TransEdit Discussion

It is not a usb issue - I am using FloppyDTV (HW Ver.: 01.24.04 , FW Ver.: 1.5.0 Build 22720, Driver : 5.0.1)

I am using the Core AVC 1.8 codec. I don't have another H264 codec installed. Besides the codec works fine in DVBViewer on most H264 channels apart from a couple (e.g. Silver HD on Thor 0.8W). Strangely I can't get preview to work either with normal S1 channels.

External cards with usb2 can't handle the high rate dvbs2 transponders.
It is not a usb issue - I am using FloppyDTV

Applies more or less to all non PCI devices. The only remedy is hardware PID filtering. For FireDTV/FloppyDTV S2 PID filtering you'll need the latest firmware.

I am using the Core AVC 1.8 codec. I don't have another H264 codec installed.

May be the audio decoder as well.

• 1 month later...

hello,

I apologize for my bad English.

The transponder 12669 have changed on ASTRA 19 ° 2.

it now contains encrypted Canalsat channels in DVB-S2 :

12669Mhz, pol V, SR 22000, FEC 2/3 DVB-S2.

I have downloaded a 0192.ini file (KingOfSat) and tried to update with transedit 3.2.5.0.

It can not scan the transponder 12669. Similar transponders are good (12522,12580).

I suppose my Floppydtv-s2 card causes the problem. all drivers are up to date.

some screenshot :

sethard.JPG

setscan.JPG

transedit.JPG

any idea ?

Pilot Symbols must be ticked.

I have downloaded a 0192.ini file (KingOfSat)

Rather use Astra 19E.ini from the TransEdit ZIP. The file contains the additional DVB S2 parameters that are required for FireDTV-S2 & Hauppauge Nova S2 HD.

hi, thank you for the quick respond.

I try this ini file too with same result : If i do a "scan selected" or"analyze" on 12669 nothing happens. If i do a "scan selected" on 12580 or 12522 the channel list apears in the scanner window.

12522,12580 and 12669 have the sam spec : pol V, SR 22000, FEC 2/3,mod 8SPK.

But I don't know if the pilot Symbol and roll-off are the same ??

that's not a reception problem because I receive the 12669 channels transponder with another receiver (the Dual-s). Channels are Sci-fi HD, Eurosport HD, Ushuaia HD (all encrypted, Canalsat).

I think it's a floppyDTV problem.

My Ezy-Box needs a checked 'pilot'-property.

I tryed all combinations : pilot or not, all the roll-off possibility.

the exact frequency is 12669.5, this may be the cause of the problem ? i tried with 12669 and 12670 with always no result.

I tried a blind scan with that, no result.

blind.JPG

What is the difference between transponder 12580 (scanning ok) and 12669 ? ;)

hello,

Is someone with a Floppydtv-S2 card, can confirm he receives (scann is good) transponder 12669 on ASTRA 19°2 ?

Transedit 3.2.5.3

FloppyDTV S2 HW Ver. 01.24.04, FW ver. 1.5.0 buil 22720 driver 5.0.1

Windows XP SP3.

TY

Works here.

TransEdit 3.2.5.3, FireDTV S2, FW 1.4.3.22510, Driver 5.0.1.0, XP SP 2

Have you already tried to change "stop stream while tuning" and/or "Use standard interface" on settings -> hardware? Is "Open whole transponder" ticked?

yes, I tryed all combination this week : "stop stream while tuning" ticked/unticked, "Use standard interface" ticked/unticked, "Open whole transponder" ticked/unticked. no reponse with scan sellected and analyse. The transponder 12580 have the same parameters (Canalsat too) and transedit scan it well. I suppose it is a hardware problem : the Dual-s (Canalsat proprietary receiver ) is working fine and I receive the channels. May be the FloppyDTV-S2 need a better signal that's the reason why i want to know if some body else receive the transponder with this card and transedit ?

Pilot Symbols must be ticked.

