TS Files recorded with DVBViewerPro

LePouSAT

Hi guys !

I just recorded a movie on a French HDTV channel with DVBViewer Pro and I got a .ts file !

The file plays perfectly under MediaPlayerClassic but I can't find any tool to encode it as a MKV or XVID file ...

Can someone help me please ?

Thanks in advance !

LEPouSAT

My problem is that all the files I get when recording HD channels are considered as corrupted files by all the programs I tried to convert ... All the programs are using DGIndex and this one tells that no video stream header is detected, and no audio extraction is possible with any proggie.

If anyone has an idea ...

LePouSAT

Yes i know but I tried Auto Gordian Knot which used DGIndex ...

I tried RippIt4m which worked perfectly for Video but not for audio ... It told me that no audio is available ...

It only do this for HD TS Files

Any idea ?

LePouSAT

Edited by LePouSAT

Hi,

DGIndex can only work with MPG2 ts, it cannot work with h.264 TS files. And in most cases HDTV ts are using h.264 as video codec.

You should make yourself familiar with the usage of the avisynth.dll and megui, they are able to handle such streams and reencode them either into a lower bitrate h.264 stream ( using the mkv or mp4 container ) or a divx stream ( using mkv or avi ), as you like. Nevertheless, reencoding to divx IMHO is senseless, because HDTV needs to high bitrates when compressed with an older codec like DivX / XVid. The better idea is just to cut the recordings using the ts_packet_editor and to remultiplex them into mkv using the haali matroska splitter and graphedit.

But I am sorry, explaining how to do such things in detail goes a little to far here, there are bulletin boards like www.doom9.org, where such things are discussed and explained in detail.

C.U. NanoBot

I know that HD streams are H264 and not MPEG2 ...

I tried many tutorials to reencode my movies but none of them worked ... I always get a warning telling that there is no video stream header while the file is played perfectly under VLC or MediaPlayer Classic ...

What could be the problem ??

LePouSAT

The problem is that nearly all "one button" packages like gordian knot, AutoGK etc. are using DGIndex. And DGIndex cannot and never will be able to handle h.264 videos. So all packages you have tried are not usable for HDTV.

C.U. NanoBot

OK ...

So, how may I encode a .TS HDTV file into either a MKV H264 file or a XViD file ???

Thanks to help me !!

LePouSAT

Read this for start:

http://www.flaskmpeg.info/board/thread.php...451b5#post68161

This is quite a problem with current tools. Elecard XMuxer Pro seems to be capable for demuxing

and muxing transport streams so that muxing to .mkv is possible. XMuxer is unfortunately not free.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LePouSAT,

I had the same problem. It was hard to find programs for playing this files and even harder to find programs that can convert them.

Now I installed "Haali Media Splitter". Which is a really great tool. Now any player plays those HDTV-TS Files and ANY good converter can handle them. I write "good" because now it is not a matter of recognising the format, but handling those big files.

Try Haali Media Splitter !!!

Merry Christmas,

Glongo