Technotrend S2-3650 HDTV-S2 USB+CI

Imbalanced Zero

• 1 month later...
We're waiting for the new API from Technotrend. They're working on it, but it may take some weeks... Then we'll integrate it.

any news from technotrend ?...

how can "we" (technotrend buyers) help ?

regards

Patience folks :-)

At least with DVBViewer you can watch BBC HD for hours, as I did last night watching the "The Best of Glastonbury 2007" stuff.

There is no other software, as far as I know, which works just fine out from the box. Absolutely NO problems.

I am using the Technotrend S2-3650 HDTV-S2 USB+CI since one week with DVBViewer, the best software ever!

Hansi

FYI, it is only a matter of days now until a new TT-API will be available. This API will be sent to DVBViewer and Sceneo staff. Others will have to explicitly contact TechnoTrend in case of interest.

This would be nice. My guess, the changes can't so big, so it should take me minutes to incooperate it into the viewer. :jawdrop:

great news !...

so hard to wait for testing this :)

happpy coding (and ready for testing)...

regards

Yepp. I'll just wait for a confirmation that it is ok to upload the dll here (or somewhere else) so our users can test it.

I own a 3650 CI with a cam that works with official card and matrix cam (tested with technotrend application).

I can test it if you want :)

all is ready for now with the last driver in a dell with windows xp pro sp2.

just a pm or an email.

I made a pleasure to check :jawdrop:

regards...

Edited by djdul

Just done a first test. Works alright with a S2-3200.

With S2-3650 it is now possible to enter CI menu, but channels are not being decrypted unfortunately.

(I have also played with different parameters like 'Stop Stream while tuning', 'New tuning method' and the like, but only the S2-3200 decrypts. At least CI menu is already working :jawdrop: )

I will now try a different set of drivers...

OK, finally got it working, funny however, it is more kind of a coincidence...

After each time you power cycle your PC you have to start the TT-MC before the DVBViewer in order to get decryption working. It most likely sets some registers on hardware and afterwards decryption also works within DVBViewer :jawdrop: .

Edited by CiNcH

OK, correction... only the channel you previously set within TT-Media Center works in DVBViewer afterwards. Somethings wrong here...

Edited by CiNcH

Sorry Lars for not being too cooperative in the past few days concerning the new API, but I had my diploma yesterday, so...

I have also checked the new API 1.0.1.8 with VistaTV and switching to crypted channel is also causing problems there with the S2-3650.

No problem. We know what is causing the problems and we exspect it may take a few weeks till TT has corrected this.

christian also reported some stability issues with the device (BSOD).

Well yes, those issues appear while debugging and should not cause problems with users anyway. I think it will take a few weeks till the sdk will work like it should, till then you have to watch the fta channels instead :unsure: Anyway the hardware itself (especially the case) is really nice and well manufactured :blink:

Christian

Well yes, those issues appear while debugging and should not cause problems with users anyway. I think it will take a few weeks till the sdk will work like it should, till then you have to watch the fta channels instead :P Anyway the hardware itself (especially the case) is really nice and well manufactured :wacko:

for now, no decryption with the last Goto last DVBViewer version 3.9.0.0 ?

works great with fta channel...

hope technotrend will, soon, release the final BDA API for the cam.

:blush:

No the 3.9 does not work with the 3650 (at least the CI stuff). It's all up to TT now. As soon as we have a working(! :P) support dll we will make it available to you.

• 5 weeks later...
No the 3.9 does not work with the 3650 (at least the CI stuff). It's all up to TT now. As soon as we have a working(! :idiot:) support dll we will make it available to you.

Any news from technotrend ?

Any news from technotrend ?

Concerning this matter you would have to put some preassure on TechnoTrend. I am pretty sure that if Lars had information on this matter he would let us know, so there is no point in asking here...

TechnoTrend currently has too many projects but too little ressources. So everything takes a bit longer :idiot: .

• 2 weeks later...

Okay tada :) I got a new sdk yesterday which works like charm here. Anyway if you test you should keep in mind that this library is beta. If you recognize problems (i mean real one which are reproduceable) feel free to post them here. Keep in mind for this we would need to know which driver version you are using as well as the support.zip. And please do not nag with those dumb questions like "i hear sound, but i dont see any image" in this thread.

Christian

ttBdaDrvApi_Dll.zip

what a great news !

works like a charm for first tests.

Menu cam ok with matrixcam.

Fast decodding and recording.

have just a small hang at quit when NVIDIA FIX is enabled (on a non NVIDIA card).

Using 3.9 with 2.9.1 filter.

will test more this with my HTPC. ;-)

THANKS...

New API now tested under XP with...

... TT-budget S2-3200 (PCI drv 5.0.0.6): CI + remote working

... TT-connect S2-3600 (USB drv 1.0.2.11): remote working

... TT-connect S2-3650 (USB drv 1.0.2.11): CI + remote working

:)

My guess there is a MS runtime dll missing or a wrong version.

Please keep in mind we are not responsible for the techotrend dll and it is a beta dll. We are not able to provide any direct support with problems cause by this dll but we will report these things to the responsible persons at TT.

Did a new XP SP2 install with PWDVDUltra and Powerstrip on my 3.4Ghz Dualcore i955x chipset with Ati HD2600XT with CCC July07.Installed TT Driver 1.0.2.11 for the S2 3650Ci.Then installed DVBViewer 3.9.0.0 and paste the new ttbdaDrvApi dll into the DVBViewer Mainfolder.

Versioninfo: DVB 3.9.0.0 , DvbSource V2.9.0.0 (beta) , ttbdaDvrApi V1.0.1.11.

Free to Air are working but i can't accsess Cam Menu and the crypted channels don't work.

When i add TT Mediacenter the decrypted channels opens without problem with the TT Mediacenter,so the Cam and Smartcard should be fine.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

support.zip

Edited by Kart