crop function

linusalba

Hi! I've an idea for a new zoom option.

I'd like to see a movie as it appears here

prima.jpg

removing the 2 black bars up and down.

Final image appears as here:

dopo.jpg

I can do this disabling "aspect ratio", changing vertical stretch in zoom option and then resizing the video, but It's not easy :radscorpion: to keep the correct aspect ratio.

I'm sorry for my poor English o:)

thanks a lot for DVBViewer, Marco B)

I think you mean the same thing like this thread.

It's not the same, that is what hackbart supposed, a sort of Minimum for Blackbars around the Video.

This is a crop video during watching tv, not in recorded video.

Thanks for your answer.

Bye bye from this hot Italy o:):radscorpion:

I can do this disabling "aspect ratio", changing vertical stretch in zoom option and then resizing the video, but It's not easy  to keep the correct aspect ratio

I think I know what you mean - you want the DVBViewer to do this automatically.

It will be very difficult, however, since the DVBViewer can't "see" the picture like you see it. It had to analyze the picture permanently to find out if there are any unused parts that could be left out... and as the whole picture processing is done in the filter graph, the analyzing actually has to be done by a filter. Maybe you can write to Microsoft and ask them for a new Overlay Mixer or Video Renderer that provides some "picture size without black bars" query function :radscorpion:

Nevertheless it should be possible to facilitate the manual cropping - e.g. a function for resizing the window without affecting the TV picture size. Let's see what Christian thinks about it...

Griga

Nevertheless it should be possible to facilitate the manual cropping - e.g. a function for resizing the window without affecting the TV picture size.

This is what I'd like :radscorpion:

By the way, does anyone know Totò, the old italian actor on the left in the picture?

Bye o:) Marco

but all of this solutions do not solve the problem of overlay tv output (the black bars are still there, so on tv no real widescreen is possible - only zooming in - and that looks awfull on my tv-set)

i didn't find a way to do it directly, but maybe it's a hint for someone to find a solution:

i'm able to watch a non 16:9 movie on my tv in widescreen in 2 1/2 passes:

- record the movie with DVBViewer

- process the file with dvd2avi, create an avi-synth script cropped and ev. resized (with gknot), add audio stream manually to the avs file

- open the .avs file directly with my mediaplayer

so i get widescreen 16:9 overlay output to my tv (but it's a little bit tricky... :radscorpion:)

process the file with dvd2avi, create an avi-synth script cropped and ev. resized (with gknot), add audio stream manually to the avs file
sounds interesting!!!

Would you make a little manual for this and put it in conversion&encoding? I mean the part after dvd2avi. Is there a way to do this with SVCD to?

Steffen

[Nevertheless it should be possible to facilitate the manual cropping - e.g. a function for resizing the window without affecting the TV picture size. Let's see what Christian thinks about it...

]

That's exactly what I'd like to have as well. Another thing, that would be very useful - please add sort of "Save Settings" button to the ZOOM function, so you can save a few optimized settings for yourself. Would be useful with the use of broadscreen monitors, which I'm thinking about getting one.

2. Would be nice to have more items in the "Favourites" list, and to improve the handling of this list

Other than that I'm pretty happy with the program, ordered the full version just a few days ago. Keep up the good work!

Guest Oliver
Would be useful with the use of broadscreen monitors, which I'm thinking about getting one.

The full version features the "best width" function which automatically adjusts the pictures width to avoid black borders, but in certain cases it may be useful to have predefined settings.

2. Would be nice to have more items in the "Favourites" list, and to improve the handling of this list

That's already possible with the new MenuCreator plugin from Griga. Have a look here.

Bye, Oliver

That's already possible with the new MenuCreator plugin from Griga. Have a look here.

Yes, but would be nice to have more then 10 favorites being accessible via the OSD as well, which I guess is not possible with the plugin, that is very useful otherwise ..

• 2 years later...

I would like a cropping function in DVBViewer, so I don't need to use ffdshow for that(and the new versions won't work with DVBViewer... just crashes DVBViewer).

Usually there is some pixels garbage in the top of the picture that annoys me. I would like to get rid of those pixels. I hope this will be included in a future version ;)