DVBViewer 3.9.0.0

serkanguzel

More like 3.8.1.xbeta than 3.9... DVB-subtitles are totally screwed, some just flashes on the screen, some are early, some are several seconds too late.

DVB-subtitle delay setting is also missin like in 3.8.x betas did. And I did totally clean install, no remains screwing things up.

Version numbers climb like jetplane, software only gets worse.

edit: added support.zip

support.zip

Edited by jaska915

Tested with BBC Prime and it works fine - okay since i can not watch the transmission i just compared the polish teletext with the closed caption display. It is synchroneous. I also tested some older recordings from finland and denmark and it is also running like it should. :P

Are you sure that the transmission did not not changed instead, because we did not changed the code for the subtitles.

Christian

Tested with few channels with DVB-subtitles and everyone seems to behave the same. First I get couple lines of subtitles that are too early, then few lines that just flash on the screen for about tenth of a second. Next few lines then stay on screen ~normal time but are too early/late. And so on.

Same thing happens with recorded program with DVB-subtitling, just tested. I also tested if switching back to 2.8.5 filter would help, but no.

Strange thing, but same problem occurred with 3.8.x.x betas also.

edit: don't know about transmission changes, but with 3.8 things work as it should;) Also removed 3.9 and reinstalled 3.8 just to verify.

edit2: and I can assure that I will provide any information and help that I possibly can.

Edited by jaska915

I'm starting to think it's not worth the effort. all the dvb-subs user do is complaining, whining and bitching instead of being cooperative and providing useful informations. :P

Look we did not changed anything in the related codeparts for the dvb subtitles.

Anyway jaska, can you drop me an email? I'd like to let you test something in order to figure out if this works with your suomi transmissions.

Christian

I'm not saying that you did, just that they don't work anymore as they did with 3.8;)

How could I take a video from this to clarify things, any ideas?

edit: sure thing;) I'll send you email shortly.

Edited by jaska915

just a rapid answer for some rapid test...

DVBViewer is always the so great dvb software I like to use :wacko:

thanks again for all you effort and debuggings.

also for you features adds ! :P

regards... and welcome to the new 3.9 release.

who said ; "waiting next one" :blush:

More like 3.8.1.xbeta than 3.9... DVB-subtitles are totally screwed, some just flashes on the screen, some are early, some are several seconds too late.
Unfortenately I can confirm that problem with DVB subtitles. They either flashes wery quicly or then they will remain long time in case there are no new subtitles comming in transmission.

It somehow works now like 3.8.0.10 beta in case of playback and there is same named *.srt file in same folder as *.ts. http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=21182

This is strange. I'm watching YLE Teema now and DVB subtitles work. They are many seconds too early so there should be possibility to change the delay.

Lars and Christian. There is a new test recording on beta server if you are interested. It's just 21 seconds.

Damn, I had to upload my example video for Hackbart to my own ftp-space :P

Delay can be changed via setup.xml, although it doesn't make any difference with this flash-problem. And this is propably too difficult for average user...

New install of 3.9 doesn't make relevant lines to setup.xml, so these have to be added manually, for example:

<section name="Subtitles">

<entry name="Delay">1800</entry>

<entry name="CCDelay">1800</entry>

Edited by jaska915
Unfortenately I can confirm that problem with DVB subtitles.

Maybe that was a transmission problem, now I can not reproduse same major problem anymore. (however they comes a little bit too earlier)

Some other things conserning the installer, I get following message and if I select in the wizzard that I edit existing settings it will not offer earlier folder for recordings but gives windows "my videos" folder instead (timeshift folder comes alright)

there is a translation problem in the wizard (after setup). for french.

and also a problem when registering the dvbservice which made an error.

these errors are from 3.6.x and > ...3.9

There's a new version at membersarea, don't know what's been changed but works a LOT better than previous version.

New is 5 095 357 bytes and older 3.9 is 5 090 402 bytes in size.

Subtitles no more flash, and delay is "almost" acceptable, half a second off at most.

