TransEdit Discussion

I've performed two tests with default values, with and without data services:

With data services:

SS2 2.6b + 4.28: 1164 channels in 10 minutes, 20 seconds

SS2 2.3 + 4.22: 1188 channels in 8 minutes, 10 seconds

I've used the same transponder-list for both tests, although the 2.3 system showed 66 transponders instead of 65 on the 2.6b system.

Without data services I got the following numbers:

SS2 2.6b + 4.28: 1081 channels in 9 minutes, 51 seconds

SS2 2.3 + 4.22: 1125 channels in 7 minutes, 15 seconds

Bye, Oliver

Edited by Oliver

Hmm, strange... the old drivers seem to be considerably faster than the new ones in this respect.

The results suggest that the timeout values should be increased a bit, if the new drivers are used, in order to find all channels. About 1125 channels (without data services) are present on Astra 19° East. However, this value may vary, depending on the time of scanning (after midnight one gets less).

although the 2.3 system showed 66 transponders instead of 65 on the 2.6b system.

@Oliver: I guess you've included the NIT scan for updating the transponder list, did you? That's why it took some minutes more than on my PC.

Anyway - ASAP I'll upload a new TransEdit version, that allows to scan with 'real' FEC values instead of FEC auto. It seems to make scanning more reliable, as Crypto reported. Furthermore I speeded scanning up a bit by implementing a new method for reading the PMT and (thanks to Derrick) fixed a bug, that caused some channels on Türksat and Hispasat (?) to be overlooked.

Griga

Right, now the numbers without NIT scanning:

SS2 2.6b + 4.28: 1086 channels, 7 minutes, 22 seconds

SS2 2.3 + 4.22: 1126 channels in 4 minutes, 48 seconds

Bye, Oliver

And here comes yet another shocking result: :(

SS2 2.3 + 4.28: 1076 channels in 6 minutes, 5 seconds.

Hm, it's faster than the 2.6b with 4.28, but slower than the 2.3 with 4.22. Seemingly it's not only due to the driver. This combination delivered less channels than any other.

Bye, Oliver

What happens if you increase (let's say double) the timeout values, especially those for TunerLock, PAT and PMT?

Wether you get 1076 or 1086 doesn't mean anything - especially if the timeout values are not sufficient the results may vary randomly.

Griga

Edited by Griga

New results (2.3 + 4.28):

Default values: 1084 channels in 6 minutes, 17 seconds

Tunerlock, PAT und PMT doubled: 1125 channels in 7 minutes, 52 seconds

Default values, but PAT doubled: 1121 channels in 6 minutes, 25 seconds

Bye, Oliver

That's what I expected... I guess, the new driver sets some waiting time more conservatively, maybe due to problems that occurred with the old driver.

@Oliver: Thanks a lot for testing! Very helpful... tonight I will explore some of the B2C2 registry settings. Probably the reason can be found there...

Griga

Edited by Griga

Here are some of my results, rev 2.6B, driver 4.28

default settings, no data : 6:20, 1065 services, some transponders were missing

same with data channels: 7:00, 1304 services, again missing transponders

NIT search, PAT = 5000ms: 10:45, 1317, not totally complete

no NIT, PAT = 5000 : 7:30, 1359 services, complete? (63 transponders, non-responding deleted, 66 before)

ps. with new services like the regional windows of WDR it becomes more important to implement a dynamic PMT in the main program.

Edited by Derrick

@ Griga

firstly, my scanning data:

Celeron300 + 80cm dish + southern Italy + SS2 2.3 + 4.22

(TE timeout settings: 2k, 2k, 7.5k, 5k, 5k):

Astra 19.2E: 1112 channels (51 transponder) in 8 minutes, 30 seconds (scanning beginned at 20:06)

secondly... may I add a few wish for the next TransEdit version? :(

• a "Import" feature (or something like this) to load a previously scanned channellist

• a coloured coding to evidentiate the old, the new and the "gone" channels if you make a scan on a "Imported" channellist

• the possibility of edit the "Language" field

• the possibility of export the channellists grouped by Language (i.e. a new export "Category")

...thanks for your greatly appreciated work, and good nighttime exploration!

