Matroska Audios and subs

ramonchin

Is there any way for seting audio language or sub from DVBViewer while playing a Matroska video?... Now I have to go desktop bar and select it from its icon... Not very confortable.

Thanks.

Sub streams are switched within the demuxer, Haali Media Splitter most likely in your case. DVBViewer can't handle MKV by itself and uses Haali for this very purpose but can't access it to switch the stream.

Edited by CiNcH
  • 7 months later...

Well you can try to find a DirectShow demuxer for MKV which provides an API to switch streams. Don't think that the developers will implement MKV demuxing themselves...

Well you can try to find a DirectShow demuxer for MKV which provides an API to switch streams. Don't think that the developers will implement MKV demuxing themselves...

Do you know anyone? Haali splitter doesn't show these streams and old Matroska Splitter causes juddered video on HD matroskas...

For windows media center there is a trick... http://damienbt.free.fr/

Edited by ramonchin
Haali splitter doesn't show these streams

Which streams? Thought Haali worked pretty well. I only used it with ts/m2ts though.

For windows media center there is a trick... http://damienbt.free.fr/

But this plugin uses Haali, doesn't it? At least that's what I read in the requirements ("Haali media splitter (not mandatory, but required to switch between MKV/OGM streams)."). So Haali has some kind of API?

My opinion is that Matroska is not really accepted by the industry. Mainly it is used for "backups" which are "shared" through the internet...

Edited by CiNcH

Found this on Haali's page:

Core parser library

This is the core library that is used in the splitter and utilities, it's written in plain C and is higly portable. The library source is available upon request. Please mail mike@haali.net.

This would be a more specific feature request... DVBViewer guys will not implement an own parser library for Matroska container.

At least supporting the Haali Media Splitter (if an API existed) would be a cool thing as it stably supports MP4, AVI, MKV, TS/M2TS.

Edited by CiNcH
Which streams? Thought Haali worked pretty well. I only used it with ts/m2ts though.

But this plugin uses Haali, doesn't it? At least that's what I read in the requirements ("Haali media splitter (not mandatory, but required to switch between MKV/OGM streams)."). So Haali has some kind of API?

My opinion is that Matroska is not really accepted by the industry. Mainly it is used for "backups" which are "shared" through the internet...

I'm talking about audios and subtitles streams... video stream hasn't anything to choose :bye:

Matroskas are the best choice to watch x264 HD films in a PC for the Torrent community ;)

Thanks.

Edited by ramonchin
I'm talking about audios and subtitles streams... video stream hasn't anything to choose

Of course. If Haali does not work for you then implementing an API for Haali will not work either. But then also the MCE plugin is not supposed to work...

This is the only potential solution I see. Dunno whether this is of any interest for any of the DVBViewer developers. But what I can say for sure... they won't develop their own Matroska splitter.

Matroskas are the best choice to watch x264 HD films in a PC for the Torrent community

That's what I was referring to. "Rips" are just as illegal as decrypting TV within software, so... (at least in our country, but these rules also apply in this forum)

Anyway, implementing the Haali library could be quite a cool thing for a media player as it supports switching streams for quite some containers.

Edited by CiNcH

As I have learnd now, Haali Media Splitter implements the IAMStreamSelect interface. DVBViewer could use this one to switch streams within Haali. Or it could be done via a nice plugin with its own OSD window :bye: .

Edited by CiNcH
Haali Media Splitter implements the IAMStreamSelect interface.

I'll play a bit with it and check how it works.

Up to now DVBViewer only supports audio stream selection with the DVBViewer Filter (of course) and splitters/demuxers that provide a separate output pin for each stream, like the Elecard Demux.

Well, a test implementation in DVBViewer GE roughly works. At least I can switch between audio tracks in TS files when using the Haali Splitter. I have no mkv files for testing, however.

What if audio stream 1 is of different format than audio stream 2 and the connected decoder only supports one of the two formats and you switch between the streams?

OK, Haali seems to be very nice and rerenders the audio-pin in case of a format change. Really looking forward to that...

• 2 weeks later...

Great! In new DVBViewer version I can change between audios with my remote... But I miss subtitles... any hope?

Thanks team.

Don't think so. Unless audio and video, subtitles are not fully processed within DirectShow filters. So subtitles within MKV would require special treatment by the DVBViewer.