Start Fresh, What codec packs ?

SamAlone

Im doing a clean install today with Vista 32bit

I want to be able to view DVB-S2 HD channels and the regular DVB-S mpeg2 HD channels

What codec pack is the best , dont want to download and install a bounce of them, then i guess

i get alot of other issues with it.

So any help here would be prusiated.

Thx again !

Ps : Alot of questions now to start with, hope u guys bare with me :)

the only realy working H.264 decoders for live tv are the cyberlink decoder and the mainconcept/elecard AVC Plugin. Both have their pro's and con's.

CoreAVC 1.5 could work also... some people had artifacts with live tv, but that doesn't seem to happen on all channels.

Edited by Moses
the only realy working H.264 decoders for live tv are the cyberlink decoder and the mainconcept/elecard AVC Plugin. Both have their pro's and con's.

CoreAVC 1.5 could work also... some people had artifacts with live tv, but that doesn't seem to happen on all channels.

with cyberlink i get bsod in xp, and with coreavc i get a bit lagy picture, elecard i tried but couldnt choose it in settings by some weird reason ?

• 2 weeks later...
with cyberlink i get bsod in xp, and with coreavc i get a bit lagy picture, elecard i tried but couldnt choose it in settings by some weird reason ?

You told before that you where using vista32.

Cyberlink powerdvd works fine under XP, is among one of the best mpeg decoders.

Post support.zip.

Edited by Benarty
the elecard decoder needs to be registered manually.

Im running Vista 32bit again, i will try HD channels soon again, havent had time to troubleshoot

anything further, also im using FFdshow now, will get back with further results, thanks for any respons given to now.

In case im gona try the elecard codec, how do i manually register it ? regsvr32 /?

Edited by SamAlone
Im running Vista 32bit again, i will try HD channels soon again, havent had time to troubleshoot

anything further, also im using FFdshow now, will get back with further results, thanks for any respons given to now.

In case im gona try the elecard codec, how do i manually register it ? regsvr32 /?

Hey tried a bit more now, i would also say that the cyberlink decoder works the best, but not good,

the same decoder works awsome with a regular HD clip with mpc.

Is the DVBViewer consuming that much cpu power besides the decoder ?

Is there some tweaks that i missed, or is it this bad ?

I have a Opteron dual core cpu 3200+ , optimized to 2,2ghz / core.

;(

Edited by SamAlone

no, it just has some trouble with live-tv. Try to pause a few secondes (activating timeshift) and you should get a fluent picture in DVBViewer as well.

no, it just has some trouble with live-tv. Try to pause a few secondes (activating timeshift) and you should get a fluent picture in DVBViewer as well.

Hey i tried that now, but still the same issue, the channel im testing with is SVT-HD and Canal+HD,

still choppy playback, or slowmotion feeling sometimes.

;( doesnt feel like this gona work