X0.81 successor of ds.jar is out

Klausing

You can download the sources of X0.81.jar from here! You must compile the sources self, but its really easy. Inside is a good description .

cheers

Steffen

Here is following a description for compiling:

Attention: all paths are example paths! You must make conform it with your system.

What you need is SUN Java SDK 1.4.2 (J2SE v 1.4.2 SDL bundle with IDE not needed) or higher. Download (nearly 44MB) and install it.

Download the X-sources.

Uncompress the sources. (for instance C:\download\xsource)

Now open a command line window (i hope its the right word, because in german it named Eingabeaufforderung). Start -> Execute -> write CMD -> and ENTER

Now you go to your downloaded sources cd C:\download\xsource\src

Now you search in the Java installation directory (C:\j2sdk1.4.2\bin) the javac.exe. Put it per drag and drop from your windows explorer in your commandline window. You get the path in the window like C:\j2sdk1.4.2\bin\javac.exe Behind this make one blanks and write *.java and ENTER

You get a lot of *.class files. Now delete all *.java files!

Serach in the Java install directory the jar.exe and drag and drop them to the commandline window. You get the path like C:\j2sdk1.4.2\bin\jar.exe Now write blank cfvm blank C:\download\xsource\ X081.jar (the path and the name where you wish to find the result) blank (please make a blank not write) Now drag and drop the MANIFEST.MF in the command window (you get a path like C:\download\xsource\src\MANIFEST.MF make a last blank and write *.class

The complete line could be this:

C:\j2sdk1.4.2\bin\jar.exe cfvm C:\download\xsource\ X081.jar C:\download\xsource\src\MANIFEST.MF *.class

No click on ENTER and after that you find a X081.jar in C:\download\xsource\

Start it with a double click. :radscorpion:

You must not use drag and drop for writing the path in the command line window, but for some people its not easy to write the right path and the pc makes it automatically.

Steffen

For user which can't compiling, i have compiled version 0.81 of projectX with sourcecode from 18.8.2003.

You use this compiled version to your own risk! The original you can get only as sources and you must compile it self!

I've compiled this version of ProjectX 0.81 for people who had problems to compile the sources. The board for this programm you find at

http://www.nv-systems.net/dvbforum/index.php

The site where you can find the original sources is: http://members.aon.at/johann.langhofer/x08.htm

The author of this programm said to me, the following:

the 'original' is only provided in sourcecode, so any pre-

compiled version is NOT an 'original'. YOU must make this clear and you take the

responsibility for that archive (because no one can verify the content of it)

ProjectX is intended for educational purposes only, as a non-commercial test project. It may not be used otherwise. Most parts are only experimental.

Steffen

ProjectX_081.4.zip

The new forum of ProjectX you can find here !

Inside it you find the actually sources and with this you can compile the newest version 0.81.3 !

It is a programm like ds.jar?
headline of first posting: "X0.81 successor of ds.jar" B)

With this programm you can:

- cut MPG, PVA, TS, VDR

- demux all streams (MPG, MPV, PVA, TS, ...) with error correction (also deleting AV overlay)

- converting from all this formats to VDR, M2P (MPG), PVA, TS and without error correction (so you dont loose any informations on a bad file)

- demux teletext

- demux AC3

- split file to filesize (650, 700, 735, 792, 2000 4700 MB) for burning with and without overlap of 1-10MB

- PVA raw file extraction

- export MegaRadio MP3-stream (from NBC/Giga Teletext)

- decoding MPEG-Layer to PCM withresampling audio from 48kHz to 32kHz or 44,1kHz

-converting Sound single to ducal (ch.Aoriginal, B= quit), single to stereo (L+R = original) , single to jointstereo, split 2channel into 2 single (1=L,2=R)

-patching AC3 header to 3/2 ch-mode

and, and, and .....

Lucike works on a helpfile of this programm. Thats the only problem! There are many partial documentation in the web, but not complete documentation, but Lucike works on it!

Advantages against PVAStrumento:

- Java application -> works not only under windows :radscorpion:

- can work with TS streams

- can demux AC3 and teletext

- can convert from MPG, MPV, PVA, TS to MPG, MPV, PVA, TS, and return without loosing informations or cutting bad frames o:)

- can downsampling audio during demuxing

- same demuxing speed like PVAStrumento

Disadvantages against PVAStrumento:

- you must compile it bevor using it

- needs Java

- looks complicated

- need some practice with the program (or the real desire to use all this features) to use all features (or is this a Advantage?)

Steffen

Would you have a look in the third post of this thread?:bye:o:) Who can read have an advantage. (said my teacher) :P You must only download it! Its not the newest verion but there is not a big difference between 0.81.0 and 0.81.3.

I have not enough space to install this "java-compile-thing"
You have not 76MB free B):radscorpion: , but you can record video?:D

little lazy hmmmm? :wub:

Steffen

Yes i saw and read it (but not defeat it :radscorpion:)

In the ip file there is an ac3.bin and the sources in many .java files.

