Remote Control for DVBViewer

Hi

After I tried to sort the channels in the DVBViewer Channel list twice and both times the program crashed after a couple of program switches I decided to make my own channel list, which works independently from the viewer software and so it doesn't crash when DVBViewer does...

Anyway, I also added the possibility to make categories and sub-categories (with unlimited depth, but I guess it won't allow more than 256 layers or so). The program switches the channels by using the -c... parameter provided by DVBViewer. For each channel you have one setting (usually hid, but can be made visible via the popup menu or the right cursor key), where you need to enter the channel name, the channel number, the service ID (with ":" in front) or the channel name followed by ":"+service ID.

You can easily move the channels or folders in the list. Most functions are accessible via the keyboard, so you don't even need your mouse. You can make the window stay on top and make it partially transparent (10%, 20%, ..., 90%).

I basically wrote the whole thing for myself, but if the authors of DVBViewer don't mind and if there is any interest I'm willing to offer it for download. I would include the source code, so everyone can continue developing it. It is written in Delphi 5.

Here's a preview screen shot which basically shows all the functions of the program.

Bye, vrodo

post-8-1062071900_thumb.png

if there is any interest I'm willing to offer it for download

There is... I would like to try and to see how you've done it. Looks nice.

After I tried to sort the channels in the DVBViewer Channel list twice and both times the program crashed after a couple of program switches

Tell us more about it. With which DVBViewer version did it happen? There was a bug some versions ago, sometimes causing an access violation when moving channels to another category, but it's fixed... and it *seems* to be stable now (I just tried again... moved several channels randomly up and down the list, without any crash). But if there are still hidden bugs... maybe you can give some helpful hints.

Griga

If you want to get it please PM me your email address, I'll send it to you as soon as possible. If you want to get the Source code, please write that in the PM as well.

Program file incl. Channel List (TV & Radio) for Astra and Hotbird are in a 157kb ACE-file. Source code incl. icons and images are in a 17kb ACE-file. You need WinAce or a compatible unpacker.

The pre-configured channel list will only work if you did not rename the channels in DVBViewer after you searched the satellites. (except the channels which begin with spaces, you have to remove the spaces at the beginning).

For those who want the program file, here's a short manual:

Unpack the 3 files into a folder and run the exe file. First it asks you for the path to the DVBViewer.exe. You only need to answer this question the first time you are running the program.

A pre-configured channel list is included (the .dat and .da2 files). But you can start your own one, by simply not copying these files or deleting everthing in the program.

You can create a new folder by pressing [Alt]+[Ctrl]+[n]. If another folder is selected it will become a sub-folder, else it will be another root folder.

You can add a new channel by pressing [Alt]+[n]. If a folder is selected, it will be added in this folder. If another channel is selected, it will be added in the same folder as the selected channel. Else it will be added on top level.

A dialog window will appear, it will ask you for the channel name (it doesn't matter what you fill in here) and after that you have to enter the channel name or channel number from DVBViewer (please refer to the DVBViewer Help File 6. The Channel List - External Favourite Lists). Everything that you enter in the second dialog window will be put after the -c parameter.

You can open a channel from the program by pressing Enter or doubleclicking it.

You can move channels or folders with drag&drop or keys [F8] (up) and [F9] (down).

The channel list will be saved automatically when you close the program.

Right Click the Program to see the popup menu with some more options.

After I tried to sort the channels in the DVBViewer Channel list twice and both times the program crashed after a couple of program switches

Tell us more about it. With which DVBViewer version did it happen? There was a bug some versions ago, sometimes causing an access violation when moving channels to another category, but it's fixed... and it *seems* to be stable now (I just tried again... moved several channels randomly up and down the list, without any crash). But if there are still hidden bugs... maybe you can give some helpful hints.

I use DVBViewer V1.99R8. It only crashed after it was running approximately more than an hour and I was constantly switching the channels. Actually that's no problem, I only need to switch the channels all the time, when I resort my channel list and not when I am watching. I guess the card was overheating and that caused the viewer to crash - and it did not work until I restarted my computer. My computer gets really, really hot recently, so that's a very likely reason, probably a problem only on my computer.

If you want to get it please PM me your email address

Why don't you just upload it to the forum as attachment?

Program file incl. Channel List (TV & Radio) for Astra and Hotbird are in a 157kb ACE-file. Source code incl. icons and images are in a 17kb ACE-file. You need WinAce or a compatible unpacker.

ACE? :radscorpion: Never had that before. That's why I'd prefer ZIP (or RAR), if possible... so I don't have to search for WinAce in the web and install another unpacker - like many other forum members, I guess.

BTW: It should be no problem to write a plugin wrapper for your program, so it can be called from the DVBViewer's Plugins Menu. Interested?

Griga

Guest Oliver
BTW: It should be no problem to write a plugin wrapper for your program, so it can be called from the DVBViewer's Plugins Menu. Interested?

I'd like that better, too. But I think that's exactly what he didn't want:

I decided to make my own channel list, which works independently from the viewer software and so it doesn't crash when DVBViewer does...

Maybe it's possible to program it in such a way that it can be used standalone and as plugin.

Bye, Oliver

PS: You should be able to decompress ACE with WinRAR, I'm not sure about WinZIP.

Maybe it's possible to program it in such a way that it can be used standalone and as plugin.

Yes, that's what I was thinking of.... well, in the meantime my thoughts went a bit further. Actually they are thinking about a plugin, that allows to create user defined entries in the Plugins Menu (defined by a litte textfile), e.g. for launching other programs/ tools/ scripts/ batches... even the DVBViewer itself :radscorpion: with command line parameters for switching over to channels. An unlimited 'Favourites' menu could be created in this way, or a favourite list for videos...

It shouldn't be too difficult - maybe I get it working soon...

Griga

Hi again

I didn't know that I can upload the whole program in this forum, I thought you could only attach images. I'll give it a try now.

ACE?  Never had that before. That's why I'd prefer ZIP (or RAR), if possible... so I don't have to search for WinAce in the web and install another unpacker - like many other forum members, I guess.

ACE makes the files much smaller than WinZip, so that's why I decided to pack it with this. But I'll attach the program and source code as ZIP files if you wish.

I'd like that better, too. But I think that's exactly what he didn't want:

I decided to make my own channel list, which works independently from the viewer software and so it doesn't crash when DVBViewer does...

I would be interested. But I would prefer DVBViewer simply to open the program by pressing a key or a button, so that the RC runs independently from DVBV (just like the RC opens DVBViewer).

Actually they are thinking about a plugin, that allows to create user defined entries in the Plugins Menu (defined by a litte textfile), e.g. for launching other programs/ tools/ scripts/ batches...

This sounds very good, exactly what I was thinking of. :radscorpion:

Thanks for the upload!

This sounds very good, exactly what I was thinking of.

OK, then I'll start coding right now... :radscorpion: when it's done, I will upload it to the forum (inclusive Delphi 6 source).

Griga

Thanx, Griga. I made this new function for my program, which can export a menulist.ini compatible list of commands to the clipboard. When you insert this in the menulist.ini file you get the complete channel list in the plugins menu. Here's a Screenshot.

post-8-1062188307_thumb.png

Hey, you are pretty fast, man... the OS will wonder why this app needs so many menu handles :blush:

Griga

P.S. You can replace your old upload by a new one - not necessary to create a second download link (which may be confusing for some users). And it would save server space...