Gioxy

Here is yet another result:

SS2 2.6b + 4.28: 1169 channels in 11 minutes, 15 seconds

tunerlock: 5000, PAT: 5000, PMT: 10000, SDT: 5000, NIT: 5000

All scanner options but deleting transponders without signal/PAT were activated.

Bye, Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

At the moment TransEdit is not available.

Unfortunately I had to remove TransEdit from the Service Center, due to a forum member named Smacky, who claims the right to freely distribute the software (see this German thread).

This was *not* my intention. In consideration of Christian's interests TransEdit should only be available for purchasers of the full version.

Since I obviously didn't make the terms of use clear enough in the Readme, I have to rework it, before I upload a new version. Maybe I also have to include a password protection... :bye:

Griga

Edited by Griga
  • 2 months later...

Hi Griga,

thanks for making our favorite scanner available again. Let's hope that everybody sticks to the rules now. It was really hard knowing that the best scanner wasn't available.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does Transedit need an update to work with DVBViewer 2.2? I just ran a scan on Astra 19.2°E and added the results to the vanilla channels.dat, then deleted all other groups.

Everything seemed to work fine for one or two DVBViewer restarts while I was fiddling with the options, but now the splash screen hangs at "Evaluate Commandline Parameter...", DVBViewer doesn't tune the last channel and the logfile says

EAccessViolation raised by instance frmMain of class TfrmMain at 0044F832:Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 0044F832 in Modul 'DVBViewer.exe'. Lesen von Adresse 0000003B

This seems to be reproducible - restoring the original channels.dat 'fixes' the problem, repeating the steps listed above makes it reappear. Help?

Hmmm...

Did a full Astra scan with TransEdit, exported the whole stuff to channels.dat, launched DVBViewer, deleted all previous channels, re-launched DVBViewer three times - no problem.

Launched DVBViewer with your channels.dat (not the original one) - no problem.

Your setup.ini is quite similar to mine. Replacing a channel related setting (LastSender) with your's didn't raise an error either. So I just don't know...

Sorry, the culprit wasn't TransEdit but a change in DVBViewer's favorite handling - while playing with the channel list I also deleted all default favorites (repeatedly :) ) because I wanted to redo them later, but the new version doesn't like an empty/non-existent favorites.ini and won't start properly in that case. Adding favorites/folders back also doesn't work once the file is gone...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After a scan with TransEdit, I'm not able to see some channels in DVBViewer.

I found out that I have the same problem if I export the channel list from channels.dat to channel.ini and re-import it.

After some checks, I saw that the problem appears only on encrypted channels: I can see the EPG, so the channel is well tuned, but just black screen.

I tried to understand why, looking at the channels.dat format.

I suppose that some of the so called "reserved*" fields contains important informations that are not exported to .ini (and not stored by TransEdit)

In fact, if I do the scanning from DVBViewer, every channel is available... but its mostly impossible to organize the list from there!!!

Any advice?

Thx

Note:

Just because I know your position on encryption, I urge to explain that I'm using an MD plugin to connect to my *original* SKY Italy smartcard on my HTPC... and I have a set-top box with original card in it... ;)

..sorry m8, go with your problems somewhere else.

Derrick, that's not polite...

Initially, I supposed it was a bug of TransEdit... now I'm convinced it's a "feature"... ;)

I paid for full version of DVBViewer, I paid for my pay-tv card, I paid for all the hardware I'm using.

I'm not a pirate nor a liar... I just want to be able to be able to reorganize a list of some 3000 channels in some useful way.

DVBViewer does not offer the opportunity, so what have we to do???

I don't want to start some kind of flaming. I will not discuss this topic anymore on the forum, because of your decision as a moderator.

I'm always available for private messages.

..it's not personal. In the corresponding ETSI documents it is clearly stated, that the CSA has to be implemented in hardware. Anything else is illegal.. ..what you do is your thing but on this board it's against the rules.

ps.

though I'm not the author of transedit, I can assure you that the wanted "feature" is not missing by purpose. Like other programs the DVBViewer allows access to the stream by other tools to get the necessary information..

• 3 months later...

