Task Scheduler

sluisga

I recently updated from 3.6.0.2 to 3.9

Now my DVBViewer won't automatically record programmes as before.

I've read various threads on here and they regularly say that windows scheduler has to be enabled in the general options menu, only problem is it doesn't appear in my 3.9 version. something wrong with this?

post-32308-1192745003_thumb.jpg

support.zip

Thanks

Remove the DVBViewer Recording Service you should only use Task Scheduler or Recording Service and the Recording Service is a old Version witch did not work with the current relays.

I've loaded the setup and gone for 'standard installation' removing any extras that were initially checked.

Does this uninstall the 'recording service'?

however, the option still hasn't appeared in general options.

Left my pc on to record a scheduled service and on coming back it was all scrambled.

Is this a problem with the recording service? The channel was a free to air channel, no descrambler required and works fine when watching normally.

I'll probably go back to the older 3.6 version if this happens once more before the rugby match tomorrow.

If you like to use the Recording Service with DVBViewer 3.9.0.0 you need a new Version witch is available in the Members Section.

But you should only use Recording Service or Task Scheduler not both.

I was using scheduler and the video recorded was all scrambled.

I'll give recording service a go as I think I used this originally and had no problems with it before. Can't not have it record properly!

I have also a problem with recording. I can't record or timeshift anything. They just don't do anything. Timer stays in waiting mode when it's supposed to start recording. Any suggestions for that? I have uninstalled and removed settings folder and installed again, but no success.

I'm using latest version, 3.9.0.0

edit: also task scheduler option is greyed, unselectable.

Edited by VeePee

do you use the "split after xx MB" option in the recorder settings? There is a known but with that, switch it off. Recordings should work then.

scheduler should be available, if you installed the task scheduler from the membersection to the DVBViewer folder.

do you use the "split after xx MB" option in the recorder settings? There is a known but with that, switch it off. Recordings should work then.

scheduler should be available, if you installed the task scheduler from the membersection to the DVBViewer folder.

Yes I used. I turned that off and now it recordings are back in business. Thanks! And scheduler is also working now, Didn't remember that required an extra download..

• 1 month later...

All works fine now, thanks.

I originally never needed the extra task scheduler download as the backup files on my pc show I only installed one program file where eveything worked fine.

Thanks anyway!

Another thing I've also noticed is that I can't switch channels whilst recording (or record 1+ channels at the same time) where as before this was possible.

Do I require another addon?

Ta.