But what should i do now? Which file to start?

I record on my second Partition and the first is for Programms and Windows.

And i know myself, if i start to install on second partition i will not stop it o:)

in the third thread is a compiled version for downloading (look at Attached file)

In the second thread stands all what you need to know for that!

You cant start sources you must compile it.

Steffen

in the third thread is a compiled version for downloading (look at Attached file)
In the second thread stands all what you need to know for that!

You cant start sources you must compile it.

Steffen

Hi Steffen,

perhaps I am a little bit blind or stupid...but the attached file x081.zip in the third thread conatins the source...files named *.java aso. but no file name *..jar!

:radscorpion:o:)

Regards

Nogger

Sorry, sorry, sorry, o:) I've uploadet the wrong file :radscorpion:

Now inside this post is the right ZIPfile. There are two versions 0.8 and 0.81.

I should not drink during work on pc B)

Steffen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick question about Project X... When i demux a movie and set the compression rate at dvd quality, how come my file size doesnt decrease when the original file is 15,000kbps? I am using an AerMedia DVB-T to capture

Thanks

That's easy. The original bitrate isn't 15 mbit/s. Quote from the PVAS manual:

For convenience (and cheaper equipment... probably) most TV stations flag their video stream as being a fixed bitrate stream. The nominal bitrate, that is the bitrate contained in the video headers, is set to a value that is higher than the highest bitrate they will transfer. Though in reality their transmission is a variable bitrate the digital receivers have no problem to cope with this situation: they simply set their buffers so that the nominal bitrate can be processed -- et voilá.

The DVBViewer sets a "correct" average value, though, so that this problem doesn't occur any longer.

Bye, Oliver

ProjectX dosn't convert anything it demuxe it only and can patch the header.

Steffen

By the way: from the original site you can download code of the new 0.85 !

For convenience (and cheaper equipment... probably) most TV stations flag their video stream as being a fixed bitrate stream. The nominal bitrate, that is the bitrate contained in the video headers, is set to a value that is higher than the highest bitrate they will transfer. Though in reality their transmission is a variable bitrate the digital receivers have no problem to cope with this situation: they simply set their buffers so that the nominal bitrate can be processed -- et voilá. 

The DVBViewer sets a "correct" average value, though, so that this problem doesn't occur any longer

So you mean to say that if i run a video captured at 15,000 kbps, through ProjectX, it will convert the header file to the correct average? If the data is being transmitted at 15,000 kbps, what happens to the extra 9,000kbps after converting, or isnt it there in the first place?

The reason im asking is that i want to capture from air video, for instance, old star trek episodes, that were originally produced using the 4:3 format. When i capture these episodes, they are 4:3 image letterboxed inside a 16:9@15,000kbps. i want to be able to burn them to dvd with no quality loss. Am i best off using Project X to demux at a set rate of 15,000kbps, then crop it to change 16:9 to 4:3, then reduce the bitrate with tmpgenc, or just use ProjectX at dvd quality so the outputted file is already suitable for dvd, with no further bitrate reduction required, THEN Crop? Any help appreciated

im using a Avermedia DVB-T btw

So you mean to say that if i run a video captured at 15,000 kbps,

With DVB - no matter C, T or S - you can't "capture". You can only save the data stream from the satellite in the form it is broadcast. Apart from HDTV no broadcast has more than 3-6 mbit/s.

When i capture these episodes, they are 4:3 image letterboxed inside a 16:9@15,000kbps.

To be honest I don't know what you're speaking of. Your DVB software just doesn't correct the header information. The DVBViewer in its latest release does, and so does PVAS und ProjectX.

As Steffen already told you:

ProjectX dosn't convert anything it demuxe it only and can patch the header.

Am i best off using Project X to demux at a set rate of 15,000kbps

You can't. To change the bitrate you'd need to fully re-encode your recording. Your bitrate is at best 4 mbit/s. And I really don't see why you can't just burn it to DVD.

Bye, Oliver

Anyone know if this program supports command line arguments ?

I can't seem to find anything anywhere about it so I'm assuming not, but though it might be worth asking in case its been hidden away somewhere :wub:

If not and if anyone has some spare time, it would be a lovley addition :)

Much rather have the process automated than have to load the program up after recording a show.

Thanks!

Please ask this in the ProjectX-Board (link here in this thread). There are people which know that! You can ask there directly to the programmer!

Steffen

Your DVB software just doesn't correct the header information. The DVBViewer in its latest release does...

Bye, Oliver

What is the use of patching system headers on the fly? This bitrate is quite irrelevant and is only used for the buffer management of the mpegdecoder.

How can you possibly determine the bitrate of vbr correctly? If there's a need for postprocessing (authoring) the 1st sequence header can be easily patched.

It's important for determining the correct lenght of media files for playback and timeshift. A lot of people complained about wrong lenghts, for example only 7 minutes for a 90 minutes recording.

Bye, Oliver