Girder Plugin with DVBV 3.8.0.0

Lars_MQ

The Girder Plugin for the DVBViewer Pro 3.8.0.0 needs an update, otherwise you get problems on closing the Viewer.

Simply download the update from this thread and extract the DVBViewer.vbs into the girder\plugins folder.

• 1 month later...
The Girder Plugin for the DVBViewer Pro 3.8.0.0 needs an update, otherwise you get problems on closing the Viewer.

Simply download the update from this thread and extract the DVBViewer.vbs into the girder\plugins folder.

I'm not sure if it's allowed to post problems here or under a new topic.

DVBViewer 3.8.0.0 is running fine, i'm using girder 3.29b end the dvbgirder1.01 DVBViewer data.

Remote control works except the shutting down.

After copying this .vbs file to c:\program files\girder\plugins and a reboot: still no shutdown from remote.

If I use the keyboard so ESC then in the menu exit, then the computer shuts down properly.

COM plugin is also installed but I doub' taht it causes cullprit , meaning, just affect the shutdown issue.

support.zip is useless in this case, no?

support.zip is not useless. it's the only way for me to see, if the error is still generated in the DVBViewer.log.

I will post a support.zip when i'm at home.

What I ment was:

All IR codes work within DVBViewer so remote is working well.

The DVBViewer.gml contains the on/off button under the section Others/shutdown.

Version 3.6.1.20 had no problem to shut down with the remote.

I'm using the USBUIRT and this unit is so sensitive that it acts on the pulses of PL light.

I started to learn the IR codes and was suprised to see that the IR command was received without pressing a remote button.

Had to turn off PL lights to learn the remote keys.

As expected: support.zip file is indeed useless in this case.

No info found in support.zip

Perhaps DVBViewer should use a agressive shutdown.

• 2 weeks later...
DVBViewer 3.9 did not solve the shutdown problem.
I've started from scratch with DVBViewer 3.6.1.20 and no problem to shut down.

Installed DVBViewer over 3.6.1.20 and no shutrdown anymore, even with this update above.

Re-installed windows and started from scratch , installed 3.9.0.0 and again, no shut down.

I still doubt that it's a DVBViewer error but it's weird.

• 3 years later...

You are using an old Girder, use v5.xx, or:

Eventghost( free),advanced users, HIP program, IR Server Suite, LM Remote Key Map, Intelliremote( 25$)- this one is noob proof.

Edited by bogdan1980