*.MPG recording setting is not working on Dutch Channels

erikap

I did an upgrade sunday from DVBViewer 3.6 to 3.8 after I replaced a recovery IMAGE.

When the recording setting is set as *.MPG (standard) the recording of a lot of programs won’t work.

The recorded program is limited to 1kb.

I tried to scan a new ASTRA transponder list and this is still not working. (annexed new scan from today)

All the programs in Canaldigitaal and TV-Vlaanderen on ASTRA 19.2° has the same problem. (1 free channel is BVN has the same problem)

Changing in the setting the format to the *.TS is a solution to make the recordings working.

I tried too to replace the DVBViewer folder from the 3.6 version and with the *.MPG settings it’s working too.

Do you have enough info from me to resolve the problem or to inform me what to do?

This problem exist not on FireDTV DVB-T only DVB-S and not for all the Channels.

support.zip

Most likely something is wrong with the PCR PID. Check it in the channel editor. E.g. the PCR PID for BVN on Astra 19° East must be 8190.

The PCR (Program Clock Reference) is required for creating the SCR (System Clock Reference) in MPG files. Without it recording can't start. In contrast to other channels, the dutch channels provide a separate PCR stream, which means, it is not included in the video or audio stream.

Maybe it's a bug in DVBViewer 3.8, or something messed up you channel settings, dunno. What you can try:

- Activate the Auto-Update Channel option (see channel menu), and check whether it corrects the PCR PIDs or not.

- Rescan the channels.

- If this doesn't help, scan the channels with TransEdit (see members area) and export them to DVBViewer.

First I checked the PCR PID for BVN and I can confirm that it is set as 8190 (It is a complete new scan from today)

The latest Beta didn't resolve the problem. Using the recording setting *.MPG result in a 1kb file. Using the *.TS is working fine.

For example: in the channellist under the category Private the Channel "NICK Germany" is a non scrambeled channel and has the same problem.

...when I replace the V3.6 DVBViewer folder under \Program Files the problem is resolved! So I think there is a bug in the v3.8 and Beta release.

First I checked the PCR PID for BVN and I can confirm that it is set as 8190 (It is a complete new scan from today)

And no double entries in the channellist? The recorder might have used the other one.

in the channellist under the category Private the Channel "NICK Germany" is a non scrambeled channel and has the same problem.

Also a separate PCR stream (PID 8190).

Today I tried a BVN MPG recording with DVBViewer Pro 3.8.1.1 Beta, and it worked. NICK works as well. The channellist has been taken from DVBViewer GE some time ago. I'm quite sure that the problem is caused by the PCR, but it remains a mystery how and where it comes in.

As I said it is a clean new install...I removed the 3.6 folder after the Uninstall procedure (Windows). Also I removed the CMUV\DCBViewer folder and than I installed the latest version 3.8. First I tried to import the previous ini-file contains the Astra 19.0 scan but when I find out the recording *.MPG problem I scaned a complete new one.

I checked and ther are no double entries.

And once again...when I replace the previous DVBViewer folder from the 3.6 with the same channellist it work fine !

The problem seems to be the PCR_TS_packets. The scrambling flag is set to 1. This stream is not recorded in the Pro, though the adaptation field that contains the pcr is by definition not scrambled. As a result the TS_recording is incomplete as well. The GE records the "scrambled" pcr correctly :unsure:

The problem seems to be the PCR_TS_packets. The scrambling flag is set to 1.

I can't see it in the PCR stream with PID 8190 on Astra 19°E 12574 H. That's the one BVN uses. The TS header is 47 1F FE 20. Please explain more detailed.

The GE records the "scrambled" pcr as well

Recording BVN as MPG is working here with DVBViewer Pro 3.8.1.1 and 3.8.0.0. DVBViewer GE definitely kicks all scrambled packets when recording. Explanation?

The problem seems to be the PCR_TS_packets. The scrambling flag is set to 1.

