TransEdit Discussion

@Griga

I´ve sent u 2 PMs last night. 1 about the tuning spaces, the other about Transedit v2.3.3.

Transedit v2.3.3 doesn´t find many channels when scanning. When i scan on Astra1 (19.2°E), it only finds 32-38 channels. I´ve tried all DiSEqC Settings and all tuning spaces.

Btw. this are the Tuning Spaces i´ve installed:

1. Internal

2. Showshifter-DVB-S

3. Mediaportal DVB-S

4. ODSoft DVB-S.

The info about the "Input Range" i sent u as PM is for ODSoft DVB-S. And it´s the only Input Range i can find in the registry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Using the latest Transedit 2.2 got from the free download section. It won't scan Nimiq 1 channel at all using Twinhan 1020a. thsource.ax is registered as said in the readme.txt. :blink:

Using the latest Transedit 2.2 got from the free download section.

This thread is about the TransEdit version in the members area (latest is 2.4). It requires purchasing DVBViewer Pro. The free version wasn't compiled by me, so I can't tell why it doesn't...

• 9 months later...

Hello,

I just wanted to let the Dutch people know that it is possible to make your own transponder file for the @home provider.

It has cost me a lot of time to find the necessary information. But finaly I managed it.

Use transedit and the frequenties from the following link, (updated on 16-10-2006) to add your frequenties to your own file: Digitale kabeltelevisie (dutch)

I have included the transponder file for the region Almelo to this post.

Hope this helpes some people.

Regards,

Bjorn

CableQ64athome.ini

• 3 weeks later...
Additional column in the Analyzer's PID list, displaying the number of missing data packets for each stream (e.g. due to bad reception).

Exellent idea ! :) ....though there is a problem when previewing a stream. Swichtching to the preview graph causes a lot of discontinuities. Increasing the buffer size doesn't help.

Confirmed. It's not new. The additional column revealed it.

Some time ago we had a good reason to disable the "same transponder" check in TransEdit (one of your reports), but I can't remember it. The compiler simply skips this part of the code when building TransEdit due to a conditional define. Retuning causes the discontinuities.

However, it would make sense to enable the "same transponder" check for the Preview function, but ATM I don't know how...

P.S. You will get no discontinuities with your FireDTV-S and disabled "Stop stream while tuning". The same applies to my Cinergy T2, but not to the SkyStar2.

Ok, I think, I have found a good solution for the issue reported by Derrick. Now the analyzer and the preview do the "same transponder" check, thus avoiding unnecessary retuning. Usually it won't do any harm, except if there is an analyzer recording going on - starting the preview could damage it a bit.

If anybody wants this fix - TransEdit 3.0.3 is available in the members area. :)

thx, it seems that this has fixed the problem :D With the analyzer I find this quite important. If there is an ongoing recording, you always have to be cautious of course :P

..maybe another little improvement for the analyzer (copied from tsreader) : a reset switch for the counters (tables and discontinuities) :)

• 3 months later...

My first post :bye:

I am using the Transedit analyzer and I find it wery interessting.

There is one thing I notice and that is the bitrates seems to be wery

slow to update on channels which is using variable bitrate. If I hit the

restart button the bitrate is updated instantly.

It would have been a great feature if the bitrates could be shown in

real time together with max/min and average bitrate.

I did not get DVB-S2 to work with the latest beta but I could

have done something wrong ( the previous one works ok).

• 4 weeks later...

MMm... TransEdt 3.0.5.0 from members area, DVBViewer pro installed.

As said in the manual, TransEdit is installed in the DVBViewer dir.

After scanning if i try to export or send to DVBViewer it says

"Sorry - cannot export since DVBViewer Pro/GE is not present."

A bit puzzled...

TransEdit doesn't find the file channels.dat, so it doesn't know where to put the results (no channels, no DVBViewer <_<).

In DVBViewer, go to About -> Info -> Version Info, click the configuration path that is displayed there and check if channels.dat is present in that folder.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I had to re-upload TransEdit 3.0.7 to the members area.

The packet contained wrong transponder list INI files, because before preparing the ZIP I unfortunately used a system restore point, that caused a reset of all INI files to the previous state :shifty: I didn't know that it does something like this with INI files that are stored in my user profile, but now I know...

Hi Griga !

I'm trying to write a tool which is only used for switching LNB. I see TransEdit switches LNB very fast. Could you please tell me how to do that, did you use put_InputRange function of MS DirectShow ?...

Thank you for any reply.

did you use put_InputRange function of MS DirectShow ?

For DiSEqC? No. It has to be implemented vendor specific. Which means, you will need documentation resp. the API from TechnoTrend, Hauppauge, KNC, Digital Everywhere, Twinhan, TerraTec, Medion, TechniSat...

