AirStar2 recognized as SkyStar2

TNT

Hello, while reinstalling the WXP SP2 I have installed the latest TechniSat BDA drivers. Tried to uninstall them later on but was probably too late - anyway now my AS2 is recognized by SS2 by the DVBV GE and would not tune anything.

Could you please suggest what to do to make it work? ;)

Thanks for any hint.

Thanks a lot Griga, it has been a while since I read the instructions for posting a troubleshooting request, sorry. When I get home, I will collect all the information needed and post it, apologies once more. ;)

And no, setting the tuner to terrestrial does not help unfortunately.

Edited by TNT

Hello Griga, so finally created the support.zip - please find enclosed.

TV card: TS AirStar2

Drivers: 4.4.0.0

Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (MS-7025)

Chipset: nForce3-Ultra

Graphic card: Leadtek Winfast A7600 GT

Drivers: 6.14.10.9371

Hope that helps...

Thanks in advance!

support.zip

There are some odd things:

DVBViewer Version: 2.0.2.0

A very old DVBViewer GE version, that is not supported anymore. The current version is 2.4.2. Please update.

TV card: TS AirStar2

Drivers: 4.4.0.0

Skydll Path: I:\WINDOWS\system32\Skydll.dll

Skydll Version: 4.2.10.9999

The SkyDLL version doesn't match the driver version. Up-to-date TechniSat installers store SkyDLL.dll in \Program Files\TechniSat DVB\bin. Maybe a left-over file of a previous installation. Should be removed in this case. After that, perform a new device detection on Options -> Hardware.

Hello Griga, thank you so much! I have updated the SkyDLL as suggested and problem is resolved. :)

As for the DVBV GE obsolete version - have been using it for quite a while but that is what I often do: when a software works fine, I do not necessarily update it to the latest version - since in some cases (with other softs that is) it brought me troubles in the past.

But since you suggest it, I will try to update to 2.4.2 - cause who should know better thany you whats the best GE version to use... ;)

Thanks once more for both your advice as well as for the best DVB viewing (and especially recording) application!

A little OT - I tried to update to the latest version but it seems not to create the Setup.ini... I would like to avoid setting everything, inculding scheduled recordings, again - and in the past usually copying the Setup.ini or its relevant parts did the job. But how to do that now? :)

Tried to search the forum, but have to say the search here is not very convenient - it shows whole threads instead of the appropriate posts... ;)

Edited by TNT

Setup.ini ist stored in the configuration folder. Launch GE 2.4.2, select Info -> Configuration Folder, which opens an Explorer Window. Close DVBViewer GE, and then replace Setup.ini (not while DVBViewer GE is running!).

However, using such an aged Setup.ini with version 2.4.2 is not recommendable. There have been so many changes...