FloppyDTV S2 scanning DVB-S2?

boborg

The DVB-S2 scanning works with the special FireDTvView which comes with the card. I cannot however scan any channels on DVB-S2 transponders using latest DVBViewer or transedit. Just wanted to check that it's because it's not yet supported rather than me doing something wrong.

Edited by boborg

maybe DVBViewer doesn't recognize the card as DVB-S2 device. Have a look in hardware settings and try to switch DVB-S2 to on... but I'm not sure if dvb-s2 is supported for fireDTV, yet... maybe you'll have to wait for the next release.

We build in the support for the dvb-s2 firedtv. unfortunatly I removed part of it by accident in the release. :blush: So tuning will not work correctly... But a fix is on the way.

• 4 weeks later...

I have already got one, and it's working pretty well, except for firmware problems concerning special functions like LNB voltage off and hardware PID filtering. Don't use them until there is a firmware update :radscorpion:

except for firmware problems concerning special functions like LNB voltage off and hardware PID filtering.

..could you explain? Does this mean that the design of the DVB-S2 card is still more or less the same as the well known fire/floppydtv_DVB-S card and has the same bottleneck concerning high bitrates? Then people should think twice before buying cos the rates of dvb-s2 multiplexes are generally higher..

Does this mean that the design of the DVB-S2 card is still more or less the same

I don't know exactly, but I don't think so. The design is Conexant based, like the Hauppauge S2 cards, at least the S2 part. Firmware and driver are different, and the hardware looks different (no antenna out, no mechanical relais). SR 28500 in S2 mode is no problem here. Obviously they've tried to add some of the FireDTV-S capabilities to the new design (LNB off, HW filtering), but it doesn't work yet. See my internal report and here.

SR 28500 in S2 mode is no problem here.

You're referring to the KD-transponders on 23,5E, right? These are QPSK, 9/10 with a resulting muxrate of 51 mbps. But 8psk could be a different story. I have problems with my pinnacle on certain trasnponders. Here I've written something about blind scan with Transedt :radscorpion:

btw. the SS2 with STV0299 is the only device I have, that can demodulate very high symbol rates (45000kbaud). Reception only with hardware filters of course :)

I have already got one, and it's working pretty well, except for firmware problems concerning special functions like LNB voltage off and hardware PID filtering. Don't use them until there is a firmware update :jawdrop:

Thanks Griga ... food for though.

Quick question: Two of these then, or two TT 3200s?