Thanks!

new is only the yet again enabled subtitle delay feature. We just removed it because i did not found any problems with all of my test streams and live transmissions (i just did not tested my yle streams).

Christian

Maybe that was a transmission problem
Or maybe not after all, since I also updated the installer (after pm from Mr Hackbart) but since the version number was the very same I thought it has not been changed yet. Bad thing is that the delay can only be set by editing straight the setup.xml.

Maybe I'm repeating myself, but delay-trick removed all the quirks that were present in previous version, both live-streams and recorded shows with DVB-subtitling work properly.

Just curious, what's so different with our subtitling to for example German ones? I've always thought that DVB is international standard and Yle is only finnish broadcaster that obeys those "properly"?

We don't have it in germany. That's the biggest problem. The stations here use videotext subtitles. And they are mostly for hearing impaired people, since everything is synchronized in german. If they have a film in original language they hardcode the subs into the picture.

And all other tested stream (bbc and ts-files) did work without the setting. YLE seems to be the only station making problems...

Alright then, for some reason I thought this would be EU-wide system. Even in Germany;) I did know that dubbing has been/is very common in foreign tv-programs/movies in Germany, but for some reason I assumed that as DVB also offers multiple audio streams this would been changed.

Derrick! that's not right! there is not enough snow! :blush: Just joking. BTW derrick is from the gouda cheese and kloggs country. :P

I did know that dubbing has been/is very common in foreign tv-programs/movies in Germany, but for some reason I assumed that as DVB also offers multiple audio streams this would been changed.

Well we have the analog system still working here (terr, cable and sat) and most stations do not produce special programs for DVB. Subtitles where never important or commonly used in germany.

Does the 3.9 have a drinking problem ? :P

ps.

it's the same with V3.8. Apparently I've never checked the mosaic function on a nvidia based system. On an ati based system it's ok. Preview is correctly orientated on both systems..

Edited by Derrick

something wrong with H.264 channels, takes forever to start playing them, it opens channel and seems like channel is on but no picture and sound. it takes 2 or 10 minutes before picture and sound appears but sometimes does not appear at all. one beta before everything worked well :)

Edited by zaxon
..hmm, am I the only one with upside down mosaic ? :)

Don't know, since Mosaic option does nothing here ;) If it's even supposed to work like before?

Also Preview has annoying problem. if you want to move preview window it follows mouse from distance... difficult to explain, mouse pointer is 15cm from preview-window when you try to move it;)

Not a codec problem (propably) since the three I tried (MS, ffdshow, Cyberlink) all behave the same.

edit: uninstaller seems to be also messed up, gives an error about "Messages file/unins001.msg" is missing, no idea what this even is;) Unins001.dat however is located in install directory.

post-41001-1191506086_thumb.jpg

Edited by jaska915

I went ahead and installed 3.9.0.0 over my 3.8.0.0. No problemo :)

EDIT: Ah, well, I'm having some problems with my time zone setting not sticking at the moment.

Edited by avoidz
Don't know, since Mosaic option does nothing here :) If it's even supposed to work like before?

Also Preview has annoying problem. if you want to move preview window it follows mouse from distance... difficult to explain, mouse pointer is 15cm from preview-window when you try to move it;)

Not a codec problem (propably) since the three I tried (MS, ffdshow, Cyberlink) all behave the same.

Stop the press!

Seems to have something to do with Vista (or something else), reinstalled ver. 3.8 and Mosaic isn't working in it either. I haven't even tried Mosaic/PiP for a long time, so it's a bit difficult to pinpoint what's causing this. Vista installation is also only ~2 weeks old. Xpsp2 and (propably) 3.6.1.2 was he last time I tested Mosaic and then it worked.

Propably wouldn't even tried if Derrick hadn't bring it up...

So not a big deal for me, but would be nice feature;)

edit: almost forgot, uninstaller issue was because I installed "new" 3.9 over "old" 3.9, and it seems that uninstaller just got confused with unins001.dat/unins001.exe. Works fine now after manual cleaning and reinstall.

Edited by jaska915