Hauppauge Remote

I am trying to get an Hauppauge remote to work with DVBViewer 3.8.0.0

I read an article that the driver for TT should also work for Hauppauge. I installed the TT driver but it did not apperat under input plugins.

Can someone please help me? What is the best way to get an Hauppauge remote to work in DVBViewer?

I read an article that the driver for TT should also work for Hauppauge. I installed the TT driver but it did not apperat under input plugins.

Can someone please help me? What is the best way to get an Hauppauge remote to work in DVBViewer?

I found the solution http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...art=#entry83516

• 11 months later...

I wrote an English translation from a German post with has downloadable preconfigured remote.ini and NOVA HD s2 remote file here:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...rt=#entry206520

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I wrote an English translation from a German post with has downloadable preconfigured remote.ini and NOVA HD s2 remote file here:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...rt=#entry206520

Hi, just started with DVBViewer and the Nova S2 card.

I have tried to follow your instructions but the Nova_s2.remote renamed file presents itself as a "configuration file" and not the same as "Remote Files" as found in the DVBViewer remotes folder. Therefore, when i try to load or import it through DVBViewer, the file does not appear as a file that can be selected.

What can i do to make this file appear as a dvdviewer "remote file" instead of a config file.

I am using the latest DVBViewer release 3.9.4.0.

This is not a put-down of the DVBViewer remote control implementation but personally I use EventGhost as my interface between remote controls and PC programmes. It works just fine with the Hauppauge remote and DVBV. It also works directly with just about any other remote and can be made to control just about any programme. Most of the common ones already have plug-ins available.

I found it very easy to configure once I understood the way it works.

Oh, and it's free. :lol:

This is not a put-down of the DVBViewer remote control implementation but personally I use EventGhost as my interface between remote controls and PC programmes. It works just fine with the Hauppauge remote and DVBV. It also works directly with just about any other remote and can be made to control just about any programme. Most of the common ones already have plug-ins available.

I found it very easy to configure once I understood the way it works.

Oh, and it's free. :lol:

Thanks, I'll look into that, sounds interesting. Does that mean i can configure the hauppage remote for DVBViewer, and have some way of switching it so that when i watch a bluray disc, I can use the remote with Power DVD 8 Ultra or is it "tied" to a particular software unless re-configured.

Does that mean i can configure the hauppage remote for DVBViewer, and have some way of switching it so that when i watch a bluray disc, I can use the remote with Power DVD 8 Ultra

That's right. You just need to allocate an unused button to the command which tells EventGhost to switch to another control set.

That's right. You just need to allocate an unused button to the command which tells EventGhost to switch to another control set.

Thanks for the advice Frogster. I now have the latest beta of E/Ghost and am learning how to control DVBViewer and Power DVD 8. The wiki guide isn't very clear though. I wondered if you could help a little please.

I have installed the Hauuapge remote plugin, the DVBViewer plugin and the P/DVD plugin.

I have the TV button opening DVD-V and have several remote actions set-up to navigate within the program. - Yeah!!! success!!

Now then, How do i get the commands to control p/dvd aswell. If i Assign a "spare" button to open P/DVD does that disable the DVB-V folder in the EG tree so that the new keypress commands I allocate under P/DVD folder now control just P/DVD once it is open???

What's all this about exceptions and switch mode pluggins?? Do i need to take that route??

I was thinking at first i might need to set-up buttons to emulate keystrokes in order to enable me to navigate my windows start menu and choose a program to start from the list, but then I guess i would not have keys assigned to specific programs. I think that is barking up the wrong tree.

Im trying to understand the ideal logic of setting EG up so I can move forward without having to take two steps back by learining from experiance of others.

:bye:

p.s PM me your advice if you like..

Edited by byngo

Ok, Forget the request, I got it sussed out with trial and error.

Now I can use the remote to switch my display between monitor and 32"LCD, open either DVBViewer or Power DVD and navigate both.

I think DVB V and eventghost make great partners for a home theatre set-up that includes a PC.