Problems editing channels

Kevin Bishop

I have DVBViewer Pro v3.9.0.0 running under Vista with two technotrend S2-3200s a single CI board with a UK Sky Digital card for some PTV channels. After the fun and games trying to get the hardware working with Visa MC, I found DVBViewer and what a relief!

I have a few small probelms, as they are related I list them together:

I have found transponder and channel lists on lyngsat & kingofsat, however for some channels they dissagree, especially on V-ID & A-ID. It seems Lyngsat is more accurate, but they do not list all the details, such as teletext. As Kingofsat had all the details (before I noticed the difference), I set the channels up using those settings, but I am having to edit about 30% to the lyngsat settings, and I am having trouble saving the settings.

If I scan the frequencies, the list is populated with the same details as kingofsat, but many don't work. After hitting update, save, closing, re-opening, standing on my head and beating myself with a stick - it sometines saves the 'right' setting and works great from then on. When I change the V-ID (for example) in channeledit and press update, I can see the channellist flicker as it updates, if I click away and back to the edited channel in channeledit it looks fine, but as soon as I close channeledit - the setting reverts, whether I hit save or not. Occasionaly it works - but it's very frustrating and I don't really want to start all over again!

I would appreciate some guideance on these issues:

Why are the two websites different?

Is there another site with all the 'correct' details?

Why do the scanned settings not work?

Why can I not save the changes to the channel list?

Thanks you in advance for your help.

Kevin.

I would advise you to collect the frequencies and some other data in an update transponderlist and scan for yourself, this way you'll get the most updated and acurate data in a very short and easy way. Have a look here, at the manual for transedit, which is great to assemble a transponderlist. :)

That the changes are not saved is not a good sign. Could be a vista problem with some rights and virtual storage and so on... be sure that the user that runs DVBViewer has sufficient right to write in the configuration folder of DVBViewer. You will find the folder, when you click on "configuration folder" in the about menu.

I would advise you to collect the frequencies and some other data in an update transponderlist and scan for yourself, this way you'll get the most updated and acurate data in a very short and easy way. Have a look here, at the manual for transedit, which is great to assemble a transponderlist. :)

That the changes are not saved is not a good sign. Could be a vista problem with some rights and virtual storage and so on... be sure that the user that runs DVBViewer has sufficient right to write in the configuration folder of DVBViewer. You will find the folder, when you click on "configuration folder" in the about menu.

Thanks Moses, I did use transedit when I first set up, but don't remember having any success with scanning for channels. However I will RTFM and let you know how I get on.

I have also checked user permissions and the user does have full access to both the 'Program Data' and 'Program Files' configuration folders (just in case). However it does sometimes work so I havent't paid too muich attention to permissions. If it was permissions, surely it would never work?

I checked my transponder list and thats good. I rescanned all channels OK.

Some work, but a many don't. In channeleditor I see the VPID and APID of the scanned channels that don't work are the same as KingofSat, but different to Lyngsat. I change VPID & APID settings to that of Lyngsat (to test) Add as a new channel and save. The new channel appears in the Channellist - but has the scanned settings - not the settings I just saved. Surly if this was a permission issue - I would not have been able to create a new channel???? The user now has full control over Program Files\DVBViewer and Program Data\DVBViewer (The configuration folder).

I have tried exporting to ini, ediring and re-importing but whatever I do to the channels, DVBViewer changes my settings for those of the scanned channels - which don't work.

I don't understand why the scanned channels don't work (I presume KingofSat have also scanned the satellite frequencies) but from previous tesing Lynsat seem to work?

I also don't understand why the settings that I change - do not save properly.

Please help - before I tear the last of my hear out - not much left now!

I have just resolved the not saving issue: I found a tick-box for 'auto-update channel' on the channel menu item. Un--checking that means I can now manually edit channels,

however - I still cannot view many channels, even after a re-scan.

Is this what you need?

Yes,

Now you know the address of Transponders folder(under CMUV) /maybe you know already where it is/

If you don't mind lets try another thing?

Close program. Find out and carry this Transponders folder on to the desktop.

Open Transedit and give us another screenshot.

Edited by ricabullah

I hope this is what you need....

The transponder list I am using is one I compiled myself, with all the Sky Digital transponders: 282.ini

Channel scan finds the frequency 12168-V, scans it and finds all the channels, they just don't work ?!?

I did get Channel 4 working last week, but after the recent re-scan, I cannot get it working at all.

post-46095-1195311782_thumb.jpg

I hope this is what you need....

The transponder list I am using is one I compiled myself, with all the Sky Digital transponders: 282.ini

Channel scan finds the frequency 12168-V, scans it and finds all the channels, they just don't work ?!?

I did get Channel 4 working last week, but after the recent re-scan, I cannot get it working at all.

Did you really carry Transponders folder under CMUV onto desktop before opening Transedit?

Yes, but don't I need to tell transedit to use that folder? I don;t know where transedit defaults to.

If it saves any time: I am technically an expert when it comes to PCs (I'm a computer & network consultant of some 20 years), but I am fairly new to Vista and DVBViewer. So please don't hesitate to ask technical questions ;-)

OK, Kevin then you already know what folder Transedit uses. (normally it uses Transponders folder under CMUV)

I clean that folder first and download needed inis from Kingofsat into that folder.

Have you analized 12168 V recently by Transedit analiser?

The level of signal, etc?

Edited by ricabullah

I haven't found any inis on kingofsat. Could you point me in the right direction?

In transedit, I can see the channels, signal looks good, I can see data, but when I preview, I get nothing.

BTW - Thanks for your help!

OK got it thanks. (0282.ini)

Opened in transedit and analyzed 12168.

I see all the channel 4 channels, but when I preview I get nothing.

I can preview free channels but I haven't found any encrypted ones that preview

Does Transedit preview encrypted channels?

Does Transedit preview encrypted channels?

Yes, with CI/CAM modules.

But don't forget to set default decoders on Transedit settings:

menu bar;

Settings > Preview

Edited by ricabullah

Tried several different decoders :-(

I am getting pretty much all free channels, but hardly any encrypted, however I am getting some so presumably the CI is working.

I have now got access to channel 4 - but more by accident than anything else:

Channel 4 is on Astra2A, 28.2E - 12168V SID: 9201, Videoguard, PMT: 257, PCR: 2305, TXT:2326

Kingofsat show VPID: 2327 APID: 2324 & 2325

Lyngsat showed VPID: 2310, APDI: 2311 They have recently upgraded to the same as kingofsat :-P

However, I can get Channel 4 on VPID: 2327 & APID: 2311 - which shouldn't work!!!!

I assume channel 4 has changed recently and perhaps some systems have not updated, but it's really odd that I can only get it to work half on old and half on new.

I still have loads of channels that don't work, so if you (or anybody) can shed any light on this, I would be very gratetfull.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now got my head around the channel settings and having disable the auto update, they seem to be stable.

There are still a couple of channels that I have scanned, the data complies with the various websites, but I get nothing on the screen. Transedit shows data on those channels, but preview shows nothing.

The channels are 'SKY Movies' Channels, which are available or not, depending on your subscription. My subscription should allow access to these channels, but as these are about the only channels I have found that I cannot view, I wondered if there was something else required?

Has anybody else got Sky Digital movie channels working?

There are no 'official' Sky modules available. Officially sky do not support anything other than a sky box, so 'technically' none of this is supported.

I am trying to establish whether a) I have done something wrong, :bye: I am the first to try this, or c) it is impossible?

My CI module and CAM support NDS and as far as I can tell they should support Sky. I have a T-Rex twin CAM [delete] in a technotrend CI card.

As I say most channels are fine, including encrypted channels such as Sky One, Two, Discovery etc.

Forum Rules

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "common interface" (CI) and the corresponding "common access module" (CAM) with a smart-card. This applies regardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.