Haali video renderer

pkcahier

Hello,

Haali's video renderer is a fast gpu based renderer that proves to be in many case better than the vmrs/overlay. Would it be possible to add it to the list of possible renderers? I do not think this should be hard.

You may get it from http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/ if to test.

Best Regards,

Paul Cahier

I do not think this should be hard.

Please leave the thinking to people with knowlegde. We really don't need a weisenheimer telling us what is hard to do and what not...

No what lars wanted to say is: there are exactly two people who have enough knowledge of the pro to say if it is easy or hard to implement. all other stating such things are simply showing off their ignorance and incompetence. :(

You don't tell the heart surgeon how to do his job on your open heart operation just before he cuts you open ("it's not so hard, just a little cutting and then a little fiddeling, a chimpansee could do it..."). at least not if you want to wake up afterwards... :(

Adding another renderer means much more than just replacing a DirectShow filter (like a decoder). DVBViewer uses a lot of interfaces for communicating with the renderer. If the new one is not fully compatible with an already known renderer, the implementation can be very hard, particularly without documentation.

Ok, let's assume the haali renderer interfaces are compatible with the VMR 9 interfaces, as suggested here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=108088

In this case it would be quite simple, because everything that has to be done is replacing a CLSID by another one. At least it seems to be quite simple... but, as all software developers know, the devil is in the details.

I would give it a try in DVBViewer GE, but unfortunately I have no graphics card with PS 2.0 compatible shaders, that are mandatory for using the haali renderer.

I am really sorry if I offensed anyone. I obviously forgot about the interface.

>> Please leave the thinking to people with knowlegde.

This was a bit mean, and I apologize if I hurt you. I actually have a decent knowledge of dshow programmation(having done a few things myself, albeit nothing of the level of DVBViewer) and I did not in any way imply to say it was a simple copy paste. And as I was saying I did not consider the interface. Again sorry .

You could refrain for calling me an idiot with no knowledge though. That is fairly offensive and agressive.

You could refrain for calling me an idiot with no knowledge though. That is fairly offensive and agressive.

I wager they probably already spent your 15EUR and have no need for your customership anymore. So don't come here to suggest anything - go back to your hole and stay there you moron. ;)

(BTW, I liked your suggestion)

they probably already spent your 15EUR

Of course we did ;)

and have no need for your customership anymore

We don't, because DVBViewer Pro is everything that is sold here. After having purchased it, all updates and add-ons are for free... so, sorry to say, you can't be a customer again, all right? :)

So don't come here to suggest anything

Well, suggest what you want, but don't say it will be easy, at least as long as Lars is lurking around here. :fear: He just doesn't like it - how can you expect a genius like him to do something that is "not hard"? That's offending. Rather write "I know it will be very difficult - anybody there who is willing to take the challenge?" The psychological way, you know... :)

Anyway - I promise when my ol' beloved shaderless Geforce MX 440 is dead and gone and I have to buy a new graphics card, I will try that haali thing.

We don't, because DVBViewer Pro is everything that is sold here. After having purchased it, all updates and add-ons are for free... so, sorry to say, you can't be a customer again, all right? ;)

I like this :fear:

• 1 month later...

Heheheh too much noise around stupid request ( and yes it is stupid ... period )

I use 3.9.1.1 with halli spliter and overlay with ati 2600 HD ... and gues what ... i watch and record premiere HD astra 19.2 E with 5% cpu utilisation with TVOUT enabled !!! soo why you need better renderer ???

Only reason i can think is " Just to torture developer ?".

Get yourself REAL GPU with unified video shared or if u r nvidia fan use some card with VP2 chip onboard ... select overlay with decoder written for your card add halli INTO SYSTEM and it will be used automaticaly without any change to DVBViewer :-)

Thats my 10 cents ... if u want proof ... i will send you screen grab with task menager ...

_DM_

• 2 weeks later...
Heheheh too much noise around stupid request ( and yes it is stupid ... period )

I use 3.9.1.1 with halli spliter and overlay with ati 2600 HD ... and gues what ... i watch and record premiere HD astra 19.2 E with 5% cpu utilisation with TVOUT enabled !!! soo why you need better renderer ???

Only reason i can think is " Just to torture developer ?".

Get yourself REAL GPU with unified video shared or if u r nvidia fan use some card with VP2 chip onboard ... select overlay with decoder written for your card add halli INTO SYSTEM and it will be used automaticaly without any change to DVBViewer :-)

Thats my 10 cents ... if u want proof ... i will send you screen grab with task menager ...

_DM_

I think this is cool. Will this work for Vista too (guess not).

• 2 weeks later...

@ febo

How exactly did you add haali "into system". I'm running DVBViewer Pro 3.9.2 under XP and have a ATI HD 2600 an two TT-connect s2-3600 (USB). I use the cyberlink powerdvd mpeg2 and h.264 decoders. I installed the newest matroska splitter.exe. How can i verify that DVBViewer uses the haali renderer now instead of the xp-overlay mixer. When i open the graph with graph edit, there's no hint to haali.

Thanks for your help.

ellveez

• 1 month later...

Because with Haali you have the possibility to have DXVA with subtitles enabled.

But EVR has this feauture as well if thats what you want. :bye:

How exactly did you add haali "into system". I'm running DVBViewer Pro 3.9.2 under XP and have a ATI HD 2600 an two TT-connect s2-3600 (USB). I use the cyberlink powerdvd mpeg2 and h.264 decoders. I installed the newest matroska splitter.exe. How can i verify that DVBViewer uses the haali renderer now instead of the xp-overlay mixer. When i open the graph with graph edit, there's no hint to haali.

Thanks for your help.

ellveez

I need to know this too.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

you cant just use haali renderer because a renderer needs to be implemented into the application. its not like a decoder.

as far as i know DVBViewer team is working on an own renderer.