New SkyStar 2 PCI/USB Version 4.2.8 drivers

stefos

For now here to working fine, no incomplete files till now. :radscorpion:

With DVBViewer had no time yet to try but later will give it a try.

First difference is that my signal is weaker for about 20%, with 4.22 was about 73 now is about 53-55%.

Guest Oliver
First difference is that my signal is weaker for about 20%, with 4.22 was about 73 now is about 53-55%.

Only with Setup4PC, with the DVBViewer the signal strength is still 70-80 %. For the DVBViewer you should donwload the new SkyAVC 3050, though.

Bye, Oliver

For the DVBViewer you should donwload the new SkyAVC 3050, though

Help a newbie, what's that and where to download (can't see in members section or on the technisat page)?

Guest Oliver

The SkyAVC is a source-filter, called Marfi's filter in the DVBViewer (applies only to the full version). You will find further information in the manual.

I've just noticed that the new 3050 filter is bundled with the DVBViewer 1.99 R8, therefore you needn't download it separately.

Bye, Oliver

just installed the 4.2.8 drivers, but now there's no image at all. audio seems to be ok. signal strength shows about 80% now instead about 55% before.

updated from 1.99R7 to R8 but no change.

anyone any idea ?

(win xp, amd 1700+)

Have you installed a mpg2 filter? Run TV4PC?

Strange thing.

I simply de-installed everything (incl. DVBViewer), took away SS2 from the device manager and installed everything (new drivers 4.2.8 and DVBViewer 1.99R8) from scratch and now everythingis ok.

Good news : In my setup signal strength INCREASED from about 50-60% to 80-90% !

Hope the corrupted mpeg files are gone now (didn't make a single uncorrupted capture of more than 15 minutes up to now). If not, i will come back to the forum in another threat.

guido

I got another problem, I can't download the new drivers yet.

Perhaps their downloadserver is overcrouded or thomething like that. Does someone know an alternative download adress, or should I simply wait till they have managed with their download problems?

Greetings Daniel

(I hope there aren't too much gramatical and typwriting errors) :radscorpion:

Maybe you use a proxy and this is why you have this problems? For me the download works fine on both links!

You need two things and the download of 4.2.8 will work:

1. many time

2. a bottle of good wine.

After drinking the last glass of wine, the download will start (I tried it abaout an hour). But I think, I need another bottle of good wine, because the download runs with the "DSL-Speed" of 8kB/s(!!!).

I think, it´s a server problem by Technisat.

Edgar

:D

I tried it late in the night... had to wait one minute for the download to start and then got 20 kb/s. Just enough time to have a quick and nice... well, whatever you like to do with your girlfriend :blush:

Griga

A little story for those who are interested in it, theme: Upgrading to Technisat software 4.2.8!

After running the setup of 4.2.8, nothing more of Sat-TV was running on my PC. DVBViewer showed no picture, no sound. TV4PC didn´t appear, which should be necessary to run DVBViewer.

I read some forums without getting an answer.

This was some hours ago!

Now, after a short sleep, I have picture and sound again and I will tell you my way for solving this problem.

It seems, that 4.2.8 has no TV4PC application! I installed the bundled DVB-ViewerTechnisat Edition, even (obwohl (so gut Englisch kann ich auch nicht)) if I had 1.99R8 on my harddisk. After this, Sat-TV was working and also the reinstallation of R8 didn´t made any problems.

The result of the whole thing is: Much better picture and sound on my not so fast PC. No froozing picture more by changing volume.

No, I´m going to bed, because I`ll have a hard day tomorroy, .... pardon, today!

Edgar

• 4 months later...

What I am missing here ist the answer to the Questions:

- Why should I change/upgrade from 4.22 if that one is working fine ?

- Is there any major improvement ?

For just getting loads of trouble and having some minor change in the signal-strength output-calculation (why should the signal-level change by software ??), I would not touch my configuration.

Happy new Year,

MBuster

Guest hackbart

well if 4.22 is working fine you don't need to upgrade..

The 4.28 driver supports:

- new Samsung Tuner (the old skystar2 revision had an grundig tuner)

- new HW Timing PLL support (the old ss2 timed the diseqc via windows sleep function)

- a few smaller bugs (don't have a complete list atm)

- NO MORE EON Lock (a must for EON castrated cards)

I personally also prefer the good ol' 4.22 driver, but since i decided to stay compatible i'll try all available versions :bounce:

Christian

• 1 month later...