closing DVBViewer after recording

Klausing

Sometimes i record some things over night. But i dont want shutdown the pc after recording, because there is an other programm running. :blush: I only want close the viewer.

Can you insert this option additionally in the PVR menu?

cheers

Steffen

There are two possibilites:

- Close DVBViewer, as requested

- Switch DVBViewer to standby mode (no channel tuned, no audio/video rendering, but still able to perform timer recordings).

Which one would be prefered?

Griga

I would prefer the first version.

@Oliver: maybe you was not loud enough o:)

Steffen :blush:

Personally I would prefer the standby mode, because it's more flexible - it allows to keep the DVBViewer waiting in the backround for the next timer event, without charging the processor.

But probably you have a special reason for wanting the DVBViewer to be closed - tell me.

Griga

why we cant have both?

But probably you have a special reason for wanting the DVBViewer to be closed - tell me
Some mpg2 filter (like NVIDIA) make problems if we use standbymode oder disabled video. The other thing is, that every programm which is running without function have some memory in use and not every people have so much memory like me.

One look in the taskmanager and you can see that the DVBViewer need over 30MB Memory.

The next is, more opened programms can have more unwanted interaction and make problems. :blush: And i think you know what a lot of problems directshow can making o:)

less opened prgramms --> less unwanted interaction --> less pc problems

Thats my experience from my job.

Steffen