DVBViewer 3.9.0.0

serkanguzel

I uninstalled 3.9.0.0 and the remains of 3.8.0.0., then reinstalled 3.9.0.0; but the EPG Time Zone setting still doesn't remember the value I put in (so the EPG isn't showing up like it used to in the previous version).

Also, is there a way to disable the auto-docking of DVBViewer windows? Because if I Zoom my TV window to 100% (this is on a 1024x768 res screen), the channel list is docked to the side and I can't move it up or down or see its title bar.

Cheers :)

Edited by avoidz
EPG Time Zone setting still doesn't remember

It does remember the settings. but the display is not updated on loading in the options. to test it, open the viewer got to options/epg and click the up/down control of the timezone, it should jump from 0 to 10:30. the values are correctly saved and loaded on startup.

It does remember the settings. but the display is not updated on loading in the options. to test it, open the viewer got to options/epg and click the up/down control of the timezone, it should jump from 0 to 10:30. the values are correctly saved and loaded on startup.

Thanks. Yep, the values do change when I click on them.

Now I just have to figure out what I've done so that the program details aren't showing up when I press Enter while watching live TV. When I installed 3.8.0.0 for the first time, I had no EPG details; it seemed to be fixed by manually setting my time zone; that's why I thought it might be that :huh:

Cheers.

Nope, all the channels in tested multiplex are FTA-channels.

I have (only) two multiplexes, other one has three encrypted channels, but even if I remove them from channel list it won't work.

edit: just installed 3.6.1.2 from my own archives, mosaic works as it should;) Everything else is same, even datafolder is untouched and Usermode=1. Although I have to say that it seems to be quite a heavy task to show 5 channels in mosaic, at least in Vista;) Encrypted channels doesn't seem to have any effect to mosaic, they are just skipped.

Edited by jaska915
because numbers are use for controlling the preview with the remote.

Sorry but in preview mode i cannot change channel through numbers with remote. Nothing happens when i press number key.

Could you explain me how it works?

Thanks

Edited by Fabien44
with PIP open press OSD-blue, select help and read.

Ok i saw the help, but if i can say something on this good feature it's that not convenient at all for me!

I would have prefered to use number pad to select current channel and not to resize or move picture box (not really needed). Ok the switch channel (key 5) is needed but we can affect to another key.

I would have prefered to use number pad to select current channel and not to resize or move picture box (not really needed).

Well for remote control users it is the only way to control it. We have to make compromisses. BTW the handling is the same as it was 2 years ago when this stuff was integrated.

Well for remote control users it is the only way to control it. We have to make compromisses. BTW the handling is the same as it was 2 years ago when this stuff was integrated.

i am a remote control user, i don't use keyboard at all. The PIP is a really good feature but quite unusable without selecting channels through number directly (i have more than 25 channels)

OSD channel list still works good for me in that case.

Of course OSD channel works but i deal with the channel selection with dialing number as i used to access faster the channel without pressing ch+/ch-. Imagine I have

25 channels, in PIP mode to watch channel 5 and 20 in picture box i have to press 15 times to ch+, it's not convenient at all.

It could be very interesting to measure the need and the most often used of selecting channel feature via number and resizing/moving picture box feature (as implemented in current version), dont' you think?