Dual tuner problem

kalle173

Hi

Been trying to get DVBViewer to work with my dual tuner DVB-T card. Seems as though only one tuner at time will work. I've tried to use dual instances with DVBViewer Pro and GE and now lately I've tried with DVB server.

In the first two cases it says 'no hardware' when i try to start the second instance and when i try the server from to different clients I can see on the server that i get connections but half the time i get streaming values of 0.000MB/s on the second adapter (i.e. the last connection NOT tuner 2) and half the time I get values on the stream but no picture on the client.

I've maneged to get picture a few times (about 10-20% of all tries) on both clients when watching channels on the same mux(transponder) but NEVER on differents muxes and not every time even when watching channels on the same mux(feels at bit unstable).

I've been reading posts on different forums on how people manage to get this to work either recording two channels or watching´one and recording one, in both cases when the channels are on different muxes(transponders) but I've have never found anyone saying HOW the do it, is it possible or not??

Regards

//Kalle

<section name="@device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_2304&pid_022c#061101045709#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}">

<entry name="HasCI">1</entry>

<entry name="UseHardwareFilter">1</entry>

<entry name="Name">BDA Digital Tuner (Dev1 Path0) (1)</entry>

<entry name="TunerType">2</entry>

<entry name="Status">0</entry>

well maybe you should simply set the device to use normal instead of do not use in the hardware options.

well maybe you should simply set the device to use normal instead of do not use in the hardware options.

Checking your suggested course of action shows that the supporttool has made a report on the second instance of DVBViewer Pro, the first instance is the one I've been working with already and it had that status=1 on both tuners so it can't be that.

I also checked the file srvhardware.xml and there both devices had status=1 and still i had problem with the server using both devices. It's a little bit frustrating beacuse there is both the program directory with files to manipulate and you have a directory under application data with files to check.

The problem might be that I've tried many things on the same machine, two instances and server and so on.

What i really want to do is to record two channels on different muxes at the same time, I've be checking around a little bit in different files and i guess what i'm asking is: what are the settings i have to do i hardware.xml, usermode.ini etc to make it work if a do a clean install?

Regards

//Kalle

forget the instancing thing. Use ONE DVBViewer. It can handle everything.

By playing around with no plan you only archive one thing, nothing will work anymore...

So concentrate on one instance of the DVBViewer. Delete the hardware.xml of this instance and let the Viewer detect the devices again. then you just start one recording and try to zapp to another mux.

forget the instancing thing. Use ONE DVBViewer. It can handle everything.

By playing around with no plan you only archive one thing, nothing will work anymore...

So concentrate on one instance of the DVBViewer. Delete the hardware.xml of this instance and let the Viewer detect the devices again. then you just start one recording and try to zapp to another mux.

Well it didn't work the first time, that's the reason for me starting to experiment with dual instances and server and so forth. But I'll do a clean install and try from scratch (at least it will probably be easier to identify any problems after the installation).

-"I'll be back"

Regards

//Kalle

I have now made a complete reinstall of DVBViewer and tried exectly as you said AND I've also been trying to record on one mux and then record from another in the epg in BOTH cases the first recording stops and when I choose "Recorder statistics" from the "DVBViewer"-menu and switch to the "device status" tab its exactly as before, the latest instanciated recording is growing in size and the first one is static . Adding the latest supportfile from the only installation on the machine now.

Regards

//Kallesupport.zip

please start the DVBViewer with the -debug commandline and try it again. then post the support.zip again, maybe I find in the debug.log a reason why it doesn't work for you.

Oh and please rename the plugins folder to plugins2. And remove the has CI and the Send only encrypted Channels in the hardware options. This stick has no CI so the settings have no effect.

please start the DVBViewer with the -debug commandline and try it again. then post the support.zip again, maybe I find in the debug.log a reason why it doesn't work for you.

Oh and please rename the plugins folder to plugins2. And remove the has CI and the Send only encrypted Channels in the hardware options. This stick has no CI so the settings have no effect.

Done, The debug.log contains two recording sessions beacuse I forgot to rename the plugins folder during the first one. In the second I made the renaming.

support.zip

Regards

//Kalle

• 2 weeks later...

Any progress?

I have now tried on another machine with a fresh vista installation and EXACTLY the same problem, as soon as i start the second recording (or if watching one channel and start to record another) the first one freeze until i stop the second recording, than the first one starts again.

And here (post #8) it says it should work. :bye:

Regards

//Kalle173

It does work. I'm using it all the time with the FTA channels here.

On my personal DVBV using experience, I noticed that it is very sensitive of what video/audio codecs are used… Are You sure you do use the same?

QUOTE(Lars_MQ @ Sep 19 2007, 10:37 PM)

It does work. I'm using it all the time with the FTA channels here.

On my personal DVBV using experience, I noticed that it is very sensitive of what video/audio codecs are used… Are You sure you do use the same?

Ok Thanks for the tip. I'll try a bunch of different codecs.

-Lars_MQ, care to check your working setup(codecs)? would be much appreciated.

Regards

//Kalle173

• 3 years later...

Waking up this thread when I have the exact same problem. I have also tried all sorts of settings,both with recording service and straight from dvbv, all with same result. Kalle173: Did you ever solve this? Last post regarding codecs seems a litte bit weird when it works just fine with one tuner at the time. Would be grateful if anyone who have this setup working could provide their settings. Thanks.

Back from the dead :)

Jo du hade rätt ang. land DarthSlarti!

But no unfortunatly I've never got it to work. I fact I stopped using the prog after this thread. Blev så irriterad på deras attityd att "jo det funkar". Might consider it again if you get to work, we'll see.

Regards

/Kalle