Delphi Example

Micha Schumann

Would anyone here please be so kind and supply a delphi (perferrable 7) example on how to control DVBViewer from a delphi application? I am very used to delphi but not to COM.

Background: I buildt a HTPC with LCD Display and wrote a delphi application that controls the display, VLCPlayer and receives commands from a remote. I now want to control DVBViewer too. I want to make the HTPC as easy to use as possible. So the following functions are necessary:

Switch channels from my app, perferrable from own favorite list

toggle radio/tv/(DVBViewer) off

Get EPG Info (like OSD) for displaying on the lcd

toggle timeshift and pause

controll fullscreen/taskbar

Any help is very appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Have a look at DVBViewer Spy in the member section->sources. It's quite useful to get a first idea.. then have a look at the documentation. Controlling DVBViewer is quite easy, to get information is a bit more complicated, but possible, too. :jawdrop:

Still in english, german below:

Thanks a lot. Ths defintively shortens the way to get started. I just looked at the examples, to me it looks like it mainly reads data from dvbvviewer.

I still habve no idea how to:

- select a certain channel

- activate time shifting

- pause/play

- toggle radio/tv

- toggle fullscreen or not

To my understanding this should also be possible via com interface but i did not find the appropriate Functions in the sdk documentation

If one of you could show me how to achieve this ...

Thanks in advance!

Danke, das hift mir, schneller ins thema zu kommen. Ich habe mir die Beispiele angeschaut und habe das Gefühl, dass es hier hauptsächlich um das Auslesen von Daten vom DVBViewer geht. Ich habe immer noch keinen Plan, wie ich

- Kanäle schalten kann

- Timeshiftin aktiviere

- Pause und Play "drücke"

- Zwischen Radio und TV umschalte

- Fullscreen ein und ausschlate

Ich dachte, dies sollte auch über die COM Schnittstelle möglich sein, habe aber irgendwie keine passenden Funktionen in der SDK Doku gefunden.

Wenn mir jemand da noch einen heißen Tipp geben könnte...

Vielen Dank

Micha

Edited by Micha Schumann

Also der Typ "IDVBViewer" hat den Befehl "SendCommand" mit dem man jede ActionID an den DVBViewer schicken kann. Damit kann man also Befehle direkt einfach ausführen lassen, wenn man z.B. Knöpfe der Fernbedienung weiter reichen will.

Über IDVBViewer.OSD (ein Feld vom Typ IDVBOSD) kann man auch einiges noch steuern / abfragen.

//Edit: ih, du hast mich verwirrt.. hier nochmal in Englisch:

The type "IDVBViewer" offers the function "SendCommand" with ActionID as parameter. You can send every action from the action.ini to DVBViewer with that function and control it completely. That's useful, if you want to forward user input.

IDVBViewer.OSD is a member of type IDVBOSD which can be useful to get some state information and set some of them for some automatic control.

Edited by Moses

I wanted to write in english, because we are in the english part of the board. But I got confused by the double language post from micha and wrote in german. When I recognized my mistake, I had already written everything I wanted to say in german and so I just wrote it again in english.

I will try to stick to english, now :jawdrop:

Edited by Moses
Können wir uns auf eine sprache einigen? Das ist mir zuviel aufwand alles doppelt zu schreiben :huh:

I posted in english and awas wondering wheter there are users around that do not understand english that good, thats why I posted in two lanuages. However, for me it is ok to stick to english from now on. Sorry for causing confusion.

Last question: Where can I find a list of commands? Maybe I overlooked it in the sdk?

Thanks for your help and patience ;-)

Michael

Edited by Micha Schumann

Hello,

so at last I ran into big trouble: It seems to me that DVBViewer Pro just would not run stable on eitehr my Lenovo X60s Notebook (Development) nor on my HTPC (Sempron 2400). It crashes in many areas freezing completely.

DVBViewer GE runs perfectly and has everything I need but does it have the COM Interface? I can not connect to the GE version...

Help is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Micha

no ge does not have a com interface. And for the crashing. Most likely decoder problems. try to set it up like it is described in many places in the forum.

Thanks for your Tipps and help, since I had been using DVBViewer GE there was no actions.ini and COM did not work. After some tuning the pro version runs perfecly and I can control all I want. Just those wishes left:

- Can you supply the radio program information via COM in the tags like you do with TV (tv.now.title etc.)? This would be great for displaying on my LCD!

- Could you provide a channel+/- that is restricted to the radio channels?

After all: A very sophisticated software for a reasonable price! Thanks!

Micha

- Could you provide a channel+/- that is restricted to the radio channels?

DVBViewer doesn't provide something like that.. so it's unlikely to be provided for the COM Interface, I think.

You can build it yourself, if you look at the ITuner item of a channel (you can get the channels by number, so just react on +/-, all you need to know is the current channel number). One should be able to identify radio with an 0 VideoPID or something like that and then just test the next channel and so on... didn't test it, but it should be just some lines of code ;)

I did what I myself hate with my customers: I asked dumb questions instead of looking into the docs. My new motto: STFI (like RTFM - study the f*** interfaces). I found everything I need and even more and after some fiddling with the drivers it runs rock solid on my htpc. Thanks again for your patience!