@Griga

Is Transedit also usable with the new skystar CI. I get a Zugriffsverletzung at 0047c0b2 in Modul "Transedit.exe". Lesen von Adresse 00000000

when i start a channelscan.

turntoyou

• 1 month later...

hi,

i hope its the right place for asking:

i got transedit installed on my system with an airstar 2 but i can't manage to scan for channels. Which frequency and Bandwith shoul i choose?

Thx 4 help

Rag3

ps: i'm living in germany near frankfurt

• 4 months later...
Sorry folks - updated again to 2.3.1. Will be important for a clean cooperation with the coming DVBViewer GE 1.7.

A post in the German forum suggested that the distinction between two identical BDA devices was not sufficient.

Be prepared for more updates  :)  the whole BDA stuff is still developping quite dynamically.

The new Version (2.3.1) doesn´t work with FireDTV S/CI. When launching the program and pushing "Detect Devices" button in Settings\Hardware tab, it shows the following error message:

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 00000000. Lesen von Adresse 00000000.

The Transedit.exe.log shows the following information:

FactoryCount: 0, ObjectCount: 0.

Edited by -=[MiL]D.S.C.=-

Thanks for the hint.

The debug log wasn't supposed to be activated, but quite helpful in this case.

OK, let's proceed to version 2.3.2 (uploaded). :) I'm quite sure I found that bug though I can't test it here. Would you be so kind and try again?

Ok Griga, now it works with FireDTV S/CI. :)

Tuner Type- and Tuning Space-Settings are also detected automatically.

Maybe u can delete the MMC Version from the Beta Section.

Fine! :)

Maybe u can delete the MMC Version from the Beta Section.

TransEdit MMC supports additional hardware, like Twinhan without BDA drivers. It's a special build from Christian. So I think we better leave it there.

I update the non demo version at the moment - it was just a bug i already fixed a week ago.

Christian

PS: And yes the Beta thing is much more flexible since it supports even non supported devices :)

I´ve read the Help page, but i wanted to know, if it´s possible that the different tuning spaces could detect different channels while scanning.

I´ve tried all 4, but they all give almost the same results. I can´t detect alll Astra1 Channels. For example XXP is never detected. And i need that channel every Sunday. :radscorpion:

It would be also great, if u could try to fix the DiSEqC routines for FireDTV S/CI devices. Cause i can´t find any channels on Hotbird and Eurobird1/Astra2.

I hope those problems can be fixed sooner or later, better sooner :bye:

Anyway, thanx for the answer.

For example XXP is never detected.

Is just XXP missing, or the whole transponder?

In the meantime I've fixed another issue caused by the buffering behaviour of drivers. In some cases after tuning a new transponder TransEdit still got data of the previous one, thus working with the wrong PAT. Will be uploaded *before* sunday. :radscorpion:

Workaround for the moment: Scan the same single transponder twice.

if u could try to fix the DiSEqC routines for FireDTV S/CI devices.

Will take some time. Would you participate as tester when we come to this point? I have no DiseqC equipment here, and no BDA DVB-S device.

For example XXP is never detected.

Is just XXP missing, or the whole transponder?

In the meantime I've fixed another issue caused by the buffering behaviour of drivers. In some cases after tuning a new transponder TransEdit still got data of the previous one, thus working with the wrong PAT. Will be uploaded *before* sunday. :bye:

Workaround for the moment: Scan the same single transponder twice.

Yes, the complete transponder is missing, not only XXP. I´ll try to scan the single transponder. Hopefully it helps. But i think not only this transponder is missing. I didn´t check every single transponder though. At the moment i only checked the Programs i need most.

EDIT: I´ve scanned the single "T-Systems, XXP" transponder (12633/H/22000) again, but i can´t find any of its channels. Might be a bigger bug. :radscorpion:

if u could try to fix the DiSEqC routines for FireDTV S/CI devices.

Will take some time. Would you participate as tester when we come to this point? I have no DiseqC equipment here, and no BDA DVB-S device.

Sure, i would like to do beta tests for u. I hope the DiSEqC problems can be fixed. And i´m happy if i can help to keep DVBViewer and Transedit the leading DVB applications. :)

Edited by -=[MiL]D.S.C.=-