Streaming problem..

badtrip

Hi there...

After solving my problem in this TOPIK (Thanks to Lars_MQ) ;)

1)

I tried to use my new DVBViewer under my home network!

Unfortunatly it didnt take a long time for me to realise that i had a problem! Maybe big one i dont know :(

In a turkish forum i found out that a buddy wrote some things about streaming DVBViewer-VLC combination.

I did try it and it was a real success! So then tried the same thing with DVBViewer-DVBViewer combination one server/client..

I got some screenshots for you, so that would easier for you to understand whats going on..

SERVER (The computer with my skystar intalled)

IP 192.168.1.100

server1kx6.th.jpg server2wf5.th.jpg

My autoport is ON! Port 600

(if open whole TP and any of checkboxes is clicked i never get a succes!)

CLIENT

IP 192.168.1.101

client1qi2.th.jpg client2oq5.th.jpg

when using netstreaming, when i open the same tv channel i my both computers it doesnt work for me!

I get the success for streaming only one time, in ten tries!. (My english lacks sorry :()

i restart the program it may work or not, i refresh the filters it may work or not. No guaranty

So it works for me but i really try a lot for it to work, but it should work in the first time, i guess..

When i try to use with DVBViewer-server configuration (not netstreamplugin)

As you see the pictures one post below, (the system didnt allow me to add all pictures in one post ) my client connects to DVBViewer-server application!

But a video never appears to me, i've never succeded this thing for now.

No channels appear!

So i wonder what i am doing wrong?

2)

As usual i change the channels a lot!

I realised that the cpu consumption grows and grows until its%100 and freezes my computer for a while!

After the freeze thing is over i always shut down DVBViewer using TASK MANAGER..

Am i doing something wrong?

3)And another question!

Im scanning the transponders via transedit, and export them into ini file.

i'm importing the ini files in my client-DVBViewer, no problem..

The question is, do i have to make all my favorites again in the client?

Is there a way to export favorites?

Support tool is attached ;)

Well ..

Thank you ..

Sabi Razon

support.zip

Edited by badtrip

Someone please answer my call...

This streaming idea was my reason for buying this software!

Because i thought it is the best program ever created for skystar dvb-s pcı card.

Someone please answer my call...

This streaming idea was my reason for buying this software!

Because i thought it is the best program ever created for skystar dvb-s pcı card.

What is really your goal for using streaming between two DVBViewer processes ?

With the netstreaming protocol you can only see the channel on your client computer, which is working the computer that your dvb card is installed! Its kinda VLC thing, just watch without changing channels!

But with server you are able to change the channels in your client computer..

But it didnt work for me..

if you own 2 computers you should try that!

Streaming: maybe it's a problem that you set the control port to be the same as the streaming port? You should try to change that. As you can see, there are no control clients registered at the server. So there is a problem with that part of the configuration. You should forget the netstreaming plugin and use dvbserver. It works much better. ;)

Favorites: just copy "favorites.xml" from the configuration folder of DVBViewer to the configuration folder of the new DVBViewer. :)

By the way, when you click start button in the server configuration, does it start to count the datarate in the general panel?

Mine one doesn't...

I tried what you said about the ports (3389port for server-pc is opened in my router), i changed them into 3389 but nothing happens :) still no visual

anything else?

About fabvorites.xml, i placed it last week into the root folder so this was my mistake, thank you..

Edited by badtrip

sure it does. If it does not, there is no active submission and something not working.

I hope you got me wrong: Try to choose two different ports. One for "Control Server" and one for the unicast stream. For example use 5000 for the control server and 5001 for the stream and be sure to change that on the client, too.

I have some news..

As i said before Port 3389 didnt work, a little while a go i tried the default port 2345, it did work!

Moses as you told me the same port was the problem because port5000 was streaming port, port 2345 should be the control port. I was seeing in the serverprogram that i had 2 streams connected !

So port2345 is the deafault one and should never be changed!

Edited by badtrip

are encrypted channels involved? First try on unencrypted ones, please and try, if decryption works on the server seperatly.

Then configure a DVBViewer on the server so that you can change channels and watch tv and so on and copy the configuration to your client. But be sure that the same decoders are installed there. I'd suggest to use cyberlink decoders (from PowerDVD). They work best.

Then have a look what dvbserver says, when the client changes the channel. Is there still data send?

Moses thank you very very much!

I've successfully done the streaming process.

Non encrypted channels are no problem but encrypted ones, sometimes does not respond...

When i restart he program they do open.. thats all..

Do you have this kind of an error?

• 2 weeks later...