HD on internal graphics chip !

pastimer

Hi everybody,

My Geforce 8500 is for sale. I have never used it.

I bought a mAtx board based on the nvidia 7050 chipset (mine is from Asrock), overclocked the amd x2 BE-2300 cpu to 2.6 Ghz without any special cooling and am looking at smooth h.264 1080p pictures from BBC-HD and Astra-HD. CPU load is around 65%.

Atmitted: I am streaming over the network, so i have no dvb-cards in the machine installed. Power consumption is around 75 watt for the system, so it can be made passively cooled quite easily, although i expect to use one or two large slow turning case fans anyway.

Costs are low. The board costs 55-60 euro. The cpu around 75. You need 2 gig ddr2 pc5300 ram. You can take-off then.

I must say i am absolutely flabbergasted about this chipset and very happy indeed!

Regards, Eppo

Edited by pastimer
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Anixe HD is a free german HDTV station, where most of the broadcasted material is upscaled PAL (often a "bit" better than PAL but not HDTV quality). E.g. they broadcast Laurel&Hardy very often.

Link: http://www.anixehd.tv/