This would be an explanation why it works with 3.6 but not with 3.8. 3.8 kicks everything with the scrambled flag set.

But this does not explain, how you got the scrambled flag there in first place.

Well we start the usual drill. :unsure: please rename your plugin folder to avoid interference from outside the DVBViewer.

I can't see it in the PCR stream with PID 8190 on Astra 19°E 12574 H. That's the one BVN uses. The TS header is 47 1F FE 20. Please explain more detailed.

Recording BVN as MPG is working here with DVBViewer Pro 3.8.1.1 and 3.8.0.0. DVBViewer GE definitely kicks all scrambled packets when recording. Explanation?

Please check again and have a look with transedit..

@Lars, it has nothing to do with plugins. The analysis is from a transponder dump with transedit :unsure:

IMHO I've described the problem correctly but now I know why only I (and probably @erikap) see the scrambled pcr. The culprit is this CI module. It changes the scrambling flag of the pcr_packets. That's why I see a scrambled 0x1ffe_stream in transedit. When pulling the module everything is ok. I did the test with the firedtv. When I'd taken the pinnacle or the ss2 instead, we would never have discovered this (module)bug :unsure:

IMHO, it has to be this particular module.

btw.

DVBViewer GE definitely kicks all scrambled packets when recording.

..not true. Here's a ts_recording (analysis by tsreader) of BVN with GE_2.3.3.1 (red colour of the pcr -> scrambled)

..at the output of a different CI_module (Aston) the PCR is green :)

I had nothing then problems with the matrix reborn ZCAS in combionation with TV Vlaanderen which is daughther of Canal Digitaal. far from stable. Recording with 3.8.0.0 using mpeg from BVN runs fine with the original mediaguard cam on a floppy DTV DVB-S2.

The expensive seca2 works also.

Congratulations, digital everywhere's viewer is based on DVBViewer.

• 1 month later...

Any info on this bug?

I'm getting 4bytes mpg files for ALL tv channels that have 256kbit audio stream. Others are 192kbit and work great.

Setting output format to *.TS format solves this problem. It could be workaround for me but I'm recording some radio channels and it requires me to convert every *.ts file to *.mp2.

This bug exists on 3.6, 3.8 and 3.9 versions for me.

It does not matter if it's recording on timer or you just watch channel now and click "Record".

So I expect:

1. Bug fix.

2. Ability to choose output format for individual channels. Or any other way to output radio channels as mp2.

I contacted author some time ago, sent a lot of debug info but it looks like the bug is still unresolved.

If I can help somehow and provide some info - let me know please.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I started this Post in september and come back on it.

:( Today I started-up a brand new PC with Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6000 and Vista Ultimate X64.

Regarding the problem I had in september I looked first for the latest Drivers and Firmware for the FireDTV-S & T decoder.

Drivers for X64 were from 22 november '07 and firmware was recent too.

Then I installed DVBViewer Pro and not the version for FireDTV. First test was to record a channel from TV-Vlaanderen (Belgium) and could establish that the same problem consist as described in september.

First step was to change the complete folder in Program Files\DVBViewer from the 3.9 version to the 3.6 version and again with the same hardware I could register again in MPEG format (video).

So somewhere there is something changed in 3.6+ versions !?

After this I removed the 3.6 folder and renamed the 3.9 folder again. Personally I don't care to Record in the TS-format.

Regarding the picture from the Matrix Cam and CanaalDigitaal Card what is exactly the same combinition as mine I changed as a test the Matrix Cam module to another one.

This was ABRACADABRA because suddenly I could register again in MPEG-format.

So finally we can say that the combination of the Matrix Cam and the TV-Vlaanderen SmartCard with DVBViewer3.6+ causes problems! :wacko:

Some questions I still have:

1. In the manual I could read that the TS-format should be better as the MPEG. Why is this ?

I tried to register exactly 1 minute in both formats and found out that the TS-filesize is smaller than MPEG.

2. Regarding the HD programs what's the reason that MP4 is still not launched as a format for registrations ?