Latest version 3.8.0.0 unstable

miro111hrzg

Today I installed newest DVBViewer version 3.8.0.0. but unfortunately looks like I will have to unninstall it because of serious crashing.

I have Cinergy Terratec HT PCI tv card and it worked OK with older versions of DVBViewer, now it crashes while watching HDTV programmes.

Are you planning to better support that card with DVBViewer?

Signal display is also incorrect - that was problem on the previous versions too.

It says signal is 50% when cable is unplugged.Ofcourse it gotta be zero.

Also, I don't understand why shortcut key for DVBViewer exit is not defined automaticly in installation and almost all other important shortcuts are??

that makes problems when we have all commands defined in remote control software, except exit.

we must specialy every time after formatting windows set that shotcut manually.

I have Cinergy Terratec HT PCI tv card and it worked OK with older versions of DVBViewer, now it crashes while watching HDTV programmes.

That's most probably a problem with your H.264 Decoder. Try to set the same decoders in Options->DirectX as in 3.6 and select the same Options in the Optionpages of that decoders (View->Filter, while playback is active).

Signal display is also incorrect - that was problem on the previous versions too.

It says signal is 50% when cable is unplugged.Ofcourse it gotta be zero.

DVBViewer just shows, what the driver tells him. It's a common problem that many drivers have... ;)

Anyway, don't take the signal strength display to serious... if you want to know if the signal is good, have a look at the discontinuties counter in view->filter->dvb source. If it stay's 0 while playback, everything is fine. :wacko:

Also, I don't understand why shortcut key for DVBViewer exit is not defined automaticly in installation and almost all other important shortcuts are??

that makes problems when we have all commands defined in remote control software, except exit.

we must specialy every time after formatting windows set that shotcut manually.

You can easily back up your DVBViewersettings... you can even export just the key settings and back them up to import them later..

personaly I have added maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany shortcuts... so what? Do I cry? No, I back them up and am happy that everything can be configured so easy. ;)

I will accept your explanation about signal rate, but I am shure that crashing on HDTV programmes is not because of H264 Cyberlink decoder.It's a quality decoder and all options inside are same as before, I didn't change it.

I used the same decoder in dvbdream, and in older versions of DVBViewer like I said, and always was stable.

I am aware that can't view HDTV on Pentium4 2,4ghz because it's not enough high, but there was never crashing.

I hope that problem will soon be fixed by betatesters, until then I will stay on DVBViewer 3.6.1.20 .

PC hardware configuration is in my signature , I hope those info's are enough since the tutorial on the link provided up is for technisat version and I use purchased pro.

If we should find the reason why 3.8.0.0 is unstable on your PC you have to Post the support.zip from 3.8.0.0.

Otherwise we could not help. :(

First you could try with 3.8.0.0 is renaming the Plugin folder. To make sure that the problem is not caused by a Plugin.

I will repaeat my problem, software is unstable on HDTV programmes, I am using Cyberlink video/SP decoder (PDVD7) decoder version.

I always use cyberlink video decoders because I have best picture with them.

Can you please rename your plugin folder in order to test?

Christian

ok, rename from "plugins" to what ??

Edited by miro111hrzg