DVB-S2 Card - AzureWave AD-SP400

SamAlone

You should really have some kind of trial period on the program, if its good people will buy it for sure.

Anyway i want to be 99% sure that it should work if i buy this product, i will do it tomorow if i get a

good response, as i want to be able to view DVB-S2 HD channels with it.

I have tried Progdvb and DVBDream, MyTheatre and all the rest, but i dont think they work any good

with this card, and im pretty sick of troubleshooting issues all the time now.

But i think its worth a shot with this program as long as i know this card i have is supposed to be

compatible with DVBViewer... and that if someone here of you tech´s tried it for real and not some

guessing..

So please help me decide..

Regards

Sammie

AFAIK the AzureWave AD-SP400 is a re-labeled Twinhan Mantis DVB-S2 1041. At least DVBViewer identifies it as Twinhan Mantis, as you can see here

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=143201

and the Twinhan card works well with DVBViewer, including CI support. One of the DVBViewer Pro developers (Lars) owns it and seems to be quite happy with it. Maybe he can tell you more...

You can try scanning with a TransEdit test version (some functions are disabled). More about TransEdit in the manual. If TransEdit works, you can be sure that DVBViewer does. However, this test version will not recognize the AzureWave as DVB-S2 device. So you will have to go to Settings -> Hardware and tick the "DVB-S2 device" checkbox manually.

AFAIK the AzureWave AD-SP400 is a re-labeled Twinhan Mantis DVB-S2 1041. At least DVBViewer identifies it as Twinhan Mantis, as you can see here

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=143201

and the Twinhan card works well with DVBViewer, including CI support. One of the DVBViewer Pro developers (Lars) owns it and seems to be quite happy with it. Maybe he can tell you more...

You can try scanning with a TransEdit test version (some functions are disabled). More about TransEdit in the manual. If TransEdit works, you can be sure that DVBViewer does. However, this test version will not recognize the AzureWave as DVB-S2 device. So you will have to go to Settings -> Hardware and tick the "DVB-S2 device" checkbox manually.

Thx it works great to se the free channels, but i cannot test the HD channels but i can atleast scan them

and get them in the list..

I got a bluescreen and a suddenly reboot when trying to watch between the channels, not sure if its

codec issue or what , could a codec cause bluescreen ? im using vista anyway, perhaps its the Nvidia

Pure video Decoder, as i can se it appears as a icon when i watch tv.

I will probably buy this product today, any suggestions on what codec pack i need ? so i will be able to watch

the HD channels and the regular, i will do a clean install and start fresh i think, as i mixed

so much with codecs.

Edited by SamAlone

Vista is a bit problematic, especialy with HD channels... I'd recomend you try XP, if it's available for you in any way...

For HD there are currently not that much codecs which really work good. Cyberlink seems to be the most performant Decoder and has the best hardware acceleration support. Currently it has some issues, when decoding in software. Mainconcept/Elecard is said to produce the best picture and said to work good in XP, too. But it's only working in Software mode and needs muuuuuch CPU Power. :)

Then ther is CoreAVC, which is a pure Software decoder. It's said to have some issues with live H.264 streams, at least with some german one's. And I think there should be an Intervideo H.264 Decoder, too. But one doesn't read that much about it... it seems a bit tricky to use, because DVBViewer doesn't list it as H.264 Decoder, but it's possible.

Personaly I am using Cyberlink Decoder with some hardware acceleration with a 7950 Geforce. Full hardware acceleration (DXVA2) won't work in vista + DVBViewer Pro, because it's only possible using EVR and DVBViewer doesn't support it. I don't know about DXVA1.

Vista is a bit problematic, especialy with HD channels... I'd recomend you try XP, if it's available for you in any way...

For HD there are currently not that much codecs which really work good. Cyberlink seems to be the most performant Decoder and has the best hardware acceleration support. Currently it has some issues, when decoding in software. Mainconcept/Elecard is said to produce the best picture and said to work good in XP, too. But it's only working in Software mode and needs muuuuuch CPU Power. :)

Then ther is CoreAVC, which is a pure Software decoder. It's said to have some issues with live H.264 streams, at least with some german one's. And I think there should be an Intervideo H.264 Decoder, too. But one doesn't read that much about it... it seems a bit tricky to use, because DVBViewer doesn't list it as H.264 Decoder, but it's possible.

Personaly I am using Cyberlink Decoder with some hardware acceleration with a 7950 Geforce. Full hardware acceleration (DXVA2) won't work in vista + DVBViewer Pro, because it's only possible using EVR and DVBViewer doesn't support it. I don't know about DXVA1.

Im using the Cyberlink H.264 Decoder for HD channel with mpeg2 stream, and it works great in Vista ;)

I was more curious about the DVB-S2 hd channels, i will do some further testing later today.

Also i use the regular Cyberlink to all other channels, and it doesnt use the whole screen, the only one that

does that is the nvidia one, not sure why tough..

the last thing could be the Nvidia VRM Bug. DVBViewer has a fix for that (which introduces some other minor problems with OSD) or you can use overlay mixer which doesn't suffer from that bug... the latest ATI boards have this bug, too.

the last thing could be the Nvidia VRM Bug. DVBViewer has a fix for that (which introduces some other minor problems with OSD) or you can use overlay mixer which doesn't suffer from that bug... the latest ATI boards have this bug, too.

Okey, i have started a clean install with windows xp now, it didnt work to well with HD tv and Vista,

my cpu load was aprox 70-90% with a dualcore opteron processor, so i will try with XP now and see.

And yes i have unchecked to use only 1 cpu, so its really consuming.

Edited by SamAlone