Clean reinstall of Pro

ricabullah

Hi guys!

I want to make a clean reinstall of Pro under Vista; i mean i want to make my own Transponders folder which TransEdit will recognize.

Even i uninstall Pro and CMUV and registry, when i reinstall it, i see again my pasword and e-mail by default and Transedit shows all sat inis even i cleaned the Transponders folder under DVBViewerPro.

On GE, i can clean easily the Transponders folder under ProgramData/DvbViewerGE (which TransEdit recognizes)

And put my own current inis which i downloaded from Kingofsat.

But on Pro i can not see any Transponders folder under CMUV. I haven't discovered where Transedit reads Transponders info and i can not figure out.

How can i clean out them all?

Any input will be appreciated.

I don't have a specific answer but can offer a generic solution that may work.

After you have uninstalled your software restart your computer and run CCleaner. This should clean out all the unused remnants.

Perhaps someone with more experience can offer a better solution.

Edited by dezzy
I don't have a specific answer but can offer a generic solution that may work.

After you have uninstalled your software restart your computer and run CCleaner. This should clean out all the unused remnants.

Perhaps someone with more experience can offer a better solution.

Thanks a lot dezzy for your contribution!

But even i clean the remainings of the program, after reinstallation, i want to clean Transponders folder's inis and even deleting channels dat and database never solve the problem.

Hope experienced users or mods would give a hand?

Edited by ricabullah

I'm not really sure if I understood you correctly... but: did you have a look in the configurationfolder of DVBViewer? DVBViewer will show this folder: About->Configuration Folder. The Transponder lists should be saved there, since one of the last versions.

I'm not really sure if I understood you correctly... but: did you have a look in the configurationfolder of DVBViewer? DVBViewer will show this folder: About->Configuration Folder. The Transponder lists should be saved there, since one of the last versions.

Hi Moses!

Thanks for response. But i can already reach CMUV folder directly (or via DVBViewer)

The problem is i can never reach transponders info or inis in that folder. (Even i can find them on GE in Transponders folder under ProgramData/DVBViewerGE)

Since i can not find them, i can not delete them.

By the way, my Viewer version is 3.9.0.0

Thanks!

Edited by ricabullah
Where the Configuration Folder saved departs on the UserMode look here.

Hi Tiod, thx for reply.

But i think you mean XP.

I'm under Vista and my usermode.ini is set to usermode=2 and when i look into C:\Documents and Settings\ricabulah\Application Data, i can see just this:

tiodva9.th.jpg

And no CMUV under the folders.

On the other hand when i open CMUV under C/ProgramData/CMUV, i see this:

tiod2pv4.th.jpg

Transponders folder (or anything else) is still missing.

Edited by ricabullah

with usermode=2 the configuration folder should be in "all users" not "ricabulah", at least in XP... I think in Vista it should be similar, because usermode=2 is for "all users", there is another one for "the current user".

with usermode=2 the configuration folder should be in "all users" not "ricabulah", at least in XP... I think in Vista it should be similar, because usermode=2 is for "all users", there is another one for "the current user".

Moses,

i checked it as well, nothing has changed.

Hi!

Finally i've found where Transponders folder is hidden.

As i told before you can find everything in CMUV under C/ProgramData except transponders folder in which TransEdit reads *.inis.

UserMode is set to 2 in usermode.ini: (in my case)

transponders0jt8.th.jpg

And i've found missing folder here:

transponderslp7.th.jpg

C/Users/Ricabullah/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/ProgramData/CMUV/DVBViewer/Transponders

Edited by ricabullah

ok, that's because Windows Vista is lying to DVBViewer... DVBViewer thinks, that it writes to the correct path, but probably has (or has had in the past) not enough rights to do so... so vista starts lying. ;)

Hi guys!

Today i made a fresh install of my Pro under Vista so as to check where some part of CMUV would be hidden.

This time i selected "individual users instead of "for all users".

rojo7.th.jpg

Again i found some part of CMUV (except Transponders folder) under C/ProgramData/CMUV/DVBViewer

roamob9.th.jpg

And the rest of the CMUV including Transponders folder was here

roamingwf7.th.jpg

C/Useres/Ricabullah/AppData/Roaming/CMUV/DVBViewerPro

Did not try with the option of "Program Folder"

Edited by ricabullah
Did you make the first appstart after installation through "run as Administrator" ?

What do you mean?

If you mean the first application start via right click on DVBViewer.exe and "run as administrator"; the answer is no.

But what would happen if i first started as admin?

Edited by ricabullah

If you start as admin, the necessary Regentries (and possibly the necessary Folders) can be (correctly) created.

I did not test ist actually (because I use XP and overlay - best picture Quality), but a "virtual folder" or a "virtual Registry" store is only then created in Vista, when the app wants to do things for which normally admin rights are needed. This is done from the OS to protect himself.

The sad thing about this behaviour is that you get no warning or hint that the OS did that.

Other users as an example had problems with DVBViewer username and password under vista if it is not started as admin at the first start.

The programmers should check that behaviour from DVBViewer in the future.

For now, if your 1st start of the app is as admin no virtual stores should be created.

If you start as admin, the necessary Regentries (and possibly the necessary Folders) can be (correctly) created.

I'm not sure.

As you know there is no Virtual things when i choose "individual users" option.

This time it is not under "Local " but "Roaming"

azeman, i made fresh install of Vista and Pro today.

And started as admin. Again selected "individual users" option.

Nothing has changed, i found two CMUVs again at the same places.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I have to correct my mistake.

I understood the problem is based on my Vista, tired of lots of tweaks.

I gave it a try again on a fresh Vista installation and this time CMUV was staying its own place where it's expected to be.

I didn't select to start as admin.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ __ _

"all users" selection: (CMUV is one piece)

forum001kc4.jpg

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"for each user seperate" selection: (CMUV is two pieces)

forum002am2.jpg

forum003yj2.jpg

BTW azeman, for "each user seperate, nothing has changed as i told before. For "for all users" i got what i wanted.

Edited by ricabullah