..not for the firedtv-s2. That's the only parameter that is detected by the driver itself by an internal blind test :blush: Though the other parameters (fec, modulation) have to be set exactly which makes the firedtv (or floppydtv) unsuitable for blind scans.

btw. there's a bug in transedit. In the transponder.ini fec and modulation are switched in respect to the blinscan window in transedit. Normally I don't need the additional parameters with my "blindscan capable" pinnacle but this time I've tried my firedtv-s2 ;)

the attached 0192.ini lists the transponder 12669V twice (with/without pilot)

..well read my post and have a look in the attached ini.

[BLINDSCAN]
Frequency=12669
Polarisation=1
Symbolrate=22000
Modulation=1,2,3
FEC=1,2
DVB-S2=1
Pilot=0
RollOff=0

..not for the firedtv-s2. That's the only parameter that is detected by the driver itself by an internal blind test ;) Though the other parameters (fec, modulation) have to be set exactly which makes the firedtv (or floppydtv) unsuitable for blind scans.

the attached 0192.ini lists the transponder 12669V twice (with/without pilot)

Two thing :

1-I went this afternoon to buy a new LNB : the old one was 15 years old :blush: . Wtih the new one, signal quality has increased from 65% to 95% with DVBViewer scan (some transponder are better).

2- i tried your 0192.ini with both transedit and DVBViewer scan with always the same result : nothing on the 12669 transponder.When i do a scan selected on your two line 12669 (pilot ticked or not), the scanner window desperately stays to grey.

Edit : idem with blind scan and your value 12669,22000,pol v, FEC 1/2 2/3 3/4, mod QPSK or 8PSK, pilot unticked, roll-off 0.35.

Edited by robob
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, i'm back

So I moved the PC as close as possible to the dish (2-meter cables). It works. I took Transedit, and I tried to change the angle of the LNB (polarization) to reduce the missing data. Then I connected a 15m cable and starder again the operation. now it works in my lounge with my original (good :)) cable ! (all this to have 3 channels in HD, my wife starts to believe that I lost reason :wacko: ).

Morality, it was indeed a bad dish setting, particularly the LNB polarization. Ideally, I should have a spectrum analyzer, rather than using the bar graph that allows the receiver to make a coarse setting but not accurate.

I am looking for software that would do that in the PC. Isn't it possible to have a spectrum analyser in Transedit ?

(sorry for my english again)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a problem with scanning a high symbolrates (45000) in dvbs2 on intelsat903 (for canalsatcaraibes - payTV). My config is :

floppydtvS2+ last 5.2N beta driver+last firmware+ astoncrypt2.18 cam+vista sp1+dvbviewer3.9.4 +transedit

> With Transedit (last version member) i have scan with success the only HD transponder : 11500 vertical 30000sr with dvbs2, pilot on, qpsk, fec 5/6, rolloff 0.35 : well receive, well decrypt, no problem at all.

> Since the 5 december, one thing have change : 30000sr became 45000sr on this transponder, officially in order to make more space to add eurosport HD. Of course i loose my HD channels, but when i try to scan or analyse the same transponder with 45000sr instead of 30000sr, nothing happens :wacko:.

Does have something particular to do in transedit when trying scan in dvbs2 and high symbolrates as 45000 ? absolutly all guys with topfield or another free decoder have the same problem. Only the proprietary decoder of the payTV still get this transponder as before (after a firmware update by sat).

A i'm on PC, i will hope having more facilities with transedit to find out this transponder...do you have any idea about this ?

best regard's

Edited by akwaba
Does have something particular to do in transedit when trying scan in dvbs2 and high symbolrates as 45000 ?

..pray? B)

This is not a transedit problem. If this is really the actual symbol rate of a dvb-s2 modulated transponder, then no known tuner/demodulator could receive the signal. According to the specs. 30000 is the upper limit.

IMHO it could be a reading of wrong values from a NIT. But if it is the actual symbol rate, you'll have to buy the very special receiver directly from the provider ;)

Oh...so it look's like bad news...but thank's

When you speak about "according to the specs, 30000 is the upper limit", do you say that it is the floppydtvs2 spec or do you say that is the DVBS2 standard officially recommand ? iN other words, is it authorized from this payTV to make dvbs2 + 45000 ?

