Spanish DTT on Hispasat

Josezkaos

Another Software (HispaDVB2 alpha8) allows to recieve Spanish DTT on Hispasat. I tested it and it perfectly works, shows every service available (EPGs, teletext, audios, ... even MHP Services Pids).

I just use DVBViewer Pro, so it'd be nice if you get to add this feature.

BTW i guess this would allow to watch not only Spanish DTT transponders on Hispasat, it probabbly can be used on other satellites and DTTs signals.

Another Software (HispaDVB2 alpha8) allows to recieve Spanish DTT on Hispasat. I tested it and it perfectly works, shows every service available (EPGs, teletext, audios, ... even MHP Services Pids).

I just use DVBViewer Pro, so it'd be nice if you get to add this feature.

BTW i guess this would allow to watch not only Spanish DTT transponders on Hispasat, it probabbly can be used on other satellites and DTTs signals.

Can you please give me channels that can you see in spanish dtt ?

Well, I'll try to explain as I speak and understand spanish.

In fact, all the spanish DVB-T channels are now transmitted by DVB-S (FTA) using the Hispasat 30°W satellite. However, it is not a standard DVB-S transmission, as the scan of the frequencies doesn't report any channel.

The frequencies used in DVB-S transmission are :

11570 H

11655 H

12622 H

12622 V

12640 H

12640 V

All with SR 12960 and FEC 5/6

I tried to scan those frequencies with both DVBViewer Pro and TransEdit with no result. After doing some researches on the spanish web, I found that the last version of HispaDVB (working with BDA devices too) can receive those channels, with activating an option known as "Retevision TX" as you can see in this snapshot I've made on my own PC :

capturerwy0.png

You can see at the right corner that channels were found successfully.

Well, we hope that we can have this soon on DVBViewer Pro :)

Edited by supertack

Are there technical specifications available for this kind of transmission? Which device do you use for receiving it with HispaDVB? Does the TransEdit Analyzer show any data?

Are there technical specifications available for this kind of transmission? Which device do you use for receiving it with HispaDVB? Does the TransEdit Analyzer show any data?

Well, I've not yet any idea about this kind of transmission, maybe you can find some additional information here (in spanish, try to translate with Systran if needed) :

http://foros.zackyfiles.com/showthread.php...392#post3090392

I also know that the technology used belongs to "Retevision", it may be a broadcaster or something like that.

About the device, I'm using the BDA device, as I got a Hauppauge Nova-S Plus with BDA drivers. BDA device interface has been added to the last version of HispaDVB (HispaDVB 2 Alpha 8) and it's fully compliant with my DVB-S hardware.

Finally, the TransEdit Analyzer is showing the structure of the selected transponders with no problem. If you're interested, please just tell me how to send you the results of this analyse (maybe in XML format ? :) )

Thanks for support !

Edited by supertack

Well, I tried to record or export with TransEdit Analyzer with no success. However, here you have a complete snapshot of one of the transponders we are speaking about. Feel free to ask me for more information if needed.

analyseqj3.png

I've joined the HispaDVB2 channel list in order to help you guessing right PIDs from my snapshot. All the channels included in this list are "Retevision" ones.

You can also see here a snapshot of "40 Latino" channel properties . This channel is included in the same transponder I've analyzed with TransEdit.

40latinogj6.png

LstCanales.ini

Edited by supertack

Obviously the stuff is transmitted in transport stream packets, but not in a DVB compliant way. Without technical specifications from the company or organisation that invented this kind of transmission there is no chance to do something with it. It would be just blind guessing.

Of course, and I also understand that it is a way of protecting DVB-T intented transmission from being intercepted by other countries. However, I think that spanish people would be pleased to receive those channels using DVBViewer Pro as they already do with HispaDVB. I asked recently for source code, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Thanks anyway for you support.

Sorry i didn't answer, i've been away lately. :)

Yes, DTT stands for Digital Terrestrial Television (or DVB-T), and it's free to air on Hispasat (but using some alternative coding).

Supertack explained it everything perfectly, thanks.

I've checked the HispaDVB's forum and they added this to the Alpha8 thread:

- No hay un instalador, porque esta versión no está diseñada para usuarios básicos, es una versión en desarrollo y cuando menos te lo esperes fallará.

- El modo Retevisión (TDT by sat) funciona en todas las tarjetas tipo software que están soportadas por el HispaDVB. Que nadie te convenza de que únicamente funciona con las SkyStar 2. También funciona en las SkyStar HD, Technisat Budget PCI, TwinHan y compatibles TwinHan y todas las que sean compatibles BDA y sean correctamente gestionadas por nuestro módulo BDA.

- El modo Retevisión no funciona y NUNCA funcionará con las tarjetas premium (SkyStar 1, Galaxis, Nexus, etc). De la misma forma es probable que no funcione en ningún deco de sobremesa de los fabricados hasta ahora. Lo siento no espereis una actualización de firmware porque no creo que llegue dado que es un tema de hardware.

- Teneis que tener instalados en el equipo codecs decentes para visualizar y ver los canales de forma decente. FFDshow suele dar problemas, usa Elecard, intervideo o ciberlink.

- La señal que llega de Hispasat NO está encriptada. El HispaDVB no da soporte a claves ni nada parecido, no lo ha hecho nunca y no creo que nunca lo haga. Y por supuesto en este foro está terminantemente prohibido hablar de temas ilegales por lo que todo mensaje que no se atenga a las normas será cerrado/borrado como hasta ahora.

- There's no installer, because this version is not designed for basic users, is an on development version and it will probably crash.

- Retevisión mode (TDT by sat) works on every sort of software TV Cards which are supported by HispaDVB. Don't let anyone else try to make you think it only works on SkyStar2. It also works on SkyStar HD, Technisat Budget PCI, TwinHan and TwinHan compatibles as well as any other BDA card which is correctly managed by our BDA module.

- Retevision mode does not work and WILL NEVER work on premium cards (SkyStar1, Galaxis, Nexus, etc.). Probably it will also never work on an stand alone player availables nowaday. Sorry, don't expect a firmware upgrade because it's about HARDWARE thing.

- You have to have installed on your PCs suitable codecs for playing any channel. FFDshow use to be buggy, use Elecard, intervideo or Cyberlink.

- DVB-T on Hispasat IS NOT ENCRYPTED. HispaDVB does not support sat-keys, never have done, and don't think it will ever do. And of course, in this forum it's completely not allow write about ilegal topics, so any message which don't respect that, will be erased.

Dont know if that's helpful or not.

Anyway, i do have an SkyStar2, and it works flawlessly.

If i can help with anything, here i am.

Thanks for the interest.

post-10411-1195213885_thumb.jpg

Hello all,

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing this software (I just had the chance to give it a try) and implementing this would definitely make my decision :wacko:

Regards.

Hi all,

Had the same problem. Couldn't find the channels using TransEdit/DVBViewer Pro. [removed] How can make these channels appear in the list when searching?

Regards,

Rafael

• 4 weeks later...