ATI Radeon HD 2400 and H.264

db_no

I have DVBViewer 3.8.0.0 and a ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT with drivers from 13. august 2007.

When i try to watch e.x. Canal Film HD (H.264) i only get about 10fps when using the PCM H264 codec. When i use the ATI AVIVO H.264 codec i get nothing... Just a black screen.

Can aybody tell me how to get h.264 channels to work with full framerate?

(I see that this is discussed in German, but unfortunately i don't speak german)

you need the cyberlink H.264 Decoder in the absolut newest version (Means you have to install PowerDVD Ultra with the newest patches) and enable DXVA in the settings in DVBViewer Views->Filter->Cyberlink H.264.

With the 2400 it's possible, that you also need some registry hacks, because ATI disabled H.264 acceleration for it in the drivers.. but I'm not really sure how they are. Maybe you'll find them in the web using google. :blush:

Edited by Moses
Nach DXVA_Only24FPS1080H264 suchen und auf 0 stellen.

Translation:

Search (the registry) for DXVA_Only24FPS1080H264 and set it's value to 0.

Translation:

Search (the registry) for DXVA_Only24FPS1080H264 and set it's value to 0.

If you use the new Catalyst 7.8, don't wondering, the registrykey would be deleted from ATI/AMD. With the new 7.8 driver, i don't have hardware acceleration by H.264 compressed HD streams .

I have a ATI HD 2400 Pro

Edited by Daikon
you need the cyberlink H.264 Decoder in the absolut newest version (Means you have to install PowerDVD Ultra with the newest patches) and enable DXVA in the settings in DVBViewer Views->Filter->Cyberlink H.264.

With the 2400 it's possible, that you also need some registry hacks, because ATI disabled H.264 acceleration for it in the drivers.. but I'm not really sure how they are. Maybe you'll find them in the web using google. ;)

I found the new patch for PowerDVD and voila - it worked. Thanks.

If you use the new Catalyst 7.8, don't wondering, the registrykey would be deleted from ATI/AMD. With the new 7.8 driver, i don't have hardware acceleration by H.264 compressed HD streams .

7.8 changed the key names, it's now something like vforce24FPS1080H264, and it's not in the default registry install. However, like a lot of ATI registry settings, not existing can easily mean it's actually set to on.