Surprisingly, if i scan the same transponder in 45000, but only change dvbs2 in dvbs, transedit find...really strange...the sd channels of the precedent scan on another transponder ! So never the same, only depend's the one i'va scan just before.

best regard"s

iN other words, is it authorized from this payTV to make dvbs2 + 45000 ?

..yes it would be. The physical limit would be determined by the transponder bandwidth. But afaik all known receiver and pc-card manufactures can only choose between two commercial available dvb-s2 demodulator chips. Both quote in the specs 30000 ks/s as the upper limit of the symbol rate for dvb-s2 transmissions. If the paytv provider has other sources it could be different. But a dirty search didn't reveal any reliable reception report with a confirmed dvb-s2_sr or 45000. Maybe we have to wait and see ;)

Surprisingly, if i scan the same transponder in 45000, but only change dvbs2 in dvbs, transedit find...really strange...the sd channels of the precedent scan on another transponder ! So never the same, only depend's the one i'va scan just before.

..this is a flaw of either DVBViewer or the driver that fools you B)

Ok... so if the 45000 + dvbs2 is the reality, i haven't any chance to get this HD transponder again.

Can abuse of your knowledge please B)

Somes of us (having the same problem) are starting having big doubt about this "official" annonce of 45000+dvbs2. BIg doubting, because as you say, no only 1 demodulator work except the paytv one ;) . THeir demodulator is for rental by month (7 euro) and it seems strange that a simple rental decoder get a very high technology tuner able to do dvbs2 in 45000sr ...really strange no ?

Something else increase this doubt : when scanning one of the SD channel from this payTV, transedit find it, but find the others tansponders too (in the NIT). An if i open the one who is normally the HD one...we see this :

11495detailqi6.jpg

transedit seems finding the HD transponder but if it indicates a 45000sr as supposed, it indicate dvbs instead of dvbs2 ? Do you think that is a flaw too from transedit / drivers ?

Some of us thinks that it is dvbs + 45000 but with mpeg4 packed...and may be on more, a non standard PAT to disturd all other demodulator.

I'm not sure to understand or verify what you mean by "lock".

To obtain the screen before, i have "analyse" one of the SD transponder (601 for example), and of course transedit find all the SD channels of 601. And when i open the "satellite delivery system" from the 601 transponder scan , it show me the others transponders of canalsatcaraibes.

Among theses information, i open the 605 (normally the HD one) and see the screen .

If i try to "analyse" the 605 with exactly these parameters (dvbs, 45000, etc...) i obtain EITHER the result (mux?) from one of the other SD transponder (601 to 604) : so i may be can say that it is "lock" but with an erratic result, OR i obtain nothing at all : so i suppose no "lock" ?

To be exhaustiv, under dvbsstream explorer, for the same "analyse" of the 605 (11495), you can see at the bottom, that :

got signal

got SI tables

got 1 PAT sections

got 1 NIT sections

got 1 SDT sections

but after theses, it stop...and i cannot read or see what dvbstrem "got". So here, it seems to "lock" something i suppose ?

dvbstreamml0.jpg

Edited by akwaba

I've seen the last picture during my search. Afair it is taken from a Topfield discussion B)

..again, the sat descriptor says DVB-S and not DVB-S2 !! Imho somebody must have created this confusion, by thinking that they kept the dvb-s2_modulation and only increased the symbol rate.

If you can tune (the tuner locks) but can't find any useful streams, the muxrate is too high for your floppy. The rate of the multiplex with the shown parameters is 69mbps which is too high for your card. You have to reduce this rate by filtering out the wanted streams. Therefor you have to uncheck the option "Open Whole Transponder" of your floppy (-> options -> hardware) in the DVBViewer-Pro.

Yes of course i've already post this screen (not on topfield therefore ? but as we are several guys triyng to find an explain or a solution... we certainly have infected many forums B) ).

