG Plus that allows to define key words and search the whole EPG Data for this words and record the shows and so on...

Simply configure the epg in order taht i can set recordings days i n advance if i so desire.

so far, ny expereince with the various EPG for this software seem rahter hap hazard, whic h is a pity. I guess when work and life allows I need to spend further time researching this.

It is a pity the EPG isnt as simple to perates as teh MCE EPG

Ohwell..

Any advice links suggestions most appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Adrian

just watch every channel from that you want to have EPG Data for about 30 Seconds and you will have all EPG Data that is send with that channel... if there still is none, then the channel doesn't send EPG Data... there are some ways to import external EPG Data, but I don't really know them.