Compatibility of recorded Files with Virtual Dub

gmorky

Hi,

my english is terrible, i know, so don't tell me!

I use to convert my recorded films to avi (DIVX). And i have seen a lot of terrible recordformats the last yeares.

Would`t it be great to have a mpg1 (combined video+audio) output file from the DVBViewer, that can be used in Virtual Dub without any Problems?

If this is not possible, please anybody, tell me, wich tool can I use to convert the current crazy outputformat direktly into avi?!

And please don't tell me anything about using three different tools in a row. I did that for yeares.

Please make Gmorky happy :D:):rolleyes:

Thank's

Guest hackbart

hi, well virtualdub does not like mpeg2 (and never liked it before). If you want to convert the mpegs to divx you should either use gordian knot or FlaskMpeg (i use the last one, which works really fine).

You could load the .m2v file with DVD2AVI, save it as a DVD2AVI project and create an AVSynth script that opens that file. AVSynth scripts (.avs files) can be read by Virtualdub as if they were AVI files. Works beautifully here :D

You could load the .m2v file with DVD2AVI, save it as a DVD2AVI project and create an AVSynth  script that opens that file. AVSynth scripts (.avs files) can be read by Virtualdub as if they were AVI files. Works beautifully here  :)

Thank's for your help!!!

Going to try all out.

But i have no Idea how to write this synchscript.

If it works fine could you send it to me ?

MFG

gmorky :D

You can even use DVD2AVI to save in avi (divx) and than mux the 2 files generated by DVD2AVI with NAVDUB

It's me again.

If I try to convert the DVBViewer Outputfile with flaskmpeg, there is terrible sound in the Audio!!! After using PVAstrumento, the sound is gone, but the audio is jittering.

So what can i do???

Where can I find NAVDUB or did you mean NANDUB?

MFG

gmorky :D

hi, well virtualdub does not like mpeg2 (and never liked it before). If you want to convert the mpegs to divx you should either use gordian knot or FlaskMpeg (i use the last one, which works really fine).

Hi chris,

can you tell me why I can only here a terrible sound (picture is good) after using flaskmpeg for converting in DIVX?

MFG

gmorky

Hi Gmorky, this is the little AVS script. Of course you need AvSynth installed to run it (you can find more info at www.doom9.org)

---start---

LoadPlugin ("C:\Program Files\dvd2svcd\MPEG2Dec\MPEG2DEC2.dll")

LoadPlugin ("C:\Program Files\AviSynth2\plugins\Decomb.dll")

mpeg2source("C:\democlip.d2v")

audio = WAVSource("C:\democlip.wav")

audio2=DelayAudio(audio,0.1)

audio3=ResampleAudio(audio2, 44100)

AudioDub(audio3)

---end---

In order to use this script you must capture the audio and video files separately.

- Load the *.m2v video file in DVD2AVI and save it as project (e.g. "democlip.d2v")

- Decode the MP2 audio file to WAV. I use the lame encoder with this syntax to do that: lame --decode source.mp2 democlip.wav

Finally load the AVS script with Windows Media Player (the good old WMP 6.4 is the best) and check that the audio and video are synchronized. If they're out of synch, adjust the "DelayAudio" value in the script above (in this example it's set to delay the audio track by 1/10 sec.) and try again until you are satisfied with the result. After that you can load the AVS script with Virtualdub and recompress both the audio and the video using whatever codec you want.

Bye,

Nomax