Thank you very much ! But where can I find those documents ? My card is "Hauppauge WinTV HVR 4000". I tried to search by Google but still not found ;) ...

• 2 weeks later...
You will have to ask Hauppauge for it.

... Could you share me some documents for API of Hauppauge TV card, which are used to write DiSEqC function of TransEdit ?... Thank you very much for any sharing !

No, sorry. Documentation provided by Hauppauge is "confidential and for the use of the intended recipient only", and of course we will keep the conditions. You will have to ask Hauppauge for it.

... I'm sorry about my last question and thank you for replies. The vendor answered me that "Hauppauge WinTV HVR 4000" does not have any specific API. Which Hauppauge card did you ask for documents ?....

Is it possible to add an indicator for carrier locks without useful SI ? "Mark transponders without signal/PAT with [X]" makes no distinction between no lock and no PAT. Many data transponders or test transponders don't have a PAT.

Thanks a lot Griga for the update!

It's good to see DVB-S2s as blue.

But why don't you put an empty Transponders folder? Almost everyday "ini"s are changing already.

Edited by ricabullah
But why don't you put an empty Transponders folder?

I'm not Griga ;) ..if I get you right, you just have to fill in a name, position and lnb-parameters and click on add ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Cool, can you give me a biiiiig favour :blush:

Please try the analyse button and i'm not sure about it, but are there any fta channels available on Echostar? And is it possible to get a TS Stream with at least a few seconds of broadcasts which include closed caption's? Right now CC is finally working with ATSC transmissions, but since EIA 608/708 is not quite nicely documented it is still a lot of tweaking :(. If you are able to provide some files, feel free to pm or email me :blush:

Christian

Cool, can you give me a biiiiig favour :blush:

Please try the analyse button and i'm not sure about it, but are there any fta channels available on Echostar? And is it possible to get a TS Stream with at least a few seconds of broadcasts which include closed caption's? Right now CC is finally working with ATSC transmissions, but since EIA 608/708 is not quite nicely documented it is still a lot of tweaking :(. If you are able to provide some files, feel free to pm or email me :blush:

Christian

Here is the xml file.

TransEdit 3.1 is available in the members area:

- Added: Support for FireDTV/FloppyDTV DVB-S2 devices - not tested. Please let me know if it works.

Just tested on a FloppyDTV DVB-S2 card. Channels on DVB-S2 transponders are not found. Regular DVB-S transponders scans fine.

Channels on DVB-S2 transponders are not found.

Did you use the transponder lists that are included in the TransEdit ZIP? Like the Hauppauge DVB-S2 cards, the FireDTV S2 requires special parameter settings for DVB-S2, like modulation, pilot symbols...

Did you use the transponder lists that are included in the TransEdit ZIP? Like the Hauppauge DVB-S2 cards, the FireDTV S2 requires special parameter settings for DVB-S2, like modulation, pilot symbols...

Same transponders (11421, 11434 on 1 West) tested with both a TechnoTrend S2 3200 and Floppy DTV S2 (DVB-S2 for this is checked in Transedit). Only TechnoTrend S2 3200 found the channels. Scanning DVB-S2 using same transponder data works with the FloppyDTV S2 using the FireDTvView application.

I did have to change the 3590.ini in the FireDTV\Transponders folder from

24=11421,H,25000,23,5,1

25=11434,V,25000,23,5,1

to

24=11421,H,25000,23,4,1

25=11434,V,25000,23,4,1

Edited by boborg
Same transponders (11421, 11434 on 1 West) tested with both a TechnoTrend S2 3200 and Floppy DTV S2 (DVB-S2 for this is checked in Transedit). Only TechnoTrend S2 3200 found the channels.

I see. The TransEdit ZIP doesn't contain a well prepared transponderlist for 1 West. As already mentioned, the FireDTV DVB-S2 requires in S2 mode additional paremeters that must be set correctly, particularly FEC, modulation and pilot symbols. Otherwise you will get no results. It's a quirk of the Conexant chipset. The TT 3200 detects these parameters automatically, so it doesn't care. Please read this!

Owners of Hauppauge DVB-S2 cards already know - FireDTV S2 owners still have to learn...

the FireDTV DVB-S2 requires in S2 mode additional parameters that must be set correctly, particularly FEC, modulation and pilot symbols. Otherwise you will get no results. It's a quirk of the Conexant chipset.

That sounds like a joke to me :rolleyes: Ok, early adopters had to live with a bad driver design of Hauppauge's DVB-S2 card but here it seems that somebody hasn't done his homework. It is unacceptable to have to know a priori parameters that should be set automatically according to the standard. There's no indication in the sat-descriptors whether pilot signals are used or not. This makes a reliable NIT-search impossible. I'm quite convinced that even conexant can do without :bye: