How to become a member of this forum

hackbart

Since i receive about 2-10 emails each day with a content like:

Error on the Forums!.

I tried to register, but i can not post entries or search for them.

These emails are more than nagging, so i made this post in order to explain how the whole registration process is working.

The registration process itself is quite simple:

1. click on to "Register"

2. Read the terms & conditions carefully. They contain the rules of this board as well as the responsibilities.

3. After you read the conditions you have to checkmark the "I have read, understood and agree to these rules and conditions" before pressing the register button

4. Enter the correct data in all displayed fields. Especially the eMail-Adress! and confirm the Security Code Confirmation. This code is required to keep spam bots out of this board.

Make sure that the data is correct before pressing the "Submit my registration" Button !.

So far so good..

The forum is now sending an automated email to the eMail-Adress you have entered earlier in the registration process.

This validation email contains a link which has to be executed in order to become a member in the forum. I write this in big bold letters, because it is indispensable for the registration process. If you don't click this url your registration will not completed and you can neither write nor search for posts.

Since the mail is automaticly created a couple of provider identify the mail as spam and put them into their spam/bulk folder. So if you do not receive this mail, make sure that it is not located in the trash.

I also receive a couple of questions concerning the search function:

In order to keep the server running it is necessary to register in the forum for searching, if you just want to find posts you should use google instead.

A simple request like: "DVB Adapter site:www.DVBViewer.info/forum" will list every relevant post in our forum.

Christian