Yes , dvbs instead of dvbs2 again, really hard to detect if it's a valuable result or erratic result from the incapacity of floppy. I don't know if in that case it only read a table where parameters are simply writing (in this case the result is certainly right), or if it really analyse the different mux of the all transponder and as it can't... decide to show dvbs instead of dvbs2 (so false result).

It is why certains persons think that it is simply dvbs with mpeg4 empacked...and with a non standard PAT (?)...

In fact "open whole transponder" check or uncheck was the first try i have done (very speaking about on different forum), but the result was the same.

So, i think i have try all what's possible... if you have any idea, i will be glad to test.

But, just for all your help, i have to adress to you an enormous THANKS ;)

PS: i'm waiting an answer from digital everywhere, i hope some good news...

• 9 months later...
Seems to be relevant for broadcasters only, not for consumers, and would require a special PID 0x15 handling in the TransEdit analyzer, as far as I can see.

This PDF is more informative (and more understandable):

http://www.enensys.com/resources/support/W...iew_ENENSYS.pdf

MIP - for consumer (identification SFN transmitters if more use only one frequency - etc. City 1 - Trannsmitter 1, City 1 - Transmitter 2, City 2 - Transmitter 2, ...)

and next question ? planed support two-bytes EPG ?

epg.png

MIP - for consumer (identification SFN transmitters if more use only one frequency

Where is it actually used?

Could you provide a TS sample file containing PID 0x15 with SFN information? I would need it for testing.

planed support two-bytes EPG ?

Maybe later, when Lars is through with it in DVBViewer. Seems to be quite complicated...

My suggestions to TransEdit:

1. Display out "Channel Name" in Analyze window as a new column. Now we need to hover mouse to see the "Channel Name" for a MPEG2/H.264 stream. Depending on the sorting method, the row sequence always changes.

2. Can keep the sorting method always. I like to sort by "Percent", but it can't be remembered when restart TransEdit.

3. The "Missing" column in TransEdit "Analyze" window is very useful to see the signal quality. Hope this statistic can be added somewhere in DVBViewer status bar.

4. Could you add following 2 CASystemID names instead of "UNKNOWN"? These 2 are comonly used in China.

a ) 0x4A02 -- TongFang

b ) 0x4A30 -- DVN

1. Difficult

2. Bug. Will be fixed.

3. Statistics with up to 150 values in the DVBViewer status bar??? Forget it.

4. Will be added.

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

Although adding "Channel Name" is not easy in TransEdit, but it will greatly improve user experience. Hope you can consider adding the column.

I know DVB card/software is not the same as standalone receivers, but more statistics are useful for advanced users. How about adding more of them in "DVB Source Properties" window? Like following params:

a) Missing package counts.

:) LNB LOF bias. (This may need hardware driver support I think)

c) CA1/CA2/CA3/CA4 names/IDs.

d) etc.

Also, right-click the signal quality area in DVBViewer status bar will call out the "DVB Source Properties" window, how about adding close function when right-click again?

Thanks much!

Edited by ter9999

Only quote things that are necessary for understanding what you want to write. Please don't mess up this thread with useless quoting.

this sample DVB-T stream

For some reason I can't download your file (found no button or direct link on the site). Maybe the security settings on my PC are preventing it.

You don't have to provide a 500 MB file (full transponder dump, I guess). Use the "Select PAT, SDT & PMT PIDs" function of the TransEdit Analyzer (see PID List context menu). Add PID 0x15 manually to the selection and record it for 30 seconds or so.

Only quote things that are necessary for understanding what you want to write. Please don't mess up this thread with useless quoting.

For some reason I can't download your file (found no button or direct link on the site). Maybe the security settings on my PC are preventing it.

You don't have to provide a 500 MB file (full transponder dump, I guess). Use the "Select PAT, SDT & PMT PIDs" function of the TransEdit Analyzer (see PID List context menu). Add PID 0x15 manually to the selection and record it for 30 seconds or so.

Ok,

save selected PIDs

MIP is used for french DTT too.

If you're interested for a sample ..

I have a resquest too for transedit...

Is it possible to add a command line option for recording PIDs